Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I broke this a couple of days ago in the trade deadline thread so I guess my source was right. That or Jabari is stalking Spurstalk and getting his info from here.
    Anybody with any inside insights able to share why Carroll has been glued to the bench?

Bad fit? Bad at ude? Injury? Washed?

It just seems so weird that they would throw a 3-year contract at a guy and then not play him AT ALL.

timvp ?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Portland starting to play decent ball the 8-seed looks like a pipe dream. I hope that's misdirection and the Spurs end up blowing it up (eg goodbye Aldridge + DeRozan + Gay + Bellinelli + Carroll + Forbes) for young talent to build with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would really love to get Myles Turner. Reports say he's on the block. John Collins from Atlanta as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Portland starting to play decent ball the 8-seed looks like a pipe dream. I hope that's misdirection and the Spurs end up blowing it up (eg goodbye Aldridge + DeRozan + Gay + Bellinelli + Carroll + Forbes) for young talent to build with.
    This...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fine with standing pat as long as Pop gives Murray, White & Walker 30mins a night. That one change could easily put us in the playoffs.
    I’m fine with standing pat if they aren’t getting good offers and are being asked to give assets up. If that’s the case, just eat the sh*t sandwich you made and deal with things in the Summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think SA (Pop) really does value playoffs for vanity reasons. But from what I’ve seen they are open to offers. I just don’t think anything was going to happen early because they wanted to see how the PO picture looked and teams were also low balling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum gets it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody with any inside insights able to share why Carroll has been glued to the bench?

It just seems so weird that they would throw a 3-year contract at a guy and then not play him AT ALL.

timvp ?
    He obviously said something to Pop that Pop didn't like. Otherwise there's no way Pop prefers a rookie more than a vet over 32

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect anything good to come from the trade deadline. All I want is (1) Bryn getting benched and relegated to less than 10 min/game and (2) Lonnie getting a ton of playing time, 20 minutes plus.

What I expect is only minor changes and the Spurs continue to sputter the remainder of the schedule, with no better outlook on the future and no higher than a 9th place finish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, they don’t have to do anything at the deadline. They can do things this Summer with the same results. Especially if S&T of DeRozan makes him even more tradeable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's intriguing that some of the local media pundits, are in agreement with this idea. I like RG22 the best out of this bunch, but lately, he's been playing like poop since recovering from his illness. Hopefully he can get back in rhythm, but if he can get it going, either way, Rudy has the most value, rather if it's keeping him or shipping him off. Carroll... we may just get a 2nd round picks for the guy(?). I can definitely see him being shipped off well before Beli or Rudy. But we'll see, because this team wants to make
    the playoffs, but Pop likes established players who know the system & have that Spurs team chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As has been said many times before, the Spurs cannot move until Pop moves on. The guy is 70 and doesn’t want to be there, and is coaching like he doesn’t give a .

Why make any moves at all while he’s still coaching? It’s pointless.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Asking price too high" on Rudy ing Gay. This front office really has completely lost the plot. He turns 34 in August, he's having his worst season since his rookie year, and he's owed $14.5 million next season. It would be a tremendous gift if they even got back a positive asset for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Asking price too high" on Rudy ing Gay. This front office really has completely lost the plot. He turns 34 in August, he's having his worst season since his rookie year, and he's owed $14.5 million next season. It would be a tremendous gift if they even got back a positive asset for him.
    Dude ? I’m not a fan of the front office past couple years, but this is an odd thing. You can always take a bad offer. Why would they not play hardball right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As has been said many times before, the Spurs cannot move until Pop moves on. The guy is 70 and doesn’t want to be there, and is coaching like he doesn’t give a .

Why make any moves at all while he’s still coaching? It’s pointless.
    time to take the keys away from grandpa

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude ? I’m not a fan of the front office past couple years, but this is an odd thing. You can always take a bad offer. Why would they not play hardball right now?
    It's funny to play hardball with an obviously washed up player while you're 4 games under .500. It reminds me of Semi-Pro when Jackie Moon didn't know if he wanted to pull the trigger on the washing machine trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I'm hoping. So many people want to keep the streak alive but trying to do that is hampering our rebuild. I'd rather have 2 years of subpar basketball then getting drastically better than 10 years of "well, we made the 8th seed again! Barely!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention The Spurs won’t even trade with a team in playoff contention in the West. DeMarre Carroll must be asking for a trade. It’s the only way they actually trade you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny to play hardball with an obviously washed up player while you're 4 games under .500. It reminds me of Semi-Pro when Jackie Moon didn't know if he wanted to pull the trigger on the washing machine trade.
    That washing machine was a really hard worker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That washing machine was a really hard worker.
    I'd trade Forbes for that washing machine in an instant tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

timvp ?
    Probably Carroll is Trump supporter, Pro Life and is in favor of Free Speech and Pop is a communist who does not like others to think differently.
    That's what is happening to poor Lonnie who thinks the Earth is an illusion or something weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks are interested in Carroll per twitter

Give us Brook!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade Forbes for that washing machine in an instant tbh
    They can take Forbes and my washing machine if thats what gets the deal done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Bud helping Pop per par. Why don’t all these other ungrateful coaches that Pop helped do the same?????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach bud owes Pop for covering up his D.U.Is tbh

Thread Information