Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    2m
    After 14 years, Lakers star Russell Westbrook and his agent Thad Foucher of Wasserman have parted ways, Foucher tells ESPN:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook just fired the agent he'd had his entire career because he wanted him to stay in LA...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. No signings at all.

Players go out, picks come back.

Players come in, accompanied by picks as cap rental.

Nothing else.
    I'm with this 100%!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook just fired the agent he'd had his entire career because he wanted him to stay in LA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...le-differences

In a statement, Foucher said: "I represented Russell Westbrook for 14 years and am proud of our partnership which included a highly successful 2008 draft, a super-max contract and the only renegotiation-and-extend max contract in history.

I also supported Russell throughout his rise into a prominent fashion industry figure and recently orchestrated three successive trades on Russell's behalf -- culminating with the trade to his hometown Los Angeles Lakers.

Each time, teams gave up valuable players and assets to acquire Russell -- and each time, a new organization embraced his arrival. We did it together with grace and class.

Now, with a possibility of a fourth trade in four years, the marketplace is telling the Lakers they must add additional value with Russell in any trade scenario. And even then, such a trade may require Russell to immediately move on from the new team via buyout.

My belief is that this type of transaction only serves to diminish Russell's value and his best option is to stay with the Lakers, embrace the starting role and support that Darvin Ham publicly offered. Russell is a first-ballot Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame player and will prove that again before he is retired.

Unfortunately, irreconcilable differences exist as to his best pathway forward and we are no longer working together. I wish Russell and his family the very best."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In a statement, Foucher said: "I represented Russell Westbrook for 14 years and am proud of our partnership which included a highly successful 2008 draft, a super-max contract and the only renegotiation-and-extend max contract in history.

I also supported Russell throughout his rise into a prominent fashion industry figure and recently orchestrated three successive trades on Russell's behalf -- culminating with the trade to his hometown Los Angeles Lakers.

Each time, teams gave up valuable players and assets to acquire Russell -- and each time, a new organization embraced his arrival. We did it together with grace and class.

Now, with a possibility of a fourth trade in four years, the marketplace is telling the Lakers they must add additional value with Russell in any trade scenario. And even then, such a trade may require Russell to immediately move on from the new team via buyout.

My belief is that this type of transaction only serves to diminish Russell's value and his best option is to stay with the Lakers, embrace the starting role and support that Darvin Ham publicly offered. Russell is a first-ballot Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame player and will prove that again before he is retired.

Unfortunately, irreconcilable differences exist as to his best pathway forward and we are no longer working together. I wish Russell and his family the very best."

Haha preach. Shoulda kept that to himself though.

Our team is going to be terrible for an eternity; I’d rather watch this show flame out than only get 1FRP for the liberty of buying out Russ to join a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of salt from that agent, he should have kept his mouth shut, but it sure seems a deal is getting closer and closer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn if Pop would help long term rival Lakers much less in the tune of 47 mil Westbrook. Yikes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn if Pop would help long term rival Lakers much less in the tune of 47 mil Westbrook. Yikes
    I don’t believe OKC has ever gotten an unprotected FRP for cap room. This is a strong arm by PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People really need to stop calling a potential LA trade helping the Lakers. Getting an unprotected pick helps us immensely. Who cares if they get out of Westbrook a season earlier for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t believe OKC has ever gotten an unprotected FRP for cap room. This is a strong arm by PATFO.
    They haven't.

The closest thing I can remember is Clippers salary dumping Baron Davis to Cleveland with an unprotected pick. This pick became the number 1 pick of the 2011 draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on how you define it. If it has to be straight-up unprotected, that's rare. If it just has to guaranteed to convey (meaning it starts off protected and eventually becomes unprotected), the Warriors pick Memphis holds would qualify. They got it for taking Iggy five years ago. It's lightly protected next year but completely unprotected in 2026.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say if Spurs take Westbrook in a trade and release, that’s some expensive first round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say if Spurs take Westbrook in a trade and release, that’s some expensive first round picks.
    Dumping $47M in salary means nothing. It’s not like we can turn around and trade him. No one wants him without compensation, and he’d be a terrible fit. The unprotected FRP and an empty roster spot are more important to development. Besides, we need to load up on some salary to hit minimum payroll anyway. He doesn’t come off this years cap when cut, so, mission accomplished, without carrying a couple of old vets via salary dump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumping $47M in salary means nothing. It’s not like we can turn around and trade him. No one wants him without compensation, and he’d be a terrible fit. The unprotected FRP and an empty roster spot are more important to development. Besides, we need to load up on some salary to hit minimum payroll anyway. He doesn’t come off this years cap when cut, so, mission accomplished, without carrying a couple of old vets via salary dump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really since you have to pay out at least 90% of your cap space and the Spurs are under that by quite a lot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the going rate of a protected FRP these days? Thought it was around $20M no?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Truth nukes.

Agent is right to protect his own reputation in my opinion. These players get away with murder and it’s always everyone else’s fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the going rate of a protected FRP these days? Thought it was around $20M no?
    They’re holding out for unprotected,which is why it hasn’t gone down yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re holding out for unprotected,which is why it hasn’t gone down yet.
    I get that. I’d obviously like more for eating that large amount, but if it’s unprotected plus someone eats Doug that’s makes sense to me. Based on a quick look Spurs would have to send something out to make it work, that or we’re taking Harris off the Nets instead of Brick in such a deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that. I’d obviously like more for eating that large amount, but if it’s unprotected plus someone eats Doug that’s makes sense to me. Based on a quick look Spurs would have to send something out to make it work, that or we’re taking Harris off the Nets instead of Brick in such a deal.
    I believe I'd still try to find a deal with Charlotte. Maybe a 3 way with LA.

LA- Hayward
    Charlotte- McDermott
    Spurs- WB, protections removed from Cha pick, top 3 protected future LA pick.

As good as the 23 draft is at the top I'd try everything I could to get a 2nd top 10 pick in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can’t eat Russ’s entire contract. It’s $47M, and we have like $36M in room, so either Doug or JRich have to go outward. I’m in favor of Doug going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As good as the 23 draft is at the top I'd try everything I could to get a 2nd top 10 pick in this draft.
    Agree. The draft class looks very deep. Not so top heavy, but with a lot of good-to-great options up to pick ~15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Chinook would normally be right in this thread, but if I'm the Spurs I'm willing to concede some value to get those Laker's picks as unprotected. I really think those picks are high probability lottery picks and think that protections on them really erode their value.

Thread Information