Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Update...these last few weeks were a total . Out of the blue, I started having massive anxiety and insomnia. Barely ate. Couldn't watch any thing on TV because whatever it was would increase the anxiety. Pretty much just put on The Office and King of the Hill as background noise. Did a bunch of crosswords to keep my mind busy. Didn't get on the internet at all really. Literally, everything would send my close to a panic attack. Got a prescription for some meds but barely took them because I got anxious just about taking them.

Thought I was going crazy. Finally feeling more normal. Still have some anxiety from time to time but it's really subdued. Whereas before, it was every waking hour. Also finally getting about 5-6 hours of sleep per night and getting better.

Yesterday, I found out that my co-worker's sister had the exact same symptoms. All the way down to not watching TV.

From what I"m learning, all the above are starting to be recognized as actual COVID symptoms.
    Damn, well glad to hear you are feeling better now

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Update...these last few weeks were a total . Out of the blue, I started having massive anxiety and insomnia. Barely ate. Couldn't watch any thing on TV because whatever it was would increase the anxiety. Pretty much just put on The Office and King of the Hill as background noise. Did a bunch of crosswords to keep my mind busy. Didn't get on the internet at all really. Literally, everything would send my close to a panic attack. Got a prescription for some meds but barely took them because I got anxious just about taking them.

Thought I was going crazy. Finally feeling more normal. Still have some anxiety from time to time but it's really subdued. Whereas before, it was every waking hour. Also finally getting about 5-6 hours of sleep per night and getting better.

Yesterday, I found out that my co-worker's sister had the exact same symptoms. All the way down to not watching TV.

From what I"m learning, all the above are starting to be recognized as actual COVID symptoms.
    Is masturbation still fun though?

Seriously, my sinuses still feel ed up three weeks or so later after catching omicron.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10688640[/URL]]My heart goes out to you SfS. No COVID here, but I fully understand panic attacks. Had them since I was 7 years old, but hid them from my parents my entire childhood because I didn't understand what was happening. I've had long periods of their absence, but they always return. What works for me is walking them off. I recall sneaking down in our basement as a child and walking them off, back and forth across that basement floor till they released. Or, telling mom and dad I was going for a regular walk and then pacing back and forth in front of the house. I've walked all over metro Phoenix with this, and so relieved when it finally burns out.

You are not alone, S.
    Thanks dude. I feel for anyone that has to deal with that long term. I never thought about it much until I dealt with it. But that underlying anxiety just sitting there all day…waiting to come to the surface as a panic attack. Then being anxious about being anxious. Easily the worst 3 weeks of my life from a mental standpoint. But after reading some other accounts on here and hearing about people all of a sudden coming up with diabetes or chronic thyroid issues. I shouldn’t be ing about anything.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10688954[/URL]]Is masturbation still fun though?

Seriously, my sinuses still feel ed up three weeks or so later after catching omicron.
    I literally had no interest in anything. Including that. I seriously would just put on The Office or King of the Hill and do crosswords for hours a day. It was the only thing that kept me focused on something other than the anxiety. I was so anxious that I wouldn’t even take the anti-anxiety drugs they gave me. Finally started doing this on the tail end and in hindsight, should have from the beginning. Although instead of taking one every six hours, I quartered them which made a huge difference. Instead of getting a massive dose of feeling weird, I was able to just take the edge off as needed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I literally had no interest in anything. Including that.
    Weird.. I too had symptoms like that.. Had zero urge to my GF, beat off, anything. Had temporary ED or some . I learned later in the illness how much better I felt after taking a Xanax. And as stated it definitely s with your heart because my resting BPM was about 100 and it's usually 65-70

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Weird.. I too had symptoms like that.. Had zero urge to my GF, beat off, anything. Had temporary ED or some . I learned later in the illness how much better I felt after taking a Xanax. And as stated it definitely s with your heart because my resting BPM was about 100 and it's usually 65-70
    yeah…I wish I would have taken the Xanax from the beginning but that’s how ed I was. I’d convince myself that it would make me feel weirder. Which is nuts because I’ve never turned up my nose at Xanax. I guess the upside is I’ve got almost a full bottle and one more refill.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    SpursforSix , Which covid shot / set of shot(s) did you get? Just curious. My mom and ex girlfriend each had both doses of Pfizer, my mom got covid pretty bad, my ex girlfriend got a sore throat for 2 days and was ok after that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    SpursforSix , Which covid shot / set of shot(s) did you get? Just curious. My mom and ex girlfriend each had both doses of Pfizer, my mom got covid pretty bad, my ex girlfriend got a sore throat for 2 days and was ok after that.
    I didn't get a shot. I've got a f'd up immune system and didn't want to kick it into overdrive (more than it already is). The benefit is that my T-Cell count is always through the roof so I never get sick. With COVID, I lost taste for a couple of days and had a dry cough for about 3. But never felt bad. I got tested later that week and it came back negative. What was weird is that I had heard the swabbing was a little uncomfortable with the swabs but I wasn't bothered at it at all. Then when all the anxiety/insomnia kicked in, I went to the doc and they tested me again and this time, the guy damn near skewered my brain. That test came back positive. So I think on the first test, the guy didn't go far enough up my nose. Anyway, seems like the symptoms are all over the place for different people. Two people I know developed diabetes soon after. Another with thyroid problems. Who knows.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I didn't get a shot. I've got a f'd up immune system and didn't want to kick it into overdrive (more than it already is). The benefit is that my T-Cell count is always through the roof so I never get sick. With COVID, I lost taste for a couple of days and had a dry cough for about 3. But never felt bad. I got tested later that week and it came back negative. What was weird is that I had heard the swabbing was a little uncomfortable with the swabs but I wasn't bothered at it at all. Then when all the anxiety/insomnia kicked in, I went to the doc and they tested me again and this time, the guy damn near skewered my brain. That test came back positive. So I think on the first test, the guy didn't go far enough up my nose. Anyway, seems like the symptoms are all over the place for different people. Two people I know developed diabetes soon after. Another with thyroid problems. Who knows.
    Damn, that sucks. Maybe should have got the J&J shot, but there were some short term heart risks associated with that one, especially for younger males like us, but not the long term side effects and worries associated with the mRNA shots.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn, that sucks. Maybe should have got the J&J shot, but there were some short term heart risks associated with that one, especially for younger males like us, but not the long term side effects and worries associated with the mRNA shots.
    Yeah...IDK. Time will tell. I think a major factor that added to the anxiety was that at the time, I didn't know for sure what was going on. I felt like it was related to having COVID but at the time, I didn't know that other people were having the same symptoms. So I didn't know for sure if it was physiologically related to COVID. Or if was something else. My mom got Alzheimer's at 55 and she had frequent panic attacks. That history definitely played into spinning me out even more. Thinking "Oh ". But as far as I can tell today, everything is fine mentally. Still don't have all my strength back.

The only reason I'm going on about all this is just in case someone here has those symptoms or gets them. And helping them realize they do subside and then go away.

If I had known that at the time, I don't think it would have been as bad. Knowing that 1) I wasn't going crazy and 2) that there's an end to it.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah...IDK. Time will tell. I think a major factor that added to the anxiety was that at the time, I didn't know for sure what was going on. I felt like it was related to having COVID but at the time, I didn't know that other people were having the same symptoms. So I didn't know for sure if it was physiologically related to COVID. Or if was something else. My mom got Alzheimer's at 55 and she had frequent panic attacks. That history definitely played into spinning me out even more. Thinking "Oh ". But as far as I can tell today, everything is fine mentally. Still don't have all my strength back.

The only reason I'm going on about all this is just in case someone here has those symptoms or gets them. And helping them realize they do subside and then go away.

If I had known that at the time, I don't think it would have been as bad. Knowing that 1) I wasn't going crazy and 2) that there's an end to it.
    Alzheimer's at 55? That's both rare and horrible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Alzheimer's at 55? That's both rare and horrible.
    Yeah...it was tough. Here's something even rarer. Her best friend developed Alzheimer's in her mid 40's. My mom would take her to the local support groups and "day care" and help her run errands and everything.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah...it was tough. Here's something even rarer. Her best friend developed Alzheimer's in her mid 40's. My mom would take her to the local support groups and "day care" and help her run errands and everything.
    Wow... bizarre phenomenon. I don't buy that something like Alzheimer's could be contagious as in a traditional contagion sense, but that has to make you wonder. Maybe something like how that one study back in 2012 showed that college roommate girls' menstrual cycles align up more the longer they live together and be close friends? Especially since something like Alzheimer's is a condition of the brain... maybe something about your mother's parasympathetic brain dealing and coping with someone who had that for so long sort of led her to develop the condition herself out of sympathy for her best friend? It's not impossible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wow... bizarre phenomenon. I don't buy that something like Alzheimer's could be contagious as in a traditional contagion sense, but that has to make you wonder. Maybe something like how that one study back in 2012 showed that college roommate girls' menstrual cycles align up more the longer they live together and be close friends? Especially since something like Alzheimer's is a condition of the brain... maybe something about your mother's parasympathetic brain dealing and coping with someone who had that for so long sort of led her to develop the condition herself out of sympathy for her best friend? It's not impossible.
    Yeah...I wasn't trying to make the point that I think it's contagious or that there was a connection. Just a very strange coincidence. Thinking about it now...it probably made it harder for my mom to deal with. Having seen firsthand what she was about to go through.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah...I wasn't trying to make the point that I think it's contagious or that there was a connection. Just a very strange coincidence. Thinking about it now...it probably made it harder for my mom to deal with. Having seen firsthand what she was about to go through.
    I think it's more than just a coincidence or sheer luck. I think there is something there in terms of brain waves, sympathetic and parasympathetic neurotransmitters that modern science doesn't quite understand yet. Why do people catch yawns?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think it's more than just a coincidence or sheer luck. I think there is something there in terms of brain waves, sympathetic and parasympathetic neurotransmitters that modern science doesn't quite understand yet. Why do people catch yawns?
    IDK. Sympathetic Alzheimer's and sympathetic yawns seem to be two different things imo. As to my mom, her younger sister got Alzheimer's at 60. So it seems genetic in her case. Although I suppose by your theory, my aunt might have developed it by taking care of my mom. Which she did quite a bit. Drove her around to appointments, went to see her every day, etc.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    IDK. Sympathetic Alzheimer's and sympathetic yawns seem to be two different things imo. As to my mom, her younger sister got Alzheimer's at 60. So it seems genetic in her case. Although I suppose by your theory, my aunt might have developed it by taking care of my mom. Which she did quite a bit. Drove her around to appointments, went to see her every day, etc.
    It's definitely genetic but it's super rare to get it so young. Usually people get it in their 80s or 90s. People that don't continuously learn new things and stay active and keep their brain active and do new activities are most likely to get Alzheimer's in general. Diet plays a slight role but not a huge one. Main thing is to keep learning new things, don't be too ritualistic and mundane, get out of your comfort zone, explore the world, learn something new every day and you're less likely to develop Alzheimer's.

If you retire, don't stay retired -- keep active and stay motivated, even if it's not the 9-5 day job. Invest and be involved in a company. Start a business, or expand a business if you already have one. At worst, be super active in a charity or cause you're impartial to. Don't just sit around and lounge about in front of the TV and do nothing most days, that's what generally leads to Alzheimer's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's definitely genetic but it's super rare to get it so young. Usually people get it in their 80s or 90s. People that don't continuously learn new things and stay active and keep their brain active and do new activities are most likely to get Alzheimer's in general. Diet plays a slight role but not a huge one. Main thing is to keep learning new things, don't be too ritualistic and mundane, get out of your comfort zone, explore the world, learn something new every day and you're less likely to develop Alzheimer's.

If you retire, don't stay retired -- keep active and stay motivated, even if it's not the 9-5 day job. Invest and be involved in a company. Start a business, or expand a business if you already have one. At worst, be super active in a charity or cause you're impartial to. Don't just sit around and lounge about in front of the TV and do nothing most days, that's what generally leads to Alzheimer's.
    I took a test to see what my chances were of getting Alzheimer's. And I didn't have any mutations that put me in the high risk category. But once I did more research, I learned that early onset is very different from normal Alzheimer's. So I'm very cognizant of what I eat and also trying to exercise my brain. I do the NYT crossword every day. I play video games. I actually just ordered a How to Draw book and some charcoal pencils. Right now, exorcise is the hardest thing for me to accomplish because my arthritis has been off the charts since I had COVID.

It's a weird deal because I get that we all lose some recall when we get older. But for me, every time I forget something, I start to wonder. At some point, I may go get a test but before that point, I'll load up on some term life insurance.

Oh yeah...one thing I was going to mention that my mom probably drank six Diet Cokes per day. There's been a lot of discussion about the link between Aspartame and Alzheimer's. And that the FDA approved it because BigSoda is a huge influencer. I don't know if it's a valid connection but I avoid Aspartame at all costs just to be safe.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I took a test to see what my chances were of getting Alzheimer's. And I didn't have any mutations that put me in the high risk category. But once I did more research, I learned that early onset is very different from normal Alzheimer's. So I'm very cognizant of what I eat and also trying to exercise my brain. I do the NYT crossword every day. I play video games. I actually just ordered a How to Draw book and some charcoal pencils. Right now, exorcise is the hardest thing for me to accomplish because my arthritis has been off the charts since I had COVID.

It's a weird deal because I get that we all lose some recall when we get older. But for me, every time I forget something, I start to wonder. At some point, I may go get a test but before that point, I'll load up on some term life insurance.

Oh yeah...one thing I was going to mention that my mom probably drank six Diet Cokes per day. There's been a lot of discussion about the link between Aspartame and Alzheimer's. And that the FDA approved it because BigSoda is a huge influencer. I don't know if it's a valid connection but I avoid Aspartame at all costs just to be safe.
    well , my mom drinks nothing but diet coke and coffee and has her whole life... fortunately I guess the coffee is good for long term brain activity. Then again, my grandmother drank diet coke her whole life and never got Alzheimer's.... it was the cigarettes that killed her (lung failure). I do think there is a significant correlation and causation there and I detest the taste of aspartame so I would never drink that anyway.

Sugar is the lesser of the two evils and if you exercise regularly (not necessarily going to the gym and lifting, but walking and running around, occasionally playing sports etc) then sugar isn't even a really big problem. I also don't eat candy or store-bought desserts. Homemade desserts are much less unhealthy. I go without dessert most of the time anyway or will often eat fruit for dessert. I prefer savory over sweet stuff. Most of my sugar is consumed through drinking pop (mostly ginger ale), but I do water it down by about 30% because it's too sweet and syrupy for my tastes right out of the bottle/can.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Sudoku and reading help, too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10696307[/URL]]Sudoku and reading help, too.
    I used to a lot of Sudoku but for some reason got away from it. As to reading, I actually picked up Still Life and Billy Summers on my Kindle. Even though I feel fine now, I haven’t been very interested in watching any TV/Movies. Watched a couple of episodes from the Bad Sports series but that’s about it. Looking forward to the Still Life series.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I used to a lot of Sudoku but for some reason got away from it. As to reading, I actually picked up Still Life and Billy Summers on my Kindle. Even though I feel fine now, I haven’t been very interested in watching any TV/Movies. Watched a couple of episodes from the Bad Sports series but that’s about it. Looking forward to the Still Life series.
    It took me until about halfway through to get into Still Life, i'm on book 12 now.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sudoku. It's probably something I'll do once every five years.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Thank God, S. Ya made it!

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Thank God, S. Ya made it!
    Yep.

Thread Information