Page 14 of 212 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Republican Party was supposed to be the anti-Democrat Party, but over time, it has lost its way. The Democrat Party is the party of the trail of tears, slavery, jim crowe laws, the KKK, welfare, abortion, high incarceration of minorities, voter fraud, high taxes, big government, minimum wage, labor unions, minimal defense, segregation, open borders, giving citizen rights to non-citizens etc. The Republican Party was to be the party that fought all of that, and did. It freed the slaves, made them citizens, gave them the right to vote, believed in a strong military, lower taxes, fought for women's suffrage, gay rights, civil rights, state's rights, rule by the letter of The Cons ution, pro life, closed borders, a sound legal immigration system, etc. However, power and corruption have changed things over the last few decades, along with technology and more public exposure. To be honest the biggest problem with either party is term limits. We, as cons uents, need to find a way to force Congress into voting for term limits. It is less likely to have massive corruption if you only have a small window of time. Also, you are more apt to get your job done, so you can leave your mark on the country. Without term limits, these people are lazy, fat, compromised, and act as if they are Gods to those who vote them in. Instead of speaking through us, they are speaking for us, and even speaking down to us. They act omnipotent.

House - 12 yrs (six 2 year terms)
    Senate - 12 yrs (two 6 year terms)
    President 12 yrs (three 4 year terms or two 4 year terms + partial term moving from VP to P)

you do realize that trying to be dumber than derp and ducks is a bad thing right?

but, damn if you’re not giving it a shot to take the crown of the dumbest guy on the internet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That MAGA Biggems confusing a conspiracy theory origin story for the NRA with the origin story of the KKK. Easy to see why one would get confused between the two though, same bull .
    I’ll give that mongoloid credit for being right about one thing, the r’s are definitely anti democratic.

he’s really ing stupid. Jesus

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't vote for Trump, but don't let the truth stop you from "fitting in" with the echo chamber.
    oh that’s right.

I’m supposed to believe DMCircleOfThruth and arbiter of the middle ground.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rasmussen poll, one of the most accurate polls of the 2020 election, finds President Trump’s approval is actually rising after Wednesday‘s protests.

As Democrats move to impeachment and some establishment Republicans call for the 25th Amendment to remove Trump, the poll finds 48% approve of the President’s job performance.

A source close to the polling firm that the rolling survey saw Trump’s approval soar to 51% on Thursday night.
    that just means that there are a lot of morons in the USA. Thanks for confirming that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that just means that there are a lot of morons in the USA. Thanks for confirming that
    +1 ... it takes a special kind of stupid to climb a wall when you have steps 20 feet away

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1 ... it takes a special kind of stupid to climb a wall when you have steps 20 feet away

Was that the dead deplorable?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Republican Party was supposed to be the anti-Democrat Party, but over time, it has lost its way.
    Sure, if by "over time" you mean 70 years ago when voters the South started switching to the Republican Party as a response to civil rights orders by Democrat presidents.

The party history lessons are tiresome. Republicans are the party that attracts racists now, as Democrats were 100 years ago. We're not voting for GOP and Dem candidates 100 years ago, so if you're still a Republican because it's the "Party of Lincoln" you're a ing idiot.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Republicans are the party that attracts racists now
    ^ Imagine when this guy realizes not only white people are racist...

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    black people can be wacist too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Democrat Party is the party of the trail of tears, slavery, jim crowe laws, the KKK, welfare, abortion, high incarceration of minorities, voter fraud, high taxes, big government, minimum wage, labor unions, minimal defense, segregation, open borders, giving citizen rights to non-citizens etc. The Republican Party was to be the party that fought all of that, and did. It freed the slaves, made them citizens, gave them the right to vote, believed in a strong military, lower taxes, fought for women's suffrage, gay rights, civil rights, state's rights, rule by the letter of The Cons ution, pro life, closed borders, a sound legal immigration system, etc.
    America education system, folks

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The Republican Party was supposed to be the anti-Democrat Party, but over time, it has lost its way. The Democrat Party is the party of the trail of tears, slavery, jim crowe laws, the KKK, welfare, abortion, high incarceration of minorities, voter fraud, high taxes, big government, minimum wage, labor unions, minimal defense, segregation, open borders, giving citizen rights to non-citizens etc. The Republican Party was to be the party that fought all of that, and did. It freed the slaves, made them citizens, gave them the right to vote, believed in a strong military, lower taxes, fought for women's suffrage, gay rights, civil rights, state's rights, rule by the letter of The Cons ution, pro life, closed borders, a sound legal immigration system, etc. However, power and corruption have changed things over the last few decades, along with technology and more public exposure. To be honest the biggest problem with either party is term limits. We, as cons uents, need to find a way to force Congress into voting for term limits. It is less likely to have massive corruption if you only have a small window of time. Also, you are more apt to get your job done, so you can leave your mark on the country. Without term limits, these people are lazy, fat, compromised, and act as if they are Gods to those who vote them in. Instead of speaking through us, they are speaking for us, and even speaking down to us. They act omnipotent.

House - 12 yrs (six 2 year terms)
    Senate - 12 yrs (two 6 year terms)
    President 12 yrs (three 4 year terms or two 4 year terms + partial term moving from VP to P)
    re

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nixon famously courted the southern white Democrats in the 1960s and 70s along with John Ashcroft who is the brainchild. it should be noted that Ashcroft was also the one with the idea for the war on drugs stating on tape that it would disproportionately impact minority communities which would help them politically.

the George Wallace's and Strom thurmond's went over to the Republican party as a result of this and what is known as the southern migration. they felt the need to do so because the voting's rights act that were passed in the 1960s allowed minority caucuses to take over local state and federal positions in the Democratic party pushing them out. They were also incense to because it was Lyndon Johnson who spearheaded all of these laws that were disenfranchising them.

Really though the GOP gave up any moral claim on race issues in 1875 when they traded power for the end of reconstruction. That was when all of the new voting suppression laws and segregation was put in and shortly after a bunch of Confederate statues that we are now still arguing about.

It sucks how lack of critical thinking particularly and determining source veracity is lacking and taking advantage of by politicals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in fairness most history books gloss over the time period between reconstruction and world war I. They mentioned voting rights Acts of the 1960s but not really the political ramifications of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in fairness most history books gloss over the time period between reconstruction and world war I. They mentioned voting rights Acts of the 1960s but not really the political ramifications of them.
    Also, the period from 1917-1930. Unparalleled racist terrors in the USA.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yep. The period between reconstruction and the New Deal was an ugly time for America. Racism, massive poverty, inequiality, etc. but your usual public education doesn’t touch this era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the period from 1917-1930. Unparalleled racist terrors in the USA.
    Unfortunately the textbook industry is beholden to local politics and there are too many people still intent on whitewashing everything outside of us winning wars since reconstruction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. The period between reconstruction and the New Deal was an ugly time for America. Racism, massive poverty, inequiality, etc. but your usual public education doesn’t touch this era.
    all you hear about is the roaring 20's and great depression, dust bowl, etc

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    all you hear about is the roaring 20's and great depression, dust bowl, etc
    Right, and the “roaring 20s” is a stupid label imo. It was very similar to the 2000s imo, you had religious zealots running the country, rampant growth in wealth inequality, and a giant asset bubble people confused with prosperity. History books depict it as a great time for the country when it wasn’t at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ty for the name calling. I must have struck a nerve with all the demosheep.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just called us a name. We struck a nerve with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how high school history books would paint Upton Sinclair's The Jungle as just a book about how disgusting meat packing plants were, when that was only a couple of chapters and the book was really a call to Communist revolution. I remember one chapter was about banks making home loans to people who couldn't afford them, collecting a few months worth of payments, then evicting the first time they missed a payment and then selling them to the next sucker as brand new. Or another chapter on how they put formaldehyde in milk. Another on crooked plant owners making their workers go vote for the owner's preferred candidate. The book was on the moral rot of capitalist America, but can't tell that in history books that always want to paint this nation as having a steady march towards greatness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL low information re

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how high school history books would paint Upton Sinclair's The Jungle as just a book about how disgusting meat packing plants were, when that was only a couple of chapters and the book was really a call to Communist revolution. I remember one chapter was about banks making home loans to people who couldn't afford them, collecting a few months worth of payments, then evicting the first time they missed a payment and then selling them to the next sucker as brand new. Or another chapter on how they put formaldehyde in milk. Another on crooked plant owners making their workers go vote for the owner's preferred candidate. The book was on the moral rot of capitalist America, but can't tell that in history books that always want to paint this nation as having a steady march towards greatness.
    YUP

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGA will be firing the GOP clowns like Cornyn, Romney, and Lindsey!

Thread Information