My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Tim Duncan - 05/31/14

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where those little front running nimwits at?

I will bump this thread again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Igoaltenda became a non issue the past two games. After Corey cucked him and his entire family history in game 4, that was the end of Spear Chucker. Simmons was probably ing non stop last night while writing another article about the Harden trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never understood the "they chose ibaka over harden" narrative when they could have just amnestied Pork and kept both

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh crap
    KobeOwnsDuncan
    Clipper Nation
    RsxPiimp
    ShowtimeFan
    LkrFan
    Venti Quattro
    Strange Love
    m>s
    DD
    FkLA
    Malik Hairston
    rascal
    Seefourdc
    DMC

This thread proved two things:

1) A bunch of you half-wits can't read. Ibaka not changing the outcome of a series and Ibaka not having an impact on any given game are two different things. I said the former, not the later. I also said the Spurs will win in 5 if Ibaka didn't play, and win in 7 if Ibaka did. Ibaka played part of the series, and the Spurs won in 6. That said, I would venture to say that even if Ibaka were to miss the entire series, the Spurs would have only won in 6 instead of 5 because Brooks could have put Leonardo DiCaprio out there, and the Thunder would have won Games 3 and 4. The only difference would be that the Spurs would have won in Game 6 in MUCH more convincing fashion.

2) With the exception of KobeOwnsDuncan, every one in the above mention list are just a bunch of front running, media regurgitating, basketball not-knowing brain dead hicks. None of you came back to eat your crow, not after Game 5, and certainly not after Game 6. To top it off, none of you even had the guts to come and chime in BEFORE Game 3. Here's a tip for you, go to a local super market and get yourself a back bone.

Now that we are through this, let me educate you for free as to why I was so convinced Ibaka would not have changed the outcome of the series, again. It's not like I never mentioned this before, but given point 1) above, I would like to take this opportunity to teach you again.

People kept referring to 2012 as some sort of proof, and yet ignored the two major components. We all knew Harden was the difference. In fact, Harden destroyed the Spurs in Game 5, while Serge had a -3 for the game. It's obvious, we all knew it, but for some reason, people like to ignore that. Reggie Jackson can cause Spurs damage, but his playmaking is far from Harden level. He can be a homeless man's 2012 Westbrook some games, but his game is too different from Harden's to do a similar level of damage. As an extension of this, 2014 OKC' bench is not anywhere close to as effective as 2012 OKC.

Second, both Kawhi and Green improved immensely since then. Especially Green. Green missed wide open shots in 2012 during the 4 losses, he's not doing that again.

There are a few other factors that I didn't notice prior, Thabo didn't suck as badly back then as he did now. He did a very good job in 2012 on Parker, but he is totally worthless this year. Diaw stepped up big time and was the ultimate Ibaka buster in the series.

So learn young padawans, acknowledge your absolute crap takes, take it like a man, and learn from it. Some day, you guys may be able to have a decent basketball take for a change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think HH and DMC are media regurgitating posters at all, tbh

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    How am I a media-regurgitating frontrunner? Frontrunners don't root for the Clippers, and I usually call bull on Media's narratives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How am I a media-regurgitating frontrunner? Frontrunners don't root for the Clippers, and I usually call bull on Media's narratives
    yeah ur off the hook too, missed det one

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So learn young padawans, acknowledge your absolute crap takes, take it like a man, and learn from it. Some day, you guys may be able to have a decent basketball take for a change.
    Congrats for lucking yourself into one basketball prediction after years of being dominated by DD in this forum.

You win or you learn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats for lucking yourself into one basketball prediction.

Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I learn
    so if his prediction didn't come through and OKC won, would his prediction have been "bad luck" or would you all be calling him re ed?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so if his prediction didn't come through and OKC won, would his prediction have been "bad luck" or would you all be calling him re ed?
    He's already a re ed gook. These things go without saying. He'd just be doing things he's capable of

But that doesn't change the fact that I did not get this prediction right, and ergo I must own up to my miscalculation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was never a part of the crowd that thought we were doomed and getting backdoor swept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was I mentioned by OP? I didn't even have a take in this thread..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was I mentioned by OP? I didn't even have a take in this thread..
    he's probably mad because you gave emoticon support to people laughing at him

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh crap
    KobeOwnsDuncan
    Clipper Nation
    RsxPiimp
    ShowtimeFan
    LkrFan
    Venti Quattro
    Strange Love
    m>s
    DD
    FkLA
    Malik Hairston
    rascal
    Seefourdc
    DMC

This thread proved two things:

1) A bunch of you half-wits can't read. Ibaka not changing the outcome of a series and Ibaka not having an impact on any given game are two different things. I said the former, not the later. I also said the Spurs will win in 5 if Ibaka didn't play, and win in 7 if Ibaka did. Ibaka played part of the series, and the Spurs won in 6. That said, I would venture to say that even if Ibaka were to miss the entire series, the Spurs would have only won in 6 instead of 5 because Brooks could have put Leonardo DiCaprio out there, and the Thunder would have won Games 3 and 4. The only difference would be that the Spurs would have won in Game 6 in MUCH more convincing fashion.

2) With the exception of KobeOwnsDuncan, every one in the above mention list are just a bunch of front running, media regurgitating, basketball not-knowing brain dead hicks. None of you came back to eat your crow, not after Game 5, and certainly not after Game 6. To top it off, none of you even had the guts to come and chime in BEFORE Game 3. Here's a tip for you, go to a local super market and get yourself a back bone.

Now that we are through this, let me educate you for free as to why I was so convinced Ibaka would not have changed the outcome of the series, again. It's not like I never mentioned this before, but given point 1) above, I would like to take this opportunity to teach you again.

People kept referring to 2012 as some sort of proof, and yet ignored the two major components. We all knew Harden was the difference. In fact, Harden destroyed the Spurs in Game 5, while Serge had a -3 for the game. It's obvious, we all knew it, but for some reason, people like to ignore that. Reggie Jackson can cause Spurs damage, but his playmaking is far from Harden level. He can be a homeless man's 2012 Westbrook some games, but his game is too different from Harden's to do a similar level of damage. As an extension of this, 2014 OKC' bench is not anywhere close to as effective as 2012 OKC.

Second, both Kawhi and Green improved immensely since then. Especially Green. Green missed wide open shots in 2012 during the 4 losses, he's not doing that again.

There are a few other factors that I didn't notice prior, Thabo didn't suck as badly back then as he did now. He did a very good job in 2012 on Parker, but he is totally worthless this year. Diaw stepped up big time and was the ultimate Ibaka buster in the series.

Shut the up. The Spurs were lucky to barely escape game 6(if Manu doesn't get a lucky bounce rebound sitting on his ass) or this thing goes 7 and in a one game series anything can happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats for lucking yourself into one basketball prediction after years of being dominated by DD in this forum.

You win or you learn
    Huh? I've never even heard of dd before this thread, and I now remember him/her because of how bad his/her take was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already a re ed gook. These things go without saying. He'd just be doing things he's capable of

But that doesn't change the fact that I did not get this prediction right, and ergo I must own up to my miscalculation.
    But you did not until you got called out because you are one spineless front runner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the up. The Spurs were lucky to barely escape game 6(if Manu doesn't get a lucky bounce rebound sitting on his ass) or this thing goes 7 and in a one game series anything can happen.
    After the game 5 domination? It was clear that home court was the difference. Not Ibaka. I knew the spurs would win at least one game at okc, I just thoughtless gonna be game 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a Lebron fan. I respect you for your view on the Kobe issue, but media lovers love Lebron.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You are a Lebron fan. I respect you for your view on the Kobe issue, but media lovers love Lebron.
    Media hates LeBron and gives him more scrutiny and criticism than any other superstar ever, so I'm not seeing it, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair lebron deserves a lot of love, he truly is one of the greatest of all time. though CN does guzzle his quite a bit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dad Killer fan accusing others of being media sheep..

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Dad Killer fan accusing others of being media sheep..
    Dad Killer's unquestioned GOAT status is the most obvious example of Media-sheep groupthink in basketball history

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the game 5 domination? It was clear that home court was the difference. Not Ibaka. I knew the spurs would win at least one game at okc, I just thoughtless gonna be game 4.
    Spurs were spotted the first two games without Ibaka and it proved too much for OK City to overcome. Had Duncan sat out the first two games and the spurs went down 0-2 they wouldn't of won the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dad Killer's unquestioned GOAT status is the most obvious example of Media-sheep groupthink in basketball history
    MJ being the GOAT can actually be backed up. i think the biggest media-sheep groupthink goes to the Kobe is the most clutch player/best player since jordan/jordan 2.0 stuff

Thread Information