Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Dieng. He can spread the floor, and seems like a high-IQ guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 6'11" C who plays D and shoots the three... it's kind of a no brainer to give him minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather see him out there than Poeltl to be honest. He spreads the floor, gives hard fouls and plays D. None of these padded stats but get dominated in the paint

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously think Dieng is the only older player I'd consider bring back. Weird but true. Not DeMar, Rudy, or Patty.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng is the only big we have that can hurt opposing defenses from 5 ft under and create trouble as an outside threat.

He is a decent enough defensive player too.

I think that Poeltl should play less minutes and Eubanks should play learn some skills to play the 4.

If we can't win by the 3, at least we should be able to bruise other teams and force them to adapt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously think Dieng is the only older player I'd consider bring back. Weird but true. Not DeMar, Rudy, or Patty.
    I'd tend to agree. Rudy would be ok, too, depending on how Pop would use him next year. But yeah, our vets really haven't contributed too much to winning, especially here late, so there's not much reason to resign them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not impressed, i saw him against the Sixers and while he was solid offensively he was terrible defensively and that's the area that i judge a guy first and foremost because offensively some times its just not your night but that doesn't apply on defense. He's very soft, doesn't box out properly. He's one of the guy that were watching Dwight Howard jump four or five times to tip the ball in and he was the tallest one while Luka was at least trying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he signed, hopefully they had an agreement in principal to re-sign him for another 2 years ($10M?) and he's not being dissuaded by being a non rotation player.

He's still the ideal backup five given this roster construction and needs to be playing ahead of Eubanks, whose nice insurance, but brings nothing this team needs.
    Last edited by TD 21; 05-04-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird how pop is trying to have him buy into the spurs culture. Like, he's a buyout player. you mean buy in to a culture? Do you plan on keeping him long term? Play the man. He shoots, defends, doesn't stink up the joint. He provides an actual need but sometimes gets 0 time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to understand the Spurs don't practice cause of the schedule. So Dieng doesn't even understand the defensive schemes yet. I told y'all he was a keeper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is any effort being made to sign Dieng?

Or is the money being used in Pops plan to give the Wombat another 50?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is any effort being made to sign Dieng?

Or is the money being used in Pops plan to give the Wombat another 50?
    Yes. They’re sending an emissary over to negotiate with his family in Senegal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. They’re sending an emissary over to negotiate with his family in Senegal.
    At 12:01 a.m. with 50 million West African CFA francs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not impressed, i saw him against the Sixers and while he was solid offensively he was terrible defensively and that's the area that i judge a guy first and foremost because offensively some times its just not your night but that doesn't apply on defense. He's very soft, doesn't box out properly. He's one of the guy that were watching Dwight Howard jump four or five times to tip the ball in and he was the tallest one while Luka was at least trying.
    Have you watched much of Luke Kornet? I was pleasantly by his defense. I thought both Kornet and Gafford were underused in Chicago, and then both were traded to make room for Vucevic. Billy Donovan's rotations have always seemed strange to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng's passing touch was a nice late season surprise, kind of like Julius Randle's sudden assist rate e last season. I have to think Golden State is keeping an eye on him.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-16-2021 at 10:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WE BACK

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resurrecting like a mf'er

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s baaaaack.

[Woj] The San Antonio Spurs are bringing back center Gorgui Dieng on a 10-day contract, source tells ESPN. Dieng was waived to make room for a trade with the Celtics on Thursday. He's played 13 games for the Spurs this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His 3 point shooting is essentially to the tank. Love this move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess they just want the depth right now? Because if it's just to keep paying him while not jeopardizing the roster spot, they can just let him sit at home until the deadline and then pay him the difference when they re-sign him.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is weird as . “I can’t quit you!” But glad he’s around. Honestly, I think they should play him way more and playing Yak less is better for the tank, and to be honest his three point shooting, in theory, opens up the floor and lets other people practice stuff, develop moves, whatever that is needed in the development of these young rascals. Our defense is horrible with Yak so not sure how much worse it could be, though somehow it probably would be.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 01-09-2023 at 10:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess they just want the depth right now? Because if it's just to keep paying him while not jeopardizing the roster spot, they can just let him sit at home until the deadline and then pay him the difference when they re-sign him.
    Yeah, with Jak out for a bit, some 10 day depth will help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is weird as . “I can’t quit you!” But glad he’s around. Honestly, I think they should play him way more and playing Yak less is better for the tank, and to be honest his three point shooting, in theory, opens up the floor and lets other people practice stuff, develop moves, whatever that is needed in the development of these young rascals. Our defense is horrible with Yak so not sure how much worse it could be, though somehow it probably would be.
    They have that floor spacing with Zach. I was shocked at how washed Gorgui is. He can barely move on defense, and even his shooting, which could be useful if it gets back on track, hadfallen off. Thank god we signed Bassey when we did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s baaaaack.

[Woj] The San Antonio Spurs are bringing back center Gorgui Dieng on a 10-day contract, source tells ESPN. Dieng was waived to make room for a trade with the Celtics on Thursday. He's played 13 games for the Spurs this season.
    LMAO is this his 3rd return with the team? Same as Avery Johnson

Thread Information