Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The flipside to all this is who really thinks Irving is going to save the Lakers? I mean, think about it, he’s horribly sabotaged all his most recent teams, Celtics, Nets. All those fans despise him. Its like trading small cell carcinoma for pancreatic cancer. Lakers are ed either way in my opinion.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hopefully.

don't buy him out though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Nets have no obligation to honor Durant's trade request and no requirement to deal Irving. But Brooklyn may have an opportunity with the Lakers and Spurs that may not be available for long. San Antonio will (and should) be greedy for facilitating a deal, provided all three teams can agree.

If not, the Spurs may find other teams looking to take advantage of its cap space, further limiting the Nets' flexibility in dumping Kyrie's salary."

via Pincus

Good news for the Spurs. They've got some leverage.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no thanx. he'd get us a better record than Murray, and we don't want lots of wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would not play a minute in a Spurs jersey.

The Spurs would take a hit on their salary cap for this year and for that service would be compensated with a pick or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Nets have no obligation to honor Durant's trade request and no requirement to deal Irving. But Brooklyn may have an opportunity with the Lakers and Spurs that may not be available for long. San Antonio will (and should) be greedy for facilitating a deal, provided all three teams can agree.

If not, the Spurs may find other teams looking to take advantage of its cap space, further limiting the Nets' flexibility in dumping Kyrie's salary."

via Pincus

Good news for the Spurs. They've got some leverage.
    There is only Indiana and even they might lock up their salary to Ayton (if only for a week or so).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is only Indiana and even they might lock up their salary to Ayton (if only for a week or so).
    Minkus is a dumb but good he actually acknowledged we hold the bargaining power. Our price to facilitate. Not theirs.

Our cap space becomes even more desirable to the rest of the league as free agency progresses. If Jak and J Rich are involved some combo of 2-3 lightly/unprotected FRPs AND future pick swaps or other assets.

If they want to take on McBooger we loosen our ask.

If not we look elsewhere.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NETS: McDermott, Talen Horton Tucker, LAL pick swap
    LAL: Irving & Langford
    SAS: Westbrook (buyout) & two unprotected picks that we can pray turn into a player in our next big three
    Crap crap and a pick swap for Durant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crap crap and a pick swap for Durant?
    That would be for Irving but Nets would still be stupid to do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only trade the Lakers could pull off would be Duant and Irving for Westbrook, 2 first round picks and Davis. It is going to take Davis to play at this level.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be for Irving but Nets would still be stupid to do it
    Ugh I need to wake up before posting lol. Still yeah, crap crap and a pick swap for Irving is pretty awful too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh I need to wake up before posting lol. Still yeah, crap crap and a pick swap for Irving is pretty awful too.
    lol I've been there

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why the would we help out the Lakers?

Spurs Rebuilding

With the Spurs trading Derrick White to the Boston Celtics before the February trade deadline and now Dejounte Murray to the Atlanta Hawks, the franchise is believed to be fully committed to rebuilding.

Teams consider veterans like Jakob Poeltl, McDermott and Richardson to be available. Westbrook wouldn't appeal to the Spurs and would presumably take a buyout, presumably for at least the minimum he could get with another franchise (nearly $3 million). With McDermott out and a Westbrook buyout, the Spurs would only add an approximate net of $16.7 million—essentially to buy a future first from the Lakers.

That could expand to include both Richardson and McDermott to Los Angeles, provided L.A. included either Kendrick Nunn or Talen Horton Tucker. The Lakers would have more interest in Richardson than McDermott.
    San Antonio will (and should) be greedy for facilitating a deal, provided all three teams can agree.

If not, the Spurs may find other teams looking to take advantage of its cap space, further limiting the Nets' flexibility in dumping Kyrie's salary.
    There's more in the linked article. Spurs should let bygones be bygones and H.A.B.U. (Hook A Brotha Up) with helping my Lakers

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The Nets won't have to worry about trading Seth Curry or Joe Harris away to the Lakers in a deal to match Westbrook's salary. The Spurs will have to send the Lakers either Josh Richardson or Doug McDermott, with McDermott still having 2-years on his contract. The Spurs are better off taking Russ' expiring contract or talking about a buyout with him if a trade is made.
    Spurs can get off Jakob Poeltl and Richardson, then buyout Westbrick. This helps your tanking efforts as well. Win win. Do it RC!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Man, if the Spurs help the Lakers with this starting lineup:

Kyrie
    Richardson
    Bron
    AD
    Bryant

I'd be an honorary Spurs fan for approximately 2 calendar days. It's the least I could do to show my appreciation for the Silver and Black

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, if the Spurs help the Lakers with this starting lineup:
    I'd be an honorary Spurs fan for approximately 2 calendar days. It's the least I could do to show my appreciation for the Silver and Black

You know deep down inside your Laker heart that the Spurs are you 2nd favorite team…. Comonnn admit it already!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You know deep down inside your Laker heart that the Spurs are you 2nd favorite team…. Comonnn admit it already!!
    I actually like the Spurs but you guys called me a got within my 5th ever post downstairs. I love it here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see the Spurs buying FRPs at $25 million a pop.
    Its not 25 million apiece. Its whatever the amount of the contract ends up being over the salary floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think y'all understand how desprate the Nets are to just get rid of Irving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs can get off Jakob Poeltl and Richardson, then buyout Westbrick. This helps your tanking efforts as well. Win win. Do it RC!
    Ok but Spurs arne't trying to get off either of those two. They both have positive value on their deals so we can just deal them for assets to other teams. McDermott on the other hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think y'all understand how desprate the Nets are to just get rid of Irving.
    They're not desperate. They can let him sit, like he did last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They ARE desperate. Letting him sit means he walks for nothing. Teams aren't in the habit of letting assets walk when they can get something and the Lakers are the only team stupid enough to want this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They ARE desperate. Letting him sit means he walks for nothing. Teams aren't in the habit of letting assets walk when they can get something and the Lakers are the only team stupid enough to want this guy.
    They're not going to do something stupid to help the Lakers. They can just wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a roll of the dice, for sure. They could sit on him all summer or even up to the trade deadline, and see if some new team comes into the mix who is desperate for his services.

They also could wait too long and the market will completely dry up.

That said, when your only option is absorbing a worse contract in Westbrook and taking pennies on the dollar from the Lakers just because they are the only team interested...I wouldn't be in any rush.

Hard to say if those Lakers FRPs will be worth much anyways...those mother ers always seem to luck into crazy ways to stay compe ive (provided their FO doesn't massively screw it up like last season)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They're not desperate. They can let him sit, like he did last year.
    Think so? He had to sit games in New York state because of the New York vax mandate, not because the Nets wanted him to. But notice, despite him being a bona-fide max player, the Nets don't want to fully pay him as one. That's not desperate, that's good business.

Kyrie doesn't really have a market outside of LA. That plays to the Lakers favor. Even if they hold onto him until the trade deadline, who's gonna trade assets to the Nets for even a 0.5 year rental? It's the AD situation 2.0 all over again.

The next CBA discussions will be brutal to stop players like AD and Kyrie from forcing their way to my Lakers. SMH

Thread Information