Page 94 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, at this point he will have to beat the charges. Felonies, almost by definition, are crimes that carry punishments of more than one year.
    I disagree. Any good attorney will plea him out and get a deal.

The kids were witnesses. There's no beating those charges. Any attorney would be a fool to take this trial and have those little kids hit the stand. That's guaranteed to get him years in the pen .

He has no priors. It's a presumptive probation case unless judge hits him with aggravating circle stances on a plea deal.

The system is designed to reward pleas. He pleads this out and any punishment he gets will be peanuts. He takes it to trial and the judge will hammer his ass. Judges dont like their time to be waisted and resources blown. They force a trial and judge will throw the book at him for sure.

So if I'm miles I make a settlement offer of the divorce to good to be true and get a deal in hand with probation and community service and anger management with a suspended sentence. When it comes time for sentencing she will be in court blessing a suspended sentence if he stays out of trouble, completes anger managem ent and community service.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. Any good attorney will plea him out and get a deal.

The kids were witnesses. There's no beating those charges. Any attorney would be a fool to take this trial and have those little kids hit the stand. That's guaranteed to get him years in the pen .

He has no priors. It's a presumptive probation case unless judge hits him with aggravating circle stances on a plea deal.

The system is designed to reward pleas. He pleads this out and any punishment he gets will be peanuts. He takes it to trial and the judge will hammer his ass. Judges dont like their time to be waisted and resources blown. They force a trial and judge will throw the book at him for sure.

So if I'm miles I make a settlement offer of the divorce to good to be true and get a deal in hand with probation and community service and anger management with a suspended sentence. When it comes time for sentencing she will be in court blessing a suspended sentence if he stays out of trouble, completes anger managem ent and community service.
    I'll give a case of my own as a prime example. Had a client charged with attempted murder and 4 class b robbery 1sts. I got a deal worked out where he served 22 years. He had 7 prior felonies.

Under the guidelines he was a habitual offender and could have received a life sentence or life without parole. So he would have served maybe 8 years under the deal I worked out and be released on probation.

This idiot backs out of the deal before sentencing and requests a new attorney and accuses me of working with the da's office and said he was innocent. Tried to explain if you go to trial and are found guilty on just one of them you are going to get life at a minimum or worst yet life without parole.

Well, he got his wish. He had a trial with a new attorney and judge gave him life without the possibility of parole.

A really bad dude who had 12 felony convictions before he turned 30. And I had a deal in hand that he would serve about 7.
    years.

Perfect example to illustrate being punished for not pleadung out and insisting on a trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn

ESPN Sources: The NBA has fined Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob $500,000 for his recent comments on the Point Forward Podcast discussing the league’s collective bargaining talks, which included Lacob describing the league’s luxury tax system as “very unfair.”

7:26pm · 20 Jul 2022 · Twitter Web App

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    27mThe NBA forbids owners and team officials from "unauthorized communications regarding collective bargaining."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Givony@DraftExpress

Andrew Nembhard, the No. 31 pick in the 2022 NBA draft, has agreed to a 4 year, 8.6 million dollar deal with the Indiana Pacers, his agents Jaafar Choufani and Todd Ramasar told ESPN. The deal guarantees 6.4 million in the first 3 years, the most ever for a collegiate 2nd rounder

7:20pm · 20 Jul 2022 · Twitter for Android

Bobby Marks
    BobbyMarks42
    32m
    The contract also has more guaranteed money than picks 18-30 in the first rd and allows Nembhard to hit FA possibly in 1 less year.One of the best second rd. contracts that I’ve seen.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ESPN Sources: The NBA has fined Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob $500,000 for his recent comments on the Point Forward Podcast discussing the league’s collective bargaining talks, which included Lacob describing the league’s luxury tax system as “very unfair.”

27mThe NBA forbids owners and team officials from "unauthorized communications regarding collective bargaining."
    that's priceless. Well, a price of $500,000.

Lacob whining about the luxury tax after paying a ton in luxury tax and signing players to contracts that will cost him several hundred million more and still having incredible team success over the last 8 years smacks of total dumbassery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give a case of my own as a prime example. Had a client charged with attempted murder and 4 class b robbery 1sts. I got a deal worked out where he served 22 years. He had 7 prior felonies.

Under the guidelines he was a habitual offender and could have received a life sentence or life without parole. So he would have served maybe 8 years under the deal I worked out and be released on probation.

This idiot backs out of the deal before sentencing and requests a new attorney and accuses me of working with the da's office and said he was innocent. Tried to explain if you go to trial and are found guilty on just one of them you are going to get life at a minimum or worst yet life without parole.

Well, he got his wish. He had a trial with a new attorney and judge gave him life without the possibility of parole.

A really bad dude who had 12 felony convictions before he turned 30. And I had a deal in hand that he would serve about 7.
    years.

Perfect example to illustrate being punished for not pleadung out and insisting on a trial.
    Your work has to be...
    Every vulgar word you can think of.
    And yet it has to be done.

My hat tips to you.
    No wonder you and I are pot smokers in partnership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your work has to be...
    Every vulgar word you can think of.
    And yet it has to be done.

My hat tips to you.
    No wonder you and I are pot smokers in partnership.
    I don't like practicing criminal law at all. Hate it.

I didn't lose sleep over him getting life. Honestly, he deserved it. One of the armed burglary first cases was his first cousin. He pistol whipped his on first cousin on his aunt's porch and robbed him. Lol. Wtf. I really bad dude who should be behind bars for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that whole organization reeks of self-en lement

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Harden will make $33M for the 2022-2023 season, and has the player option for $35.6M in 2023-2024, sources tell ESPN. He can move right back into free agency next summer and negotiate another new deal.

Free agent James Harden has agreed on a two-year, $68.6M deal, including a player option, to return to the 76ers, sources tell ESPN.

6:04pm · 20 Jul 2022 · Twitter for iPhone
    Why did Harden opt out only to resign for a lesser amount?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like practicing criminal law at all. Hate it.

I didn't lose sleep over him getting life. Honestly, he deserved it. One of the armed burglary first cases was his first cousin. He pistol whipped his on first cousin on his aunt's porch and robbed him. Lol. Wtf. I really bad dude who should be behind bars for life.
    I completely understand.
    I'mma take a shot and a toke in your name tonight.
    You've always been one of the good ones.
    I don't envy your work, but we all have to make a paycheck.

Mucho respecto mi amigo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading the details and learning that he strangled her so bad her tore neck muscles I would like to drop Al back my predictions. The felony dv strangulation cases are prosecuted very aggressively.

In Alabama a felony strangulation is a class b felony and judges usually give some l vel of jail time on v n fo first time offenders.

He might serve up to two years behind bars even on a plea. That's a tough case to get worked out during an election year.

It will be interesting to see the public pressure dynamic v. Victims wishes. The public wants to castrate him. She might get ask for leniency when it's said and done.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did Harden opt out only to resign for a lesser amount?
    Opened up the non tax MLE and BAE. Hardcapped from using the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely understand.
    I'mma take a shot and a toke in your name tonight.
    You've always been one of the good ones.
    I don't envy your work, but we all have to make a paycheck.

Mucho respecto mi amigo.
    Thank you, kind sir.

I try to keep folks out of jail. My younger bro the judge tries to put them in jail. It's a yin and yang/full circle thing happening. ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading the details and learning that he strangled her so bad her tore neck muscles I would like to drop Al back my predictions. The felony dv strangulation cases are prosecuted very aggressively.

In Alabama a felony strangulation is a class b felony and judges usually give some l vel of jail time on v n fo first time offenders.

He might serve up to two years behind bars even on a plea. That's a tough case to get worked out during an election year.

It will be interesting to see the public pressure dynamic v. Victims wishes. The public wants to castrate him. She might get ask for leniency when it's said and done.
    She brought the pics in and basically prosecuted with evidence and an epitaph.
    I don't think she's going to ask for anything unless she gets leaned on.

Which will probably happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you, kind sir.

I try to keep folks out of jail. My younger bro the judge tries to put them in jail. It's a yin and yang/full circle thing happening. ��
    Wild dynamic.
    I bet Thanksgiving is just a peach of a time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She brought the pics in and basically prosecuted with evidence and an epitaph.
    I don't think she's going to ask for anything unless she gets leaned on.

Which will probably happen.
    If he's smart he offers her like 30 plus million in divorce settlement and gets her pushing for leniency.

If he goes into prison his career is over. If the nba doesn't lifetime ban him then he will either get blackballed on the back end or miss his window if he does serious time.

His attorneys job is that make him see the big picture. She's got some serious leverage for sure. Her divorce attorney must be salivating right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's smart he offers her like 30 plus million in divorce settlement and gets her pushing for leniency.

If he goes into prison his career is over. If the nba doesn't lifetime ban him then he will either get blackballed on the back end or miss his window if he does serious time.

His attorneys job is that make him see the big picture. She's got some serious leverage for sure. Her divorce attorney must be salivating right now.
    He is so screwed.
    Good.
    Don't ing hit your women.
    Don't ing hurt your children.

all the peeps trying to protect and coerce your career.
    Don't ing do it.
    You're going down.
    And you need to go down.

Sorry bro.
    I know your job is to minimize their damage, but hot damn.
    Hitting your girl and your children... NO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If I were her I’d get that settlement and millions more for my kids. Getting him to jail will end his career. I think they will settle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is California. The state’s legal system is so screwed up he won’t sniff a jail cell. The LA district attorney is being sued by his staff to force the DA to allow for prosecution of repeat offenders. And the frigging DA hired a $2,600/hour attorney to defend him at the taxpayer’s expense. It’s a great state to be a criminal. But not a law abiding citizen. That’s why people are leaving as fast as they can find U-Hauls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is so screwed.
    Good.
    Don't ing hit your women.
    Don't ing hurt your children.

all the peeps trying to protect and coerce your career.
    Don't ing do it.
    You're going down.
    And you need to go down.

Sorry bro.
    I know your job is to minimize their damage, but hot damn.
    Hitting your girl and your children... NO.
    Does he deserve a max sentence if the facts I just read are proven true? Yes.

That's why I hate criminal law. Sometimes i win but society loses as a whole. But justice usually prevails. 80 to 90 percent of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were her I’d get that settlement and millions more for my kids. Getting him to jail will end his career. I think they will settle.
    That's her attorneys job. Make her see the big picture.

Be set up for life. Or take it to trial to where he blows his nest egg on attorneys fees and she gets half of jack in the divorce and he has no income stream moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he deserve a max sentence if the facts I just read are proven true? Yes.

That's why I hate criminal law. Sometimes i win but society loses as a whole. But justice usually prevails. 80 to 90 percent of the time.
    Fist to chest brother.
    I don't envy you.
    I'm just a teller of tales.
    That's much easier in every way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is California. The state’s legal system is so screwed up he won’t sniff a jail cell. The LA district attorney is being sued by his staff to force the DA to allow for prosecution of repeat offenders. And the frigging DA hired a $2,600/hour attorney to defend him at the taxpayer’s expense. It’s a great state to be a criminal. But not a law abiding citizen. That’s why people are leaving as fast as they can find U-Hauls.
    The public outcry factor and the strangulation make it a little different.

I can't emphasize enough how aggressive prosecutors are about those set of facts. It's considered aggravated cir stances statutorily speaking because in most states it takes it up a level.

I could punch my lady for n her face and knock out 6 teeth and it would be a class c felony worst case. I could put my arms around her neck for 10 seconds and do it lightly and really just to scare her and its a class b felony.

I tried a felony strangulation once but was scared to put it to a jury. The alleged victim was crazy af and she was lying but she was smart and I was scared a jury would buy her bs. So we waived the jury and requested a bench trial. Judge was super religious.

So in a nuts she was cheating on her husband. He has caught her already. Suspected it was still going on. He tried to grab her phone and she goes crazy and attacks him and he defends himself. She then runs to apt across from her (a cop) and tells him he choked her.

We got phone records and discovered all the affair stuff. Figured out her side piece got her pregnant and then drove her to get an abortion shortly before the incident. We had her lying about in a separate pfa abuse hearing tied to the divorce.

And then skewered her ass with it in the criminal trial. Judge found him not guilty and based his decision on the fact that the victims credibility was so bad he couldn't believe a word she said .

Tough case that came down to one story v another. Luckily we proved her to be a liar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The public outcry factor and the strangulation make it a little different.

I can't emphasize enough how aggressive prosecutors are about those set of facts. It's considered aggravated cir stances statutorily speaking because in most states it takes it up a level.

I could punch my lady for n her face and knock out 6 teeth and it would be a class c felony worst case. I could put my arms around her neck for 10 seconds and do it lightly and really just to scare her and its a class b felony.

I tried a felony strangulation once but was scared to put it to a jury. The alleged victim was crazy af and she was lying but she was smart and I was scared a jury would buy her bs. So we waived the jury and requested a bench trial. Judge was super religious.

So in a nuts she was cheating on her husband. He has caught her already. Suspected it was still going on. He tried to grab her phone and she goes crazy and attacks him and he defends himself. She then runs to apt across from her (a cop) and tells him he choked her.

We got phone records and discovered all the affair stuff. Figured out her side piece got her pregnant and then drove her to get an abortion shortly before the incident. We had her lying about in a separate pfa abuse hearing tied to the divorce.

And then skewered her ass with it in the criminal trial. Judge found him not guilty and based his decision on the fact that the victims credibility was so bad he couldn't believe a word she said .

Tough case that came down to one story v another. Luckily we proved her to be a liar.
    I forgot to add that she made him snip it after one kid so there's no way our client got her pregnant. Judge let us subpoena the abortion records and they showed her side piece signing paperwork. It was over then. He chalked her up as a lying and I was excited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to add that she made him snip it after one kid so there's no way our client got her pregnant. Judge let us subpoena the abortion records and they showed her side piece signing paperwork. It was over then. He chalked her up as a lying and I was excited.
    Hot damn.
    Crazy .

Thread Information