Page 63 of 745 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163563 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 18607
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurm fan acting like PATFO can do no wrong. They ed with Kawhi and now they're paying the price. You can thank Pop, Porky, and Manu for that.
    Wow, you keep trying to defend Kawhi? PATFO are not without their flaws, but when we are essentially talking Pop vs. Uncle Dennis? My money is on Pop. Your attempt to support his camp's narrative is so weak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, you're mean...but I like how you think. Just remind me never to argue with you.
    Well it's mean AND smart. Imagine what PATFO could do with THREE first round picks. The lowest of which would be 10 spots higher than their regular drafting position for most of the last 20 years...where they already found an occasional gem.

Not to mention, you would add Harris who is a very solid player. And have beaucoup money to go get your own high end free agent. Plus, next year, the Pau contract would essentially only be a $7M hit and in the final year...easily tradable. And Harris' contract would also be expiring enabling you to go get yet another high end free agent in 2019. That's a ing ton of winning from a bad situation that asshat and his uncle put us in. Have I said, him, yet today?

Kawhi for even putting us in this mess. But we can rise like a Phoenix, even stronger for it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The intriguing part of the Clippers is that he asked to go to the Lakers. You could trade him instead to the Clips. It's LA. Same home court. Clips are very cash strung and if the Spurs signed hand traded him under a max contract whilst taking their 12 and 13 picks AND Harris, you would effectively be blocking that team from getting substantially better for years.

They would certainly have a hard time opening up cap space for another max player which is what he would need to even think about competing with the Warriors.

Meanwhile, the Lakers will in turn go balls in on PG, Lebron, Cousins, etc. Expect them not to have any cap space to do much else either.
    That's dumb. no you dont wanna allow LA to build a super power but you dont take less in trade to make that happen.
    Since 2000-2013 the three best players taken with the 12th pick are Nick Collison, Thad young and Steven Adams.
    at 13th in the same time-frame, its Markief Morris and Richard Jefferson
    some of those guys are solid players ... but 13th also got teams Kendall marshall sean May and at 12th Robert Swift Xavier Henry

Is steven adams and Richard jefferson plus tobias harris worth KL? Maybe, all jokes aside. RJ was good before he became a Spur had a long career.
    But is KL worth more than Sean may and Xavier Henry and Tobias harris abso freakin lutely its why you never trade without getting a top level young prospect in return.
    Draft picks alon are a crap shoot especially late lottery picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's dumb. no you dont wanna allow LA to build a super power but you dont take less in trade to make that happen.
    Since 2000-2013 the three best players taken with the 12th pick are Nick Collison, Thad young and Steven Adams.
    at 13th in the same time-frame, its Markief Morris and Richard Jefferson
    some of those guys are solid players ... but 13th also got teams Kendall marshall sean May and at 12th Robert Swift Xavier Henry

Is steven adams and Richard jefferson plus tobias harris worth KL? Maybe, all jokes aside. RJ was good before he became a Spur had a long career.
    But is KL worth more than Sean may and Xavier Henry and Tobias harris abso freakin lutely its why you never trade without getting a top level young prospect in return.
    Draft picks alon are a crap shoot especially late lottery picks.
    With 12, 13 & 18 SA can move up so much more. With 25 from the Lakers and 18 of their own? Not so much. I trust the Spurs drafting that with the more/better picks they can do better than Ingram and Kuz.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    2000-2013 is an awfully convenient timeline, since it leaves out Dario Saric getting drafted 12th in 2014, Devin Booker getting drafted 13th in 2015, Taurean Prince getting drafted 12th in 2016, and Donovan Mitc getting drafted 13th last year.

Regardless, I don't buy into these stats about who teams drafted in previous years at a specific position in the draft. It's dumb. Every draft is different, the front offices involved aren't the same, etc. There's too many variables that a stat like that ignores.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't that Manu4Trash no lifer really have any pride at all ? Or just some kind of minimum survival instinct after being pulverized with humiliation over and over again ?

At that point, there's no other possibility that this clown is a craving sissy coming on ST for his daily dose.

I mean, it's not humanly possible to have so little self-esteem.
    The only thing I can absolutely state about Manu4Tres is that he's living rent free in your head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With 12, 13 & 18 SA can move up so much more. With 25 from the Lakers and 18 of their own? Not so much. I trust the Spurs drafting that with the more/better picks they can do better than Ingram and Kuz.
    Yep. Killakobe81, notice I said PATFO would be drafting (and developing) these guys. Not the League. And as DPG notes, they might just package those picks (and something else) for... something else. A higher draft pick, player...whatever.

Point is, you cant judge previous ceilings from those drafts when the best in the business hasn't, or has rarely, been in that position in two decades basically.
    Last edited by offset formation; 06-18-2018 at 10:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2000-2013 is an awfully convenient timeline, since it leaves out Dario Saric getting drafted 12th in 2014, Devin Booker getting drafted 13th in 2015, Taurean Prince getting drafted 12th in 2016, and Donovan Mitc getting drafted 13th last year.

Regardless, I don't buy into these stats about who teams drafted in previous years at a specific position in the draft. It's dumb. Every draft is different, the front offices involved aren't the same, etc. There's too many variables that a stat like that ignores.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't that Manu4Trash no lifer really have any pride at all ? Or just some kind of minimum survival instinct after being pulverized with humiliation over and over again ?

At that point, there's no other possibility that this clown is a craving sissy coming on ST for his daily dose.

I mean, it's not humanly possible to have so little self-esteem.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will also use the Shaq trade analogy.
    Caron "tough juice" Butler was the "Jaylen Brown" of the Heat and Horford is the "Odom" ...while tatum as the potential to be Wade.
    Both Horford and Brown are better players right now than tatum but Tatum is teh better prospect.
    Like with wade rumors are ainge like Riley says Wade Tatum is the only "untouchable" ...

screw that. you have the star got to get their best young prospect in return, period. Just you saying that Tatum has more upside means he HAS to be included.
    Dont make the same mistake the Lakers did.
    Exactly how I feel about Jaylen Brown. Caron Butler was so overhyped back then too. I'm not trading a Hall of Famer in his prime for ing Caron Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I think the Horford equivalent in the Shaq trade was Brian Grant considering the awful contract he was on, Killakobe81. The Odom equivalent would be the Sacramento pick Boston could move.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I wasnt being convienient it was the time-frame for the first website I googled.
    I wondered why tehy chose that but tbh it take a few years to make a valid judgment on draft picks.
    LAst year I was kicking myself that we did not draft Porzy despite my concerns about his health ... now he is just as risky as most other draft picks.

Even using the dates I chose Richard Jefferson is great value on 13th considering his peak and longevity. and after season one I Wouldnt say steven adams very useful or after his flameout in the WCF three years ago either.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Although I think the Horford equivalent in the Shaq trade was Brian Grant considering the awful contract he was on, Killakobe81. The Odom equivalent would be the Sacramento pick Boston could move.
    Horford is better than grant was at the time of teh trade. grant was already dealing with back troubles.
    I agree Horford is overpaid but he has value and was productive for celts before the ECF.
    If spurs accepted Horford in a Tatum/Kl trade he still has value mecause he has a mid range to 3pt shot and can defend. he can be flipped.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Horford only if it includes Tatum.

Deal that I would be ok with is Horford, Tatum and Sac pick next year. Maybe this year's pick if they have one.

Any deal with Bos has to include Tatum and that Sac pick.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think Spur gfan is under estimating Ingram and Kuz.
    But I am not even arguing for Lakers trade.
    Strangely I am arguing for a boston one but that is because I honestly feel they have the best asset (Tatum) and as much as I live Ingram/Kuz I love tatum more.

Yall can say what you want but expecting PATFO to strike KL level gold drafting at 12th/13th to me is silly when you can in theory get Tatum and a much higher pick to start from.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum has star potential, someone who looks like you might be able to build around. Brown, he's a nice piece, but no where near equal to Tatum. Ingram to me is close to Brown in terms of potential. He's had his periods of great play, but also underwhelming play. Doesn't move the needle much. Kuzma I think benefited from playing on a team without playoff aspirations and not playing veterans. I think in a team like teh Spurs, you get much less out of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum or Doncic????????

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum or Doncic????????
    Thats a hard one. I haven't paid attention until now about lottery picks... Doncic seems legit.

if Sac came in with #2 this year, and a 2 1st down the road (2020, 2022?) plus Hield or Fox, etc. I think I'd look at that as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strangely I am arguing for a boston one but that is because I honestly feel they have the best asset (Tatum) and as much as I live Ingram/Kuz I love tatum more.

Yall can say what you want but expecting PATFO to strike KL level gold drafting at 12th/13th to me is silly when you can in theory get Tatum and a much higher pick to start from.
    Meh Ingram is Caron Butler too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade LMA too, start from Scratch new coach and all.. Will not be fun but start this over and get back on track.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I would take Horford only if it includes Tatum.

Deal that I would be ok with is Horford, Tatum and Sac pick next year. Maybe this year's pick if they have one.

Any deal with Bos has to include Tatum and that Sac pick.
    Smart man.
    The Lowe "theory" posted on here said basically the same.
    That has to be the "staring point" none of these other offers including the LAkers one, could trump that.
    IF ainge says no you walk away and call his bluff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am surprised that not 1 Spurs front office staff member hasn't pressed for an update or made a comment. That should probably tell us something, normally there would be a quote or statement from PAFTO if this was not true, and if the report hasn't come from TMZ i do not believe it. I say get the best possibly offer you can for him and get this train moving again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Meh Ingram is Caron Butler too.
    Could be he is probably closer to Caron than to wade.
    But that wasn't the point.
    Not saying that Ingram = Wade I Was arguing maybe Tatum has a chance to be the "wade of the trade" meaning he is the best asset you dont make a deal of a star without getting that back.
    IF lakers were the trade partner I think it's Ingram but I could understand you not likeing him I think he is a notch below Tatum as a scorer/athelete, but I do think he will be the better defender/playmaker.

And again not arguing for a Lakers trade, but a Celtics one.
    But I am taking note of how negative you guys are on Ingram I think no matter where he plays if he stays healthy he is gonna be a potential #2 on contender same as Tatum. but still a big if and I stil like tatum more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Valid point about Tatum. I'd add though that moving Kawhi has to be strategic also.

We cant ship him somewhere that will end up creating a superteam that we have to take down in 2 or 3 years ourselves. So sending him somewhere that would make that difficult, while also bolstering your own team is where the special sauce is made. And historically over the last 2 decades, our PATFO have been better at that than the League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart man.
    The Lowe "theory" posted on here said basically the same.
    That has to be the "staring point" none of these other offers including the LAkers one, could trump that.
    IF ainge says no you walk away and call his bluff.
    If Ainge is serious about not making a fair offer I probably punish him by trading Kawhi to the Sixers for Saric + 10 + Fultz, which is a marginally better package than one centered around Jaylen Brown.

Thread Information