Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ppl need to stop listening to this crazy ing nerd

During the pandemic, Bill Gates’s personal fortune has increased by an impressive $20 billion, but even these gains pale in comparison to his soaring political influence—as the news media has widely trumpeted his leadership on Covid-19, praising his charitable donations or extolling him as a “visionary” who predicted the outbreak.

It’s a highly questionable narrative, one that ignores widespread controversy over the way Gates made his fortune and how he chooses to spend it, but which nonetheless has delivered a windfall of political capital for our philanthropist in chief—which he is now spending down.

These billionaires, the best they could do, some would say, would be to be stop their foundations and pay their fair share of taxes,” says Rogers-Wright, noting how new tax revenues could help fund democratically devised solutions. “If Gates really wants to be effective and in a way that lifts up equity…[he should be] really listening to people who are being impacted the most and scaling up their solutions, rather than coming in with a parachute and with an air of white savior-ism that actually in some cases causes more harm than good.”

Christine Nobiss, founder of the Indigenous-led Great Plains Action Society, points to recent reports that Bill Gates has become the largest farmland owner in the United States, holding 242,000 acres—a larger area of land than Bahrain or Singapore or Barbados can claim. Nobiss says this speaks to the Manifest Destiny mentality that has to be challenged in the political fight around climate change.

https://www.thenation.com/article/en...-climate-book/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump supporter posting paul joseph watson tweets to make a point. nothing to see here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf???

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tread lightly, Chumpettes. This is one of your supreme overlords we're talking about.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Subscribed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better Gates than Trump.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ppl need to stop listening to this crazy ing nerd

During the pandemic, Bill Gates’s personal fortune has increased by an impressive $20 billion, but even these gains pale in comparison to his soaring political influence—as the news media has widely trumpeted his leadership on Covid-19, praising his charitable donations or extolling him as a “visionary” who predicted the outbreak.

It’s a highly questionable narrative, one that ignores widespread controversy over the way Gates made his fortune and how he chooses to spend it, but which nonetheless has delivered a windfall of political capital for our philanthropist in chief—which he is now spending down.

These billionaires, the best they could do, some would say, would be to be stop their foundations and pay their fair share of taxes,” says Rogers-Wright, noting how new tax revenues could help fund democratically devised solutions. “If Gates really wants to be effective and in a way that lifts up equity…[he should be] really listening to people who are being impacted the most and scaling up their solutions, rather than coming in with a parachute and with an air of white savior-ism that actually in some cases causes more harm than good.”

Christine Nobiss, founder of the Indigenous-led Great Plains Action Society, points to recent reports that Bill Gates has become the largest farmland owner in the United States, holding 242,000 acres—a larger area of land than Bahrain or Singapore or Barbados can claim. Nobiss says this speaks to the Manifest Destiny mentality that has to be challenged in the political fight around climate change.

https://www.thenation.com/article/en...-climate-book/

All posted within 8 minutes.

This is the life of an incel.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Having a 2nd Derp spamming has made this forum insufferable. I might be done with this site soon, the posting on this forum is worse than twitter.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a 2nd Derp spamming has made this forum insufferable. I might be done with this site soon, the posting on this forum is worse than twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Made u log in as Adam Lamebert too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If u having a hard time with this. I do suggest a break from.here. go for a walk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill always been a salesman, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill always been a salesman, tbh...
    Sure but when the salesman starts getting Dr Fauci/Greta Thurnberg treatment by media and politicians. We are in for some hurt

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Made u log in as Adam Lamebert too

What exactly is the response you're looking for here that will give you some feeling of accomplishment or validation?

I'll give it to you if it'll make you less insufferable. It's clear that there's a gaping void in your life right now that you're trying to fill. Help me help you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but when the salesman starts getting Dr Fauci/Greta Thurnberg treatment by media and politicians. We are in for some hurt
    He always had good media, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He always had good media, tbh...
    For computery nerd . Not climate, food supply or health

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue Mono's hypocrite meme avalanche

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For computery nerd . Not climate, food supply or health
    It's what we do here though, revere the rich, no matter what they do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One can take as well a boat by his house in the Seattle area on an island that is literally the size of a shopping mall (and as ugly). His wife and him have certainly done some good public health work but he needs to step back more in my opinion and let those with public health expertise and true experience do more of the talking when it comes to matters outside his training.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Gates is saying is that, as is very widely known, industrial meat production consumes/wastes land, water, anti-biotics, chemical fertilizer and produces tons of pollution. The inputs to get one pound of industrial meat

Industrial meat production makes as much sense as growing corn to burn it as fuel.

ing insanity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One can take as well a boat by his house in the Seattle area on an island that is literally the size of a shopping mall (and as ugly). His wife and him have certainly done some good public health work but he needs to step back more in my opinion and let those with public health expertise and true experience do more of the talking when it comes to matters outside his training.

I truly believe the poor bas is missing a few screws. And who can blame him, hes got a gazillion dollars, probably doesnt really talk to anyone "normal" people.

He wants to change everyones life dramatically except himself and his familys

ing lunatic. Hes a danger out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides beijn an expert on vaccines, health and climate change, seems this dweeb is an exper on free speech

Thread Information