Page 126 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we'll have a government that steps up to the plate to help those in need during these extenuating cir stances. Like the do with businesses.
    Trumpers and Repugs will say Wal-Mart or McDonald's is hiring. your needs and go back to work even if you have to sacrifice a loved one to do it. Darrin needs his food and mixers for his drinks!

Don't worry about the Lakers, Peter Luger's, or Shake Shack getting loans, btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trash/Repug govt? we'll see that they deliver by 1 Aug. I expect they will America over.

McConnell will want many $100Bs for the oligarchy while letting 10Ms of Americans go over the unemployment cliff, as states, cities, and health care run up debts in the many $100Bs, the "fiscal cliff".

The Dems' HEROES Act addressed the above, but McConnell blocks/destroys everything the Dems do, McConnell can't allow anything good to come from the Dems, just like Trash destroys everything that Obama did.
    But Repugs say that unemployment that actually helps people means millions aren't going to go back to work. Doesn't matter if they make more than the 600 per week, they won't work, Moscow Mitch and cry babies who whine about not getting theirs said so!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we'll have a government that steps up to the plate to help those in need during these extenuating cir stances. Like the do with businesses.
    We won't. And that you think the govt. will give a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all stayed in their poorly ventilated buildings and got sick.

We don't live on top of each other down here.

Compare case and/or death rates of NY and TX.

It's not close.
    YET

It's like you don't understand time. NY got its peak earlier.

Do you think the rate will be lower, or higher, after we get our peak?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas hits record with 98 new COVID-19 deaths reported

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas reported its deadliest day of the pandemic with nearly 100 new deaths on Wednesday as newly confirmed cases continued soaring and Austin began preparations to turn the downtown convention center into a field hospital.

The 98 reported deaths in Texas set a record one-day high, surpassing the record 60 deaths reported a day earlier. Texas is now reporting a total of 2,813 deaths.

The state also reported 9,979 new coronavirus cases Wednesday after hitting a record-high 10,028 new cases the day before. The number of infections is thought to be far higher because many people have not been tested, and studies suggest people can be infected with the virus without feeling sick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thldren is going to respond to this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Number of Texans filing unemployment claims increased for second week in a row as 117,244 sought benefits

The claims — an increase of 21.4% compared to the week before

come as coronavirus infections in the state continue surging and

after Gov. Greg Abbott ordered bars to close and limited restaurant operations.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...s-coronavirus/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thldren is going to respond to this.
    dur ifr dur

Lololololololol

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want him to respond to this:

For the 1/100th time, the reason we show so many Cases, compared to other countries that haven’t done nearly as well as we have, is that our TESTING is much bigger and better. We have tested 40,000,000 people. If we did 20,000,000 instead, Cases would be half, etc. NOT REPORTED!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herd immunity may not work. Was talking to my doctor yesterday. She has had several clear cases of covid that tested positive but didnt have any antibodies 6 weeks later when tested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herd immunity may not work. Was talking to my doctor yesterday. She has had several clear cases of covid that tested positive but didnt have any antibodies 6 weeks later when tested.
    Not surprising given what we know about Coronaviruses but, damn, just 6 weeks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dur ifr dur

Lololololololol
    Bwahahaha Chump is in my head btw hospitalizations flat, just the flu, ifr, shooting 45% on 2s is impressive I was really good in HS believe me Bwahahaha

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing we have to hope for is that the test only/mostly finds free floating Ab and not the memory cells that have Ab on the surface. Its really a good supply of memory cells reacting quickly that is the most important factor.

Im trying to be optimistic here.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn they teach Japanese in high school now? I'm jealous.
    My daughter got two years of it in middle school and one in high school, she loves it. She has about 6 books of kanji

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    herd immunity requires 60%+ of the herd to have antibodies that actually provide immunity

3M cases in USA out 330M population. 59M MORE infections to go, MINIMUM.

There's no proof that C19 infection provides immunity, and if it does, what level of antibodies is required,

and HOW LONG does the immunity last? weeks, months, years?

ie, people with very mild cases may not have enough antibodies to be immune to re-infection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    herd immunity requires 60%+ of the herd to have antibodies that actually provide immunity

3M cases in USA out 330M population. 59M MORE infections to go, MINIMUM.

There's no proof that C19 infection provides immunity, and if it does, what level of antibodies is required,

and HOW LONG does the immunity last? weeks, months, years?

ie, people with very mild cases may not have enough antibodies to be immune to re-infection

So will you be in line to get the vaccine that BigPharma has rushed to get to market?

Serious question and I'm sure you'll ignore it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Twitter thread by Eric Topol is exactly what I mean, and this article that he references is an important read. Its schematic at right (see also here) will help make clear that antibody levels are only one aspect of the immune response to the infection – it’s an important one, but we’re making it look even more important than it is because it’s by far the easiest part of the process to measure. The T-cell response (much harder to get good data on) is known to be a key player in viral infections, and is also known to be highly variable, both between different types of pathogens and among individuals themselves. The latter variations are also beginning to be characterized among patients in the current pandemic. We have to get more data on it across a broader population of patients in order to make sense of what we’re seeing.

Many readers will have seen, for example, this new paper from The Lancet on a large study in Spain. Testing tens of thousands of people across the country continues to show that (on average) only about 5% of the population is seropositive (that is, has antibodies to the virus). There are a lot of interesting findings – such as rather large differences in those positive testing rates in different regions of the country, as well as the realization that at least one-third of the people who now test positive never showed any symptoms at all. But we are still not sure if this means that 95% of the Spanish population has never been exposed to the virus, because we don’t know how many people might have cleared it without raising enough of an antibody response to still be detectable. This paper does show that seroprevalence was about 90% in people 14 days after a positive PCR test, which indicates that most people do raise some sort of antibody response, but we don’t know how many of these people will still show such antibodies at later testing dates. Remember the paper discussed in that link in the first paragraph above, which found that 40% of asymptomatic patients went completely seronegative during their convalescence.

In other words, the Spanish survey may appear to show that 95% of the country has not yet been exposed to the coronavirus, but that’s almost certainly not true. The authors do mention that cellular immunity is important and not something that they were able to address, but the combination of that factor plus the apparent dropoff in antibody levels with time makes these large IgG surveys almost impossible to interpret. But note that if there are indeed many people who have been exposed but do not read out in such surveys, that we also have no idea how immune they are to further infection. At a minimum, you’d want to know antibody levels over time, T-cell response over time, and (importantly) what a protective profile looks like for both of those. We barely have insight into any of this: the large-scale data are just a snapshot of antibody levels, and that’s not enough.

We have similar data here in the US: several surveys of IgG antibodies show single-digit seroconversion. You could conclude that we have large numbers of people who have never been exposed – and indeed, the recent upswing in infections in many regions argues that there are plenty of such people out there. But we need to know more. We could have people who look vulnerable but aren’t – perhaps they show no antibodies, but still have a protective T-cell response. Or we could have people who look like they might be protected, but aren’t – perhaps they showed an antibody response many weeks ago that has now declined, and they don’t have protective levels of T-cells to back them up. Across the population, you can use the limited data we have and our limited understanding of it to argue for a uselessly broad range of outcomes. Things could be better than we thought, or worse, getting better or deteriorating in front of our eyes. We just don’t know, and we have to do better at figuring it out.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...-our-ignorance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So will you be in line to get the vaccine that BigPharma has rushed to get to market?

Serious question and I'm sure you'll ignore it.
    No I would not be first in line. I would wait min 6 months or 1 year.

Which means we need to be prepared to distance and masks until summer 2021 at minimum.

I suggest everyone upgrade their masks to N95. I know they are impossible to get here in USA. But you can get the equivalent chinese KN95 or Eurpean i forget the codename.

I just ordered 100 KN95s in amazon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I would not be first in line. I would wait min 6 months or 1 year.

Which means we need to be prepared to distance and masks until summer 2021 at minimum.

I suggest everyone upgrade their masks to N95. I know they are impossible to get here in USA. But you can get the equivalent chinese KN95 or Eurpean i forget the codename.

I just ordered 100 KN95s in amazon.
    The timetable for vaccines is much longer than other therapeutics. There's an array of treatments in the pipeline, many of which may likely be available in the next months. It's not vaccine or bust - it's treatment or bust. And that timetable is looking much better than that for vaccines.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My daughter got two years of it in middle school and one in high school, she loves it. She has about 6 books of kanji
    Hah, kanji is such a bas . I know the 2100-something jouyou kanji and can write them pretty quickly, but I always struggle when I see one like 繋 (in say 繋がり = connection) since it looks like it should be a jouyou kanji from the components, but isn't. If she is still studying kanji she might get a kick out of the うんこ漢字ドリル (unko kanji doriru = poop kanji drill) books that have gotten pretty popular in Japan. Tell me these aren't great example sentences for the 閉 kanji

You guys should check Persona 4 Golden on PC since it has options for playing in full Japanese and it's just a great game anyways. Most of the grammar seems to be JLPT N4 level or easier, though there is plenty of N3 level grammar too. Though there is a lot of N1 and post N1 vocabulary.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hah, kanji is such a bas . I know the 2100-something jouyou kanji and can write them pretty quickly, but I always struggle when I see one like 繋 (in say 繋がり = connection) since it looks like it should be a jouyou kanji from the components, but isn't. If she is still studying kanji she might get a kick out of the うんこ漢字ドリル (unko kanji doriru = poop kanji drill) books that have gotten pretty popular in Japan. Tell me these aren't great example sentences for the 閉 kanji

You guys should check Persona 4 Golden on PC since it has options for playing in full Japanese and it's just a great game anyways. Most of the grammar seems to be JLPT N4 level or easier, though there is plenty of N3 level grammar too. Though there is a lot of N1 and post N1 vocabulary.
    Changing subject since less than flu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The timetable for vaccines is much longer than other therapeutics. There's an array of treatments in the pipeline, many of which may likely be available in the next months. It's not vaccine or bust - it's treatment or bust. And that timetable is looking much better than that for vaccines.
    Even with better therapeutics out I would use a mask on most situations since:
    - the hassle of getting sick, go to dr or having your family do that
    - costs of the therapeutics
    - we still dont know of possible long term damage

Because of that my positions stays

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Changing subject since less than flu
    shut up got, adults are talking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahahaha 45% on set 2s impressive

Bwahaha old washed up boomer thldren

Bwahaha pwned by BB

bwahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with better therapeutics out I would use a mask on most situations since:
    - the hassle of getting sick, go to dr or having your family do that
    - costs of the therapeutics
    - we still dont know of possible long term damage

Because of that my positions stays
    Fair enough, I was speaking to the timeframe. I think we'll have additional treatments before the end of the year.

Thread Information