Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    9s
    The Boston Celtics are trading C/F Noah Vonleh and cash consideration to the San Antonio Spurs, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The Spurs will waive Gorgui Dieng to create roster space, sources said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is terrible. Maybe another reclamation project

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope this cash consideration guy will be a good fit alongside wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they want this guy?

"This is a true non-guaranteed contract, not an Exhibit 10 (guys headed to the G-League). Vonleh, a 6’10” stretch four/five, played last season in China, and while that is a league not exactly known for impressive defense, Vonleh put up solid numbers, as friend of the site Keith Smith points out."

you don't salary dump a 1 yr contract right? does boston want a roster spot and paid to clear him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    16sSpurs are waiving Vonleh too, sources said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "e veteran big man’s deal will become fully guaranteed if he is not waived before Jan. 7. After getting a few opportunities early in the season, he was passed on the depth chart by Luke Kornet, and now Robert Williams’s return has reduced his value even more. Look for Vonleh to be waived to give the Celtics extra flexibility at the trade deadline and in the ensuing buyout market,” Himmelsbach said."

https://heavy.com/sports/boston-celt...tially-waived/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they want this guy?

"This is a true non-guaranteed contract, not an Exhibit 10 (guys headed to the G-League). Vonleh, a 6’10” stretch four/five, played last season in China, and while that is a league not exactly known for impressive defense, Vonleh put up solid numbers, as friend of the site Keith Smith points out."

you don't salary dump a 1 yr contract right? does boston want a roster spot and paid to clear him?
    boston just shedding luxury tax money. spurs have all the room in the world to eat a cap hit without approaching tax (vonleh will be waived)

if spurs got nothing except cash then its just ownership deciding "look if you arent going to use all this cap space to acquire assets im just going to use it to make some cash"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And hes gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Open roster spot now... could this finally be the full contract for Bassey we've been waiting for?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boston just shedding luxury tax money. spurs have all the room in the world to eat a cap hit without approaching tax (vonleh will be waived)

if spurs got nothing except cash then its just ownership deciding "look if you arent going to use all this cap space to acquire assets im just going to use it to make some cash"
    Could be as simple as making a few bucks but, it could be a prelude to another move with an open roster spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was all to clear a roster spot. More moves incoming?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Open roster spot now... could this finally be the full contract for Bassey we've been waiting for?
    They’d have to guarantee it on Saturday, and that wouldn’t leave us a roster spot to accept trade salary. He’s not going anywhere. He’s signed to the two way for the season. After the trade and cut deadlines, they can always convert him. No reason to do it now, and at least one reason not to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straight cash homey. Gangsta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes me wonder if this downgrades the likelihood to trade Poeltl since Dieng was C depth. Kinda thought Dieng was brought on to upfill in case the team got a solid offer on Poeltl and moved on it, but it feels like the mood shifted to Poeltl and SA seeing a future together and him staying on now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be as simple as making a few bucks but, it could be a prelude to another move with an open roster spot.
    if it was all about the roster spot they could have just waived dieng and not done this trade. this trade used up some of our cap room in exchange for cash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could have just waived Gorgui anytime instead of today. Pretty complicated way to just open a spot. Waive Gorgui, trade for Vonleh, waive Vonleh. Boston may have something up their sleeve

I’d be curious to know what went to Boston, because something has to. Maybe the rights to 40 YO Adam Hanga? Or a second trade of Printeza’s rights which we got back from Toronto last year year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get closer to the cap floor, then can shut things down for the trade deadline. Easy peasy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could have just waived Gorgui anytime instead of today. Pretty complicated way to just open a spot. Waive Gorgui, trade for Vonleh, waive Vonleh. Boston may have something up their sleeve

I’d be curious to know what went to Boston, because something has to. Maybe the rights to 40 YO Adam Hanga? Or a second trade of Printeza’s rights which we got back from Toronto last year year?
    could be something like a future top 59 protected second round pick. or like you said, someone's rights that dont matter. just appears to be a tax cutting move for celtics that also opened up a roster spot, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could be something like a future top 59 protected second round pick. or like you said, someone's rights that dont matter. just appears to be a tax cutting move for celtics that also opened up a roster spot, imo.
    With secondrounders, I think you can only protect to 55. No pick was mentioned, so unless it was a boatload of cash, doubt one went back to Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With secondrounders, I think you can only protect to 55. No pick was mentioned, so unless it was a boatload of cash, doubt one went back to Boston.
    whatever it is. this just feels like that marquese chriss trade again

https://www.spurstalk.com/why-the-sp...or-spurs-fans/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was all to clear a roster spot. More moves incoming?
    Think it was just good housekeeping by BOS to avoid tax implications. And for Spurs it’s one of those “good will” moves that help down the road. Seems like the cash is to cover any cost of waiving Vonleh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever it is. this just feels like that marquese chriss trade again

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=289783
    Absolutely what it was tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think you're right about what's going back it'll be something that amounts to nothing. As for the roster spot and our cap, I don't they're concerned about cap room right now. I didn't mean to imply a major secondary move that would require alot of cap space. I'm thinking something minor and they pulled in a few bucks to boot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is to show Sochan what happens to PFs drafted with the #9 pick who suck. They go play in China then get passed around for cash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    saves boston about 7 mil on their luxury tax bill.

spurs eat like 1.2 mil to waive vonleh, 1.8 to move on from dieng. imagine celtics sent something like 3 mil or w/e

Thread Information