Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not winning the next couple of years so whatever... If things go south he might be the perfect tank commander next to Patty. I have zero problem with this move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Rudy even though he can dress like RuPaul and was a hollow tin can for most of the playoffs. Re-signing him does make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he can still fit in these expensive clothes when he is driving up to San Angelo for an autograph session 20 years from now.
    You in San Angelo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are better with Rudy.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salary earned last year, Real Plus Minus Wins

64) Rudy Gay, $15,944,154 (Ian Mahinmi) very good #3, 15th best SF

Gay had the 64th most RPM Wins. Mahinmi had the 64th highest salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honoring his name, I see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you forgot to quote "talent" as one of the factors
    No I didn't.
    That's the sad part that DDR,LMA and Gay have the talent but not the desire to become better and compete on every possession
    I have to admit there was a practice video posted here a few years a go with Timmy(first preseason retired) coaching up LMA and LMA just quit and walked away from Tim when it got too much for him,that right there gave me huge doubts about his drive and sadly it's been born out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy was great last year. Hopefully he can stick around and continue that. If our young guards can up their play, the West is very much open now. What a difference a year makes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical Spurs moves. Bleh. I don't hate Rudy Gay, but at this point....this team needs a new voice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People not wanting Gay back are dumb. No other way to say it. He's not keeping them from signing or trading for anyone else. Even if the team swings a deal for Bogdanovic, Gay's role as bench-dynamo will just become more solidified. Sure, I don't want a four-year deal either, I'm cool with him for two or even three years if that third year isn't fully guaranteed. He should age well and be worth around $12-15 Million a year going forward.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. Gonna have to listen to the trolls whine their asses off for the next two or three years cos they think established players aren't supposed to make any millions.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a nice town. Hudman Drug Store finally out of business?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol haters gon hate

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can also probably pay him more than over half the teams. If teams strike out in FA, could get interest from one of those teams

Teams without cap space and only MLE available (or taxpayer MLE), or with minimal cap space that will amount to $10mm or less ... order from highest to lowest cap committed per Spotrac:

- OKC
    - MIA
    - CLE
    - TOR (unless Gasol opts out which is unlikely and Leonard leaves)
    - HOU (lol)
    - GS (unless both Curry and Thompson left)
    - DEN (opting out on Millsap and renouncing Lyles doesn’t create enough)
    - DET
    - WAS (even without Jabari unless they can get off Manhimi; have Ariza non-Bird rights anyway)
    - MIN
    - CHA (even if Kemba leaves)

Possibly with space:
    - BOS (Irving/Horford gone, but also need to get off Morris or Rozier cap holds) ... not a fit, need a PG
    - MIL (likely focusing on keeping team together)
    - UTA (Favors option not picked up and they renounce other guys)
    - ORL (only if Vucevic walks)
    - PHI (depends on what happens with their FA)

With space:
    - MEM could have $25-$30+ but need to account for JVal if they keep him. Gay unlikely to go back there given money invested at his position
    - PHX could have around $15 even accounting for Oubre’s hold
    - LAL ... already chronicled by the entire internet how much they might have
    - CHI will be in the $25-$30 range
    - NOP but need to account for high cap hits of 1 and 4 picks, and whether they want to keep Randle
    - SAC will have tons of space as none of cap holds are worth keeping
    - ATL will have room for a max guy but more likely to take on other teams’ trash for assets
    - IND is a big question mark, and everything will depend on what they do with Bogdanovic
    - DAL
    - LAC
    - BKN
    - NYK

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same people complaining would be saying "look everyone is jumping ship!" if Joto signed elsewhere.

He'll be a good mentor for Rui, tbh.
    100000% The same thing goes for DeRozan. If they were to let him go, more than half the forum would complain, "I can't believe PATFO let go a sure fire 21, 6, and 6 guy in his prime just like that, they are absolutely incompetent".

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100000% The same thing goes for DeRozan. If they were to let him go, more than half the forum would complain, "I can't believe PATFO let go a sure fire 21, 6, and 6 guy in his prime just like that, they are absolutely incompetent".
    White will be able to put up those numbers in his sleep, with more efficiency. Murray, White, Walker continue develop. Derozan will be a 5th option behind them and Aldridge. Waste. Of. Space with that salary

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will be able to put up those numbers in his sleep, with more efficiency. Murray, White, Walker continue develop. Derozan will be a 5th option behind them and Aldridge. Waste. Of. Space with that salary
    I'm not so sure about that. DeRozan is still a better scorer, for now, than White. He averaged 48% from the field, so he's not exactly an inefficient chucker. White obviously is the better all round player, primarily because of his great defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White will be able to put up those numbers in his sleep, ...
    Dream on. DDR averaged 21 ppg. White averaged 10, and out of 67 regular season games, White scored more than 20 pts only 5 times. DDR, in 77 games, scored more than 20 pts 29 times. White is never going to be the kind of scorer DDR is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dream on. DDR averaged 21 ppg. White averaged 10, and out of 67 regular season games, White scored more than 20 pts only 5 times. DDR, in 77 games, scored more than 20 pts 29 times. White is never going to be the kind of scorer DDR is.
    It's just not reasonable to expect any of White, Murray or Walker to become a better player than DeRozan is. It's possible that one of them gets there, sure, but very few in the league are that good, so the odds aren't in they're favor. Any DeRozan trade needs to bring back someone worth the talent drop. That could be a guy like Hunter, Barrett, Hachimura or Doumbouya. It probably isn't just cap space or a clear third option like Bogdanovic. There are definitely combinations of assets that are intriguing, but it's going to be a big gamble that any of the young guards is going to be a consistent third option this year, let alone a 1B type.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Glad he's coming back. Will he be the last player signed? Hopefully, Spurs can sign and trade for Bogdonavic for 2yrs, then sign Brogdon for less than 22MM. Then make a run for Giannis when be becomes a UFA.

murray | white | forbes
    brogdon | walker
    bogdonavic | okeke | johnson
    aldrige | gay | metu
    poetl | milutinov | eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a nice town. Hudman Drug Store finally out of business?
    i think so too

I've been here 4 yrs and have not seen that place. Where is/was it? Meyers drugstore is running biz still.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think so too

I've been here 4 yrs and have not seen that place. Where is/was it? Meyers drugstore is running biz still.
    Main St; presumably where it all started. Was across from a Winn Dixie. Nickel scoop ice cream cones. Other food good too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Main St; presumably where it all started. Was across from a Winn Dixie. Nickel scoop ice cream cones. Other food good too.
    nice. well I looked it up. evidently still running. hafta check it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Average second rate trash, aka the Spurs MO post Timmy.

Thread Information