My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I included starting lineups, their backups, and the squad we should close with. Went over this under the assumption that Keldon and Derrick are out to start the season and then went over how those lineups will change with everybody healthy.

With everyone available I think we may struggle to get Vassell minutes with the SF rotation DDR/Keldon and PF rotation Lyles/Gay. Seems like either Keldon moves to the 2 and plays over Walker, DDR moves to the 4 and one of Lyles/Gay are played out of the rotation, or Vassell just doesn’t get very much playing time once everyone is back.

There's potential for some fun lineups though, I'm thinking like Murray/White/Johnson/Vassell/Aldridge or any combination of Murray/White/Walker/Johnson/Vassell really. Didn't talk about Quinn because I don't think he's going to get major minutes barring injury but he could also be involved in some good defensive lineups at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media day is today and I think we'll see why the "Keldon is a 2, not Devin" will finally stop.

Edit: Before someone steps in and says that "2 or 3, they're both the same". No. Usually it's implied that the "3" guy primarily guards the bigger players and the "2" guards the smaller of the two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media day is today and I think we'll see why the "Keldon is a 2, not Devin" will finally stop.

Edit: Before someone steps in and says that "2 or 3, they're both the same". No. Usually it's implied that the "3" guy primarily guards the bigger players and the "2" guards the smaller of the two.
    The Murray/White lineup is so nice I don't see why they don't both start tbh. I don't think White's fit in off the bench as well as we've wanted him to I think he plays better as a starter. Obviously he and Keldon aren't healthy yet but when they are, I'm hoping White starts. I consider Vassell as more of a wing than Keldon. Keldon is big and strong enough where he can guard some wings but Vassell definitely has some length Keldon doesn't have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Murray/White lineup is so nice I don't see why they don't both start tbh. I don't think White's fit in off the bench as well as we've wanted him to I think he plays better as a starter. Obviously he and Keldon aren't healthy yet but when they are, I'm hoping White starts. I consider Vassell as more of a wing than Keldon. Keldon is big and strong enough where he can guard some wings but Vassell definitely has some length Keldon doesn't have.
    False.

Majority consensus has Devin's wingspan at 6'10". A whole 1" over Keldon. Is that enough to compensate the lack of strength Vassell has? I don't think so.

I wasn't saying anything against White and Murray both starting. Just addressing the sentence "maybe Keldon should play the 2".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway, let's just wait and see what happens. Either of us could be correct. Thanks for the content and very nice shirt!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw that you started your Youtube channel in April of this year. I saw that there's an improvement from when you first started with your first video to your most recent. Did you take classes? If not, you're a natural at this. Your speaking skills are almost as good as professional news casters. I suggest maybe to add more editing/ graphics/ relevant content to attract more viewers? Maybe even start a podcast? There's ways I can see you lifting off and being successful at this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw that you started your Youtube channel in April of this year. I saw that there's an improvement from when you first started with your first video to your most recent. Did you take classes? If not, you're a natural at this. Your speaking skills are almost as good as professional news casters. I suggest maybe to add more editing/ graphics/ relevant content to attract more viewers? Maybe even start a podcast? There's ways I can see you lifting off and being successful at this.
    I appreciate that. I took a couple public speaking classes in college back in the day but I never felt like it was my strong point. I feel like with the videos the more I do them the more confident I get. Some days are better than others, but I've been trying to improve at it since the gitgo. Unfortunately I absolutely suck at video editing. It's something I need to take more time with and learn. I started a podcast on my channel as well last week, with one of my real life friends who's a Buffalo Bills YouTuber.

Second off, that's interesting that Vassell/Keldon have a similar wingspan. I figured Vassell was the lengthier player by a bit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

[FONT="]I included starting lineups, their backups, and the squad we should close with. Went over this under the assumption that Keldon and Derrick are out to start the season and then went over how those lineups will change with everybody healthy.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]
    With everyone available I think we may struggle to get Vassell minutes with the SF rotation DDR/Keldon and PF rotation Lyles/Gay. Seems like either Keldon moves to the 2 and plays over Walker, DDR moves to the 4 and one of Lyles/Gay are played out of the rotation, or Vassell just doesn’t get very much playing time once everyone is back.

There's potential for some fun lineups though, I'm thinking like Murray/White/Johnson/Vassell/Aldridge or any combination of Murray/White/Walker/Johnson/Vassell really. Didn't talk about Quinn because I don't think he's going to get major minutes barring injury but he could also be involved in some good defensive lineups at some point.
    Just had a look at the video...thanks a lot but you never metioned one of our best hopes, aka Samanic. I know he looks to be still green but all things considered I think he's really the one of our young guys that has an all star ceiling (also if he started lest season with a obvius low floor) and going on in the season he should take some if not the most of Gay minutes.

I understand your idea of taking in consideration the fact that some people is actually not going to start the season because of injuries. I prefer to analize players that are gonna play and the starting and finishing line ups considering all the bodyes we have on the roster. One thing I think is that the roster is frankly deep as ...and that's good considering we are gonna play a lot of games in a limited amount of time, so needing rest for all players. so all the 16 players cirrently under contract will have, imho, a ot of chances to prove themselves and be beneficial for the team's goals.

That said, while I agree on DJM starting games, I totally disagree on the DJM finishing games...one thing imho he will never have is a complete realiability as a ball keeper, and loosing ball in the final minutes is a risk we should never take. On the contrary I think that the injuries of the starting of the seson will give the chance tom take a risk about starting Vassell with him, because his helping defense (that's his best skill, for what I understood) is, imho, gonna complement DJM risky at ude on defense on the ball in a perferct way.
    In any case I think that at least one of last season "play makers " should always be on the court (I mean White or DDR) while Tre JOnes, for as good as he can be, should be employed at the moment, while learning the system, as a special team player.
    So her's my idea.

Starting Lineup DJM - Vassell - DDR - Lyles - LMA

Other five in main rotation White (Tre jones till he comes back) - Walker - Jhonson - Samanic (Gay) - Poeltl

Finishing Lineups White - Walker (Vassell) - Johnson - DDR - LMA

Special task guys are, to use in special moments or against peculiar teams or opposite players : Tre Jones if you need a special defense on a small point guard
    Patty Mills if you need a microwawe scorer in limited minutes
    Drew Eubanks if you need to play someone against a very mobile center

Wheatherspon and KBD are the two way playeres but both are accountable for Q. special defense against big opposite guards
    KBD enforcing defense against specific opposite bodyes on forwards

Our 15th spot is still to be determined but considering we can't sign nobody but a cut rookie if we don't wanna pay the tax I don't think its gonna be a name worth a lot of minutes and probably he's gonna play and learn the system most of the time in Austin (if the team is gonna play).

One final obserfvation...looking well at all names we have on rster I frankly like a lot the team's versatility...at least for the quan y, hoping its also for quality!

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    if lma/derozan/mills/gay get the majority of laying time i will not watch the season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are trying to trade one of there Vets they will get playing time early to showcase themselves. Either way LMA and DEROZZ are still going to get majority of minutes while Rudy and Mills after trade line will probably take a big step back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like you man, but please for the sake of my sanity, don't carry your Drew Show tribute avatar on for too long.

I can't stand either Drew Show, nor that ers face. And since you post a bunch, it's like a flash back mixed with repeated insult. I'm gonna be schizophrenic before long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just had a look at the video...thanks a lot but you never metioned one of our best hopes, aka Samanic. I know he looks to be still green but all things considered I think he's really the one of our young guys that has an all star ceiling (also if he started lest season with a obvius low floor) and going on in the season he should take some if not the most of Gay minutes.

I understand your idea of taking in consideration the fact that some people is actually not going to start the season because of injuries. I prefer to analize players that are gonna play and the starting and finishing line ups considering all the bodyes we have on the roster. One thing I think is that the roster is frankly deep as ...and that's good considering we are gonna play a lot of games in a limited amount of time, so needing rest for all players. so all the 16 players cirrently under contract will have, imho, a ot of chances to prove themselves and be beneficial for the team's goals.

That said, while I agree on DJM starting games, I totally disagree on the DJM finishing games...one thing imho he will never have is a complete realiability as a ball keeper, and loosing ball in the final minutes is a risk we should never take. On the contrary I think that the injuries of the starting of the seson will give the chance tom take a risk about starting Vassell with him, because his helping defense (that's his best skill, for what I understood) is, imho, gonna complement DJM risky at ude on defense on the ball in a perferct way.
    In any case I think that at least one of last season "play makers " should always be on the court (I mean White or DDR) while Tre JOnes, for as good as he can be, should be employed at the moment, while learning the system, as a special team player.
    So her's my idea.

Starting Lineup DJM - Vassell - DDR - Lyles - LMA

Other five in main rotation White (Tre jones till he comes back) - Walker - Jhonson - Samanic (Gay) - Poeltl

Finishing Lineups White - Walker (Vassell) - Johnson - DDR - LMA

Special task guys are, to use in special moments or against peculiar teams or opposite players : Tre Jones if you need a special defense on a small point guard
    Patty Mills if you need a microwawe scorer in limited minutes
    Drew Eubanks if you need to play someone against a very mobile center

Wheatherspon and KBD are the two way playeres but both are accountable for Q. special defense against big opposite guards
    KBD enforcing defense against specific opposite bodyes on forwards

Our 15th spot is still to be determined but considering we can't sign nobody but a cut rookie if we don't wanna pay the tax I don't think its gonna be a name worth a lot of minutes and probably he's gonna play and learn the system most of the time in Austin (if the team is gonna play).

One final obserfvation...looking well at all names we have on rster I frankly like a lot the team's versatility...at least for the quan y, hoping its also for quality!
    Yeah I caught a little flack for not talking about Luka. I guess my thing with him is, he still looked green enough last year where I could see him needing another season before joining the rotation. But don't give me wrong if he steps up then maybe we look into moving Gay or Lyles.

If Vassell/Walker show out and prove they can knock down shots and play defense then I think one of them are going to be in the closing lineup. But until they prove they provide better spacing I think we're just as good with Murray out there because we already know he and White are a net positive together. But I agree, White running the point in a closing lineup probably makes the most sense.

It will be interesting to see how Tre Jones/Quinn Weatherspoon/Devin Vassell/Luka Samanic/Drew Eubanks play and get their minutes because those guys are valuable young guys who can play good defense (jury is out on Luka) but there are also guys ahead of them in the rotation. I expect us to find minutes for Vassell no matter what really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said a few times, this is what I expect a fully healthy rotation to look like:

White, Mills
    Murray, Walker
    DeRozan, Johnson
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

In that group, I think Lyles is the weakest link. I disagree with the video's premise that Lyles is someone the team has to worry about developing. If he does, great. But I hope that the Spurs expect more from their starting four, whether it's Trey or Luka. I don't see Gay's spot to be in any jeopardy. He's better than Lyles and isn't starting because he works better as the bench scorer. If Samanic impresses, he'll start or be the backup three next to Gay. The next-weakest spot would be the starting-two. I think Pop will eventually break up the White/Murray combo. I know some folks have clamored for it and felt vindicated that they played decently in the bubble with that unit. But I think it clearly makes the team worse to start all of their ball-handlers with Aldridge and have a second unit that doesn't have a facilitator. Sure, Murray's not really that either. But ultimately, the guard rotation has advanced to the point where it makes way more sense for Walker, Johnson or even Vassell to get the nod.

This is the rotation I'd like to see:

White, Mills
    Walker, Murray
    DeRozan, Johnson
    Samanic, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

That first unit has the speed, spacing and dynamism to most directly compare to the bubble unit without sacrificing size. The second unit should give Johnson more freedom to grow his offensive game, and he and Murray look like they'd make a good defensive unit.

Johnson being healthy again means Pop doesn't HAVE to start Mills anymore. I'd been under the impression that Patty would start to avoid a Mills/Jones bench back court. But now that Keldon is healthy:

Murray, Mills
    Walker, Vassell
    DeRozan, Johnson
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

with there being a chance that Samanic could get minutes from Lyles or play the three off the bench, with Johnson getting Vassell's minutes. I know a lot of folks don't consider Sam to be a SF candidate, and I'm basically among them. But I think Pop will and even should experiment with that if that's what it takes to get Luka on the floor. When talking about a bench forward, shooting is basically the only thing that matters. I think they'd be able to survive with him there. How Samanic looks in camp and pre-season should help us get a sense of how much he could help the team this season. Unlike a lot of STers, I don't think he was that far away last year. He just needs to start hitting shots, and he can get some minutes at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice vid bro ! you are a natural, flow is good... keep it up. Having some footages behind would be dope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan won't play the three.

Max. 25%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like you man, but please for the sake of my sanity, don't carry your Drew Show tribute avatar on for too long.

I can't stand either Drew Show, nor that ers face. And since you post a bunch, it's like a flash back mixed with repeated insult. I'm gonna be schizophrenic before long.
    I love you too. Drew loved us all and therefore I am able know and understand love. He simply was not able to share that love before his time ended on this forum. But one day, he will return according to the prophecies. And one day, I will write a book to share all of Drew's teachings.

I'm sorry but Drew's legacy will carry on forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love you too. Drew loved us all and therefore I am able know and understand love. He simply was not able to share that love before his time ended on this forum. But one day, he will return according to the prophecies. And one day, I will write a book to share all of Drew's teachings.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C- Jakob Poetl / Trey Lyles
    PF- LaMarcus Aldridge / Rudy Gay / Luka Samanic
    SF- DeMar DeRozen / Devin Vassell
    SG- Derrick White / Keldon Johnson / Lonnie Walker
    PG- Dejounte Murray / Patty Mills

Others:
    C- Drew Eubanks
    PF- Kieta Bates-Diop
    SG- Cam Reynolds
    SG- Quinndary Weatherspoon
    PG- Tre Jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what happened with that weirdo Drew Show?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what happened with that weirdo Drew Show?
    Think he's trying to start his own Spurstalk on Parler or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

nah, he's just re ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rotation will be:

Aldridge/Poeltl
    Lyles/Gay
    DeRozan/Johnson
    Murray/Walker
    White/Mills

Closing line up will be

Aldridge
    DeRozan
    Walker or Johnson
    Murray
    White

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said a few times, this is what I expect a fully healthy rotation to look like:

White, Mills
    Murray, Walker
    DeRozan, Johnson
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

In that group, I think Lyles is the weakest link. I disagree with the video's premise that Lyles is someone the team has to worry about developing. If he does, great. But I hope that the Spurs expect more from their starting four, whether it's Trey or Luka. I don't see Gay's spot to be in any jeopardy. He's better than Lyles and isn't starting because he works better as the bench scorer. If Samanic impresses, he'll start or be the backup three next to Gay. The next-weakest spot would be the starting-two. I think Pop will eventually break up the White/Murray combo. I know some folks have clamored for it and felt vindicated that they played decently in the bubble with that unit. But I think it clearly makes the team worse to start all of their ball-handlers with Aldridge and have a second unit that doesn't have a facilitator. Sure, Murray's not really that either. But ultimately, the guard rotation has advanced to the point where it makes way more sense for Walker, Johnson or even Vassell to get the nod.

This is the rotation I'd like to see:

White, Mills
    Walker, Murray
    DeRozan, Johnson
    Samanic, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

That first unit has the speed, spacing and dynamism to most directly compare to the bubble unit without sacrificing size. The second unit should give Johnson more freedom to grow his offensive game, and he and Murray look like they'd make a good defensive unit.

Johnson being healthy again means Pop doesn't HAVE to start Mills anymore. I'd been under the impression that Patty would start to avoid a Mills/Jones bench back court. But now that Keldon is healthy:

Murray, Mills
    Walker, Vassell
    DeRozan, Johnson
    Lyles, Gay
    Aldridge, Poeltl

with there being a chance that Samanic could get minutes from Lyles or play the three off the bench, with Johnson getting Vassell's minutes. I know a lot of folks don't consider Sam to be a SF candidate, and I'm basically among them. But I think Pop will and even should experiment with that if that's what it takes to get Luka on the floor. When talking about a bench forward, shooting is basically the only thing that matters. I think they'd be able to survive with him there. How Samanic looks in camp and pre-season should help us get a sense of how much he could help the team this season. Unlike a lot of STers, I don't think he was that far away last year. He just needs to start hitting shots, and he can get some minutes at least.
    Presuming relative health, there's no scenario where Samanic is in the rotation or playing SF.

White's latest absence could pave the way in making it easier for Pop to do what he probably prefers to do anyway and play him as a Ginobili esque sixth man. Breaks up the three ball handler dynamic, easier to limit his minutes, make sure he's fresh to run the 2nd unit and close.

Depending on how long White is out, Vassell has a chance to start. It'll probably be Walker initially, but if he struggles in a primary wing defender role, I could see a quick hook.

It won't happen, but in addition I'd still prefer to start Gay and have two units with distincly different styles. No matter the iteration, the goal for the starters should be neutralish. If this team is going to make hay, it has to be with the second unit, which if why giving it an iden y to maximize it is paramount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WTF...

Thread Information