My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can this even happen money-wise?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    total Kawhi return is Poetl, Kuzma, KCP and 2 1st round picks.
    i know, but kawhis return value was destroyed by takin toronto trade. no matter how hard spurs would try, they cant compensate this lost value by trading ddr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know, but kawhis return value was destroyed by takin toronto trade. no matter how hard spurs would try, they cant compensate this lost value by trading ddr.
    Wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Logged in to say Lakers and their trade proposal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Lakers! No way Pop trades anyone on that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not about trading with the Lakers, it’s them “doing right” for DDR. He can say I showed up the bubble and mentored the young guys...that is why it might happen. That and Danny Green coming back. He is a Spurs culture guy that pop can scream at during games and practice. Pop has a hard on for Lebron anyway, making the trade can get a couple bonus points with Klutch.
    Last edited by Dverde; 11-14-2020 at 10:57 AM.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in exchange for Kawhi and Danny Green we get:

Poeltl, Kuzma, Keldon, and Danny Green? The ??

Except that it would be a 1-year rental of Kuzma. He wouldn't stay here.

I would say that the Lakers would have to throw in their first, but that would probably have to go to a third team to facilitate the match.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats what im afraid of the most. spurs should take the best deal no matter from which team. they made a huge mistake in 2018 bc pop didnt want to take a better offer from lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we know when DDR must opt in or out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can this even happen money-wise?
    This is the frame work if a trade not the proposal, it would likely need to include KCP and the Spurs would ask for the 28th pick.

I don't see Green or KCP on next seasons team, so maybe a third team could be added to the trade. If Green gets rerouted, the Spurs could get another pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Lakers! No way Pop trades anyone to that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...s-want-wanted/

"I've learned, being in the league so long, you always want to be wanted," DeRozan said during an appearance on
    All The Smoke, a podcast hosted by former NBAers Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson.

"To be wanted by a championship team, to see that, how could you not feel some type of way? Especially me being from L.A., it's like, damn. My hometown team wants me? They just came off a championship, and they want me? It's crazy to be able to see that."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t blame him tbh

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was Originally against the laker trade but now fuk it ... might as well take Danny green and Kuzma .. throw in Lakers 28th pick and I say let’s do it ...better than losing Derozan for nothing ... I’m okay with this being our core group next season ... hopefully we can trade Aldridge for #2 pick and hopefully we can get something for Patty and Rudy Gay...

Lonnie Walker
    Derrick White
    Keldon Johnson
    Dejounte Murray
    Jacob Poetl
    Luka Samanic
    Kyle Kuzma
    Danny Green
    Sign me up. People are extremely overating demar's value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that it would be a 1-year rental of Kuzma. He wouldn't stay here.

I would say that the Lakers would have to throw in their first, but that would probably have to go to a third team to facilitate the match.
    There's no reason to assume 28 would go to a third team. LAL's need to come up with salary to add to Green and Kuzma can't really be solved with a third team, and the Spurs could just cut Green if they were so against having him on the roster rather than giving a team a first to take him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the frame work if a trade not the proposal, it would likely need to include KCP and the Spurs would ask for the 28th pick.

I don't see Green or KCP on next seasons team, so maybe a third team could be added to the trade. If Green gets rerouted, the Spurs could get another pick.
    I get that. But even if you add KCP, the salaries don’t line up (Not to mention, gross, I don’t want KCP).

I suppose the other scenario is a sign-and-trade where DDR signs a multiyear deal starting at a lower figure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats what im afraid of the most. spurs should take the best deal no matter from which team. they made a huge mistake in 2018 bc pop didnt want to take a better offer from lakers.
    Lakers proposal is trash and i don't see them having the assets for a better one, em.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that. But even if you add KCP, the salaries don’t line up (Not to mention, gross, I don’t want KCP).

I suppose the other scenario is a sign-and-trade where DDR signs a multiyear deal starting at a lower figure.
    Bingo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for the rebuild, but Kuzma and Danny Green don't exactly translate to that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for the rebuild, but Kuzma and Danny Green don't exactly translate to that.
    Yeah, not ideal. But DDR can just opt out, so limits leverage. Hope is LAL would also include a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not ideal. But DDR can just opt out, so limits leverage. Hope is LAL would also include a pick.
    I can’t see them rejecting the deal over including a draft pick. Just confused what picks Lakers have left after the Anthony Davis trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this, I never want to see Green in a Spurs Jersey again....

Kuzma isn't as exciting a prospect as he was a year or two ago either.

As much as I'm not a big DeRozan fan, this proposal by the Lakers is pretty insulting tbh
    them

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont just make a trade to make a trade. If he wants to go there so bad then he can sign as a FA. dont do a trade just to say I got something. If it is trash coming back say no and let him sign there. I would rather have less salary (wont really give salary cap space) then to have extra players that we dont want.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    As much as I'm not a big DeRozan fan, this proposal by the Lakers is pretty insulting tbh
    them
    if i were the lakers then it's an offer i would feel comfortable making.

Thread Information