Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love that White was the stopper. ing fantastic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he continues to play like this, could care less a bout his hairstyle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am a fan.He was pretty spectacular tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People wanted Jordan Bell over this guy at the time.
    I am because of our need of a mobile big during the off-season. I thought as well that Jordan Bell would be good, looking at the Warriors right I thought he would have a better production considering that Javale and Zaza leaves then Draymond and Damion were got injured but it seems he's sucking right now - just look at his stats but not sure with the advanced stats though but he dropped his minutes this season compared to last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White reminds me most of Sam Cassell.
    They both may look like aliens, but I don't think they're of the same species or from the same planet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People wanted Jordan Bell over this guy at the time.
    Indeed. I really wanted a big in that draft, so Bell and Bolden still being on the board stung. But I started to change my tune when RC said in the post-draft interview that they thought White had untapped athletic potential. That's really what sets Derrick apart from those steady low-ceiling guards that hover between the d-league and NBA like Archidiacono. You take an intangibles/skills guy and tell me he has above-average athleticism, and you've got me intrigued.

Did someone say "Emails"?
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The guy had a good game and showed some game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. I really wanted a big in that draft, so Bell and Bolden still being on the board stung. But I started to change my tune when RC said in the post-draft interview that they thought White had untapped athletic potential. That's really what sets Derrick apart from those steady low-ceiling guards that hover between the d-league and NBA like Archidiacono. You take an intangibles/skills guy and tell me he has above-average athleticism, and you've got me intrigued.
    Me as well. But once I started watching White more that summer, the more and more I liked him.

White has busted his tail the past two summers. 7 hours a day 6x a week w 3 hours dedicated to shooting. Kid is a well rounded stud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he continues to play like this, could care less a bout his hairstyle
    Let us hope you're repeating those words about Lonnie soon too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huge fan of DW! dude's defense is what excites me. i love hard-nose defenders and white is starting to come out as one of the best in the league atm. very impressed! it was that LA overtime game that really got me watching DW religiously though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many of his plays embarrassed #2 of the Raptors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's unexpectedly swift. He has good vertical athleticism, but what surprises is how quick he is moving with the ball. Not Parker quick, but swift and darting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's skilled finishing contested layups at the basket, too. One of Murray's most frustrating aspects was precisely his one handed floaters that had no chances of going in and how he missed layups he should have made.
    That on top of him not shooting well and passing up shots made him frustrating to watch offensively. White doesn't have that same problem finishing plays at the basket and has a better looking shot.

I hoped Murray was going to be much better offensively this year and he will have to catch up next season, but the point is that White is already ahead in that department.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huge fan of DW! dude's defense is what excites me. i love hard-nose defenders and white is starting to come out as one of the best in the league atm. very impressed! it was that LA overtime game that really got me watching DW religiously though.
    I wonder what kind of phone DW uses tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he went from defending kyrie one game to kawhi in the next

that's a lot of trust from pop

he gave kawhi a lot of fits by never biting on his pump fakes, and instead crowded him. reminded me of the old Chinook and ElNono debates about LDN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he went from defending kyrie one game to kawhi in the next

that's a lot of trust from pop

he gave kawhi a lot of fits by never biting on his pump fakes, and instead crowded him. reminded me of the old Chinook and ElNono debates about LDN
    Sort of. Biting on pump-fakes in a one-on-one case isn't advisable in any case I know. That's completely different from a close-out scenario. People refer to those resets as fakes, but they aren't, in my opinion. A fake is when you never intend to shoot it but make the motion to force a reaction. On those close-outs, the guy intends to shoot and then changes his mind when the defender jumps at him. There's a lot less control and rhythm in the latter scenario, which is why it's more effective.

Interestingly enough, we did talk about ways of countering that type of close-out by embracing the reset and lining up a better shot. Back in the day, teams weren't well-equipped to do that. They seem to be much more able to maintain their concentration nowadays. I think that's the league evolving to counter that type of close-out. I haven't compiled the number for that issue in years, but it's possible that the math has changed as this three-point revolution has progressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick looks like the 2nd panel of an evolution chart but he's easily my favorite player on the roster this season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick looks like the 2nd panel of an evolution chart but he's easily my favorite player on the roster this season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Derrick White fellow might be good

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I interested to see if Pop is 100% committed to DWhite in the SL, including teams like Lakers, Warriors, etc. I hope we have seen the end of Dante in the starting lineup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    give credit where credit is due, why mention any other spurs player not playing just to remain relevant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Derrick seems like a perfect Spur player. He's really stepped up. Hope he can keep it up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me as well. But once I started watching White more that summer, the more and more I liked him.

White has busted his tail the past two summers. 7 hours a day 6x a week w 3 hours dedicated to shooting. Kid is a well rounded stud.
    Where did you get those workout numbers from?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Raptors game was one of the few times I've watched him this year, I didn't realize how ugly this mans is..he makes Kyle Anderson look like Kelly Oubre..

Thread Information