Page 106 of 134 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3333
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this notion halliburtion said no to sa seems silly. Sounds like spur fan making excuses for not drafting him
    He said no to CLE ( agent told them not to draft him and did not give them his medicals ) with 2 young guards in the roster, it is not that silly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Nvm he is fine being drafted by SA

Let’s go backwards a bit. I’ve been really fascinated by all the different machinations that led to you landing in Sacramento. You’re one of the bigger draft surprises in the past few years in terms of being a guy who was widely seen as a top five talent, and then next thing you know the Kings are ecstatic to be getting you at No. 12. On that day, where did you think you might land on the high end? Where were the surprises, if any, for you? What’s the real story on your side about how you got to Sac?

You know, I think there were a lot of emotions going into the day. A lot of ideas. A lot of questions. On draft day, specifically, I thought I could go as high as (No.) 2 to Golden State. The realistic spots I was thinking were Golden State at 2, Chicago at 4, maybe Atlanta at 6, Detroit at 7, San Antonio at 11 and Sacramento at 12. This, of course, was without any trades happening. But I knew the floor was Sacramento. That was the discussion I had with my agent (Aaron Mintz of CAA). He was like, ‘Sacramento is going to pick you at 12 if you’re there.’ So that day — and I’m going to be honest with you — I keep my expectations low in basically everything I do so I don’t end up ever disappointing myself. I was like, ‘Alright I’m probably going to wind up going 12. I doubt they’re going to pick me at 2. I doubt I’m going to get picked at 4 — whatever, whatever.’ So that night comes around, and the picks keep happening. And I wasn’t surprised by any. To be honest, for a second I thought I was going to Washington (at No. 9). They were like, ‘Alright, you’re going to go to Washington.’ And I was like, ‘Oh, ok. I haven’t even met with them, but that works.’

From what I heard, they (the Wizards) thought Deni (Avdija, who they ultimately picked) was going to the Knicks (at No. 8), but when they went with Obi (Toppin) that meant it would be Deni because he was higher on their board than you. But it sounds like you might have been next on their board.

Yeah, so I thought for a second I was going to go nine. Then shortly thereafter I thought that they were like, ‘Nah, you’re not going nine.’ Now I’m like, ‘Alright, I’m either going 11 or 12.’ But me and Dev (Devin Vassell, who the Spurs picked at No. 11) have a good relationship, and I knew that San Antonio was really high on Dev. So I didn’t foresee them drafting another guard, so I was like, ‘They’re probably just going to pick Dev,’ and then Sac is going to pick me at 12. I had heard some trade rumors about Sac’s pick at 12, so now I’m like, ‘Well, is Sac going to pick me at 12, or are they going to trade it? What are they going to do?’ But I had one conversation with Sacramento leading up to the draft, and that was a couple days before the draft. And they were like, ‘Man, we absolutely love you.’ So I was like, ‘I’d really be surprised if Sacramento traded out this pick.’ …Then I got scooped up at 12, so it kind of worked itself out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think Vassell has plenty of potential as a volume scorer. He was one being held back quite a bit by opportunity. I do believe him and Murray's leadership kind of didn't flow together particularly optimal.

I think Vassell will have plenty to show with more experience with the ball in his hand and noone to keep it from him when he gets hot. The kid always had the team slow him down when he would get hot in a game. That's on the PG as much as anyone not recognizing this.

Sean Elliot pointed it out on multiple broadcasts. He would get going and the team wouldn't bring the ball back to him. The Paul George comparisons are valid. Vassell attacks like George and has a jumpshot that's very difficult to alter. I think Vassell has the ability to develop into more of a Curry, Allen, Durant type shooter. Not hall of fame here, clearly, but the mindset of off the ball offense and the drives they create with defenders closing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think Vassell has plenty of potential as a volume scorer. He was one being held back quite a bit by opportunity. I do believe him and Murray's leadership kind of didn't flow together particularly optimal.

I think Vassell will have plenty to show with more experience with the ball in his hand and noone to keep it from him when he gets hot. The kid always had the team slow him down when he would get hot in a game. That's on the PG as much as anyone not recognizing this.

Sean Elliot pointed it out on multiple broadcasts. He would get going and the team wouldn't bring the ball back to him. The Paul George comparisons are valid. Vassell attacks like George and has a jumpshot that's very difficult to alter. I think Vassell has the ability to develop into more of a Curry, Allen, Durant type shooter. Not hall of fame here, clearly, but the mindset of off the ball offense and the drives they create with defenders closing.
    We lost one of the Dallas games by 1 point, because he was red hot, but DJ never went back to him on his next rotation. Froze him out.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose I’m ok with DJ calling his number last year if that allowed his trade value to get inflated. Next year is when I hope we get to see Keldon and Vassel take more of a role. For various reasons I hope Jones gets a chance to see court time and make the opportunities more balanced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it's always interesting to listen to sean on a broadcast because you can feel his angst while he's commenting on the game. but since he has to reign in his emotions somewhat, you can only get a fraction of what he wants to say. it's like you can hear him thinking "get the ing ball to devin you dip s!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's always interesting to listen to sean on a broadcast because you can feel his angst while he's commenting on the game. but since he has to reign in his emotions somewhat, you can only get a fraction of what he wants to say. it's like you can hear him thinking "get the ing ball to devin you dip s!"
    poetically said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weiskamp got married this past weekend. His chick is nice. Interesting how that 1.5mm hasn’t been signed. Can’t see him getting more elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost one of the Dallas games by 1 point, because he was red hot, but DJ never went back to him on his next rotation. Froze him out.
    Yea I saw DJ do that a few times last year. They stood out. I started learning towards him being traded at that point. Felt as much as he improved, he was holding teammates back. He's a great player, think his situation in Atlanta is much better where he can comfortably be a second or third option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's obvious spurs loved devin. His shooting & defensive potential was too much to pass up

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Vassell isn't explosive to the rim enough or shoots lights out to be a high volume scorer. What you see now is what you'll be getting from him moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell isn't explosive to the rim enough or shoots lights out to be a high volume scorer. What you see now is what you'll be getting from him moving forward.
    I’ll bet you thought that about Keldon last summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have this vision of you getting on the city bus mumbling, "This bus, it's not explosive enough. That bus driver, not explosive enough. Can't get to the rim." You sit down in the back seats next to a puddle of vomit. "That old lady isn't explosive enough to get to the rim. She's what you see now."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have this vision of you getting on the city bus mumbling, "This bus, it's not explosive enough. That bus driver, not explosive enough. Can't get to the rim." You sit down in the back seats next to a puddle of vomit. "That old lady isn't explosive enough to get to the rim. She's what you see now."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I more got the feeling that Vassell was a safe pick in what was seen as a bad draft. Spurs knew Vassell was going to be a serviceable player with a low downside. Next year was the opposite and made a huge swing taking Primo hoping they can make him great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Devin did shoot over 40% 3P the last 20 games. I'm excited to see him get a primary role on the offense. See what he can do with primary defenders hounding him. This team will be fun to watch even with the tank mode going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Devin did shoot over 40% 3P the last 20 games. I'm excited to see him get a primary role on the offense. See what he can do with primary defenders hounding him. This team will be fun to watch even with the tank mode going.
    i've prepped myself to take on a certain mind set for this season. i hope to see a compe ive team, younger players develop and signs from some of our younger players, such as devin, taking that leap to the next level. it'll be ugly sometimes and there will be some painful losses but if it get the spurs in the bottom three or four by the end of the season, i'll be good with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random tangent: how ridiculous is it that the Ringer NBA writers keep mentioning the Thunder in their daily musings as if they are a prestige organization that we need to follow closely? JFC. Durant is gone. They suck like us.

Anyway. As you were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've prepped myself to take on a certain mind set for this season. i hope to see a compe ive team, younger players develop and signs from some of our younger players, such as devin, taking that leap to the next level. it'll be ugly sometimes and there will be some painful losses but if it get the spurs in the bottom three or four by the end of the season, i'll be good with it.
    I want more ball movement. It seemed like we went from ISO DeMar directly to ISO Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random tangent: how ridiculous is it that the Ringer NBA writers keep mentioning the Thunder in their daily musings as if they are a prestige organization that we need to follow closely? JFC. Durant is gone. They suck like us.

Anyway. As you were.
    I think they actually had a terrible offseason. They burned 5 FRPs for 3 players. You only do that if you’re trading into the top 2-3 slots, not ing #11. Their best acquisition was probably Chip Englland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. Didn’t they trade three picks (?) for Dieng? I don’t follow them closely but that seems like horrible utilization of resources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want more ball movement. It seemed like we went from ISO DeMar directly to ISO Dejounte.
    and i'm hoping that this was one of the reasons for moving on from DJ because i'm right there with you. i'm sick of ISO ball. if the spurs can't get too many wins, at least show me that they're moving towards a far more aesthetic brand of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyway. As you were.
    For some reason I missed how popular the Thunder are because of the Durant/Westbrook/Harden era. Lots of kids falling in love with them, including many in this rookie class. Imagine a city like OKC becoming popular like that, but it happened.

So I think the Thunder are like the Raptors, Celtics, etc. Maybe a tier down. But they have a rabid fanbase that overrates what they have constantly. Drafting those big three more than a decade ago were masterstrokes (if some of them were obvious). Drafting Giddey and Holmgren were good. Not on the same level at all. SGA can win some games but isn't a world-killer. I broke down in a post a while back how legitimately awful Presti has been drafting for years otherwise. Just pretty spectacularly bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I hear you. I think the ringer continued their love affair when Westbrook was there by himself putting up ridiculous numbers, and he of course is a polarizing figure which I suppose media types love to talk about and debate among themselves, which all of us have to bear. And Presti trades a lot so he’s good for content. But still…

In reality they’re more of a copycat of the spurs andcSan Antonio. Not just stealing chip, but the city erecting their own Riverwalk etc. About 15 years ago I had to go to OKC for business and it was one of the most depressing cities I’ve ever seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they actually had a terrible offseason. They burned 5 FRPs for 3 players. You only do that if you’re trading into the top 2-3 slots, not ing #11. Their best acquisition was probably Chip Englland.
    Don’t they have like 17 more picks or something ridiculous like that? I actually like their roster. They just need a 3D player for them to be taken seriously as a playoff team. Maybe they get that next year?

Thread Information