My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones story is cute and all but he’s 5’10 in platform shoes. Josh Richardson is not a PG, that should be clear to all now. I get that they’re tanking and all but if the decision, post Primo, is to stand pat with one undersized 5’8 PG who can’t shoot, it’s gonna be a loooooong season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it will be worth it if we get a top 3 draft pick and it’s not like they are any decent PG just sitting at home waiting for a call up. I am cool rolling with the guys we have and letting the chips fall wherever as long as the young kids get playing time and get better.

It sucks Blake got injured but happens look at Warriors when Curry was out they got a freaking number 1 pick. And as far as draft picks I am starting to get worried about Sochan as he clearly has issues with his shot. I am worried this might be a little to much to soon as he didn’t even start for Baylor and now he is starting on a NBA team. Don’t get me wrong I like to see our draft picks get some run but I think he needs some time in G League where he has the Green light and doesn’t have to really worry if he has a bad night. On another note did we ever find someone to replace Chip?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. Were the wins just flukes? I kept on waiting for ball movements, hard cuts and crisp passes. All I see are one or two passes, settling for 3’s and pull-ups. I know Clippers and Nuggets are two of the tough teams, but they have to trust the system that won them ballgame. Injuries could’ve played part. It’s like air was deflated and it shows. The absence of Blake/Primo as backup PG’s is affecting the 2nd unit. I think Hall needs to play just so JRich can play offball. But again I agree, if this was an attempt to tank, then it’s the best scenario with our youth making plenty of chance to play while getting the L. Win/Win I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel bad for Keldon and Vass to play well and still get stomped on.

These beat downs are going to take their toll.

Even though moving Jak, JRich and McD is probably still the smart move for the future if could be very demoralizing for the rest of the young guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even though moving Jak, JRich and McD is probably still the smart move for the future if could be very demoralizing for the rest of the young guys.
    There’s no rush to move them with a trade deadline over three months away. Let them eat minutes and get the young guys mentored in the meantime, and wait for the right deal for each. Easier to figure things out for two months than five months of play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, but hopefully some of that sting is mitigated by the growth and confidence they gain in their own abilities. MIP chatter alone should be a motivator.

I think the emotional dip will come when the vets start to check out. That’ll be when it’s time to move them, if even just to shake things up and give the team the energy jolt to end the season on a high note.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but hopefully some of that sting is mitigated by the growth and confidence they gain in their own abilities. MIP chatter alone should be a motivator.

I think the emotional dip will come when the vets start to check out. That’ll be when it’s time to move them, if even just to shake things up and give the team the energy jolt to end the season on a high note.
    Yeah maybe but I don’t think either will even get a sniff for MIP.

DJ did because his whole stat line jumped and was a nightly triple double threat which the media loves. Not to mention Dejounte has swag and was getting recognition from his peers around the league.

Keldon/Vassell could put up better numbers and will probably go un-noticed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah maybe but I don’t think either will even get a sniff for MIP.

DJ did because his whole stat line jumped and was a nightly triple double threat which the media loves. Not to mention Dejounte has swag and was getting recognition from his peers around the league.

Keldon/Vassell could put up better numbers and will probably go un-noticed.
    Depends on PATFO’s intentions this year. I don’t think they are going for the W’s but teaching these guys. So if they don’t make the playoffs, then nope Keldon/Vassel would not get noticed. I can only see both getting better, and hopefully they don’t get beatdown by the L’s. That’s when players start looking elsewhere. But if for any luck (which I’m not really hoping for), Spurs made into the playoffs, being ranked last at the start of the season? It’s very hard not to give MIP, COY awards to Spurs tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s too bad the ball movement and cutting we saw early has disappeared. Maybe we’ve been scouted and teams already have the Spurs figured out.

I’d expect the spurs to play better than these last three games but 25 wins is still going to be the ceiling for this group.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great game for development & exposure ( for tha rooks ). Branham has a nba game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s too bad the ball movement and cutting we saw early has disappeared. Maybe we’ve been scouted and teams already have the Spurs figured out.

I’d expect the spurs to play better than these last three games but 25 wins is still going to be the ceiling for this group.
    I think the team overachieved in those first 5 games, and also think that opponents have learned that we aren't to be taken lightly.

Based on talent...most teams in the NBA should be able to take down the Spurs fairly easily as long as they respect the opponent. If they view us as an easy win and choose to take a night off, we have shown the ability to take advantage of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the lack of experience and winning that would make young players abandon the system, something we didn’t see much during the championship years, no matter who the opponent. These guys need wins to fortify their trust in the system. If they’re going to be losing, you would see what we saw last night. It’s a vicious cycle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    28th in net rating and expected w-l, are we still pretending they're pretty good or relatively close to being so and that they're "sticking it" to the "haters" by being narrowly better than the Rockets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD 21 ting on sniffers this weekend. Preach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It becomes clear that the excitement fueled energy from the start of the season is fading ... the movement on offense is stalling as well as committment on defense. Instead more chucking threes. All in all exactly what to expect of such a young team ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets have a high chance of finishing with the best record in the West. This game doesn't really reflect how good the Spurs are since the Nuggets are elite but with that being said the Spurs are most likely a lottery team. The question is are they a lottery team that will play in the play in and get a low lottery pick around 10-13 or will they get a high pick in the top 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets have a high chance of finishing with the best record in the West. This game doesn't really reflect how good the Spurs are since the Nuggets are elite but with that being said the Spurs are most likely a lottery team. The question is are they a lottery team that will play in the play in and get a low lottery pick around 10-13 or will they get a high pick in the top 5.
    They likely make a push for the play-in because other teams strategically tank with 20 games left and we suddenly win meaningless games and are right back drafting late lottery.

It’s inevitable and a near certainty. Death, taxes and PATFO being stubborn.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The beatings will continue until morale improves.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST posters who prefer that our 1st rounders stay out of the g league and get real NBA minutes will get their wish. hopefully, brenham starts to figure it out at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The early victories were against flawed teams like Minnesota and Philadelphia that are susceptible to cutting and can't guard the three well. The Spurs got wrecked by Toronto, LAC, and Denver, who can be very good.

The team also got tolchocked by a raft of bad news. Primo's stupidity, everyone getting sick and hurt, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These youngsters aren't ready to play back to backs in Denver, despite their energy. In fact, trying to run and move for a whole game up here in the high country is probably a revelation to them.But there are no excuses in professional basketball so suck it up.

Thread Information