Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have no problem with that take tbh

in 2007, Duncan should have won it anyway like by the way in 2014 but thing is Duncan does not give a , like he does not give a about ASG presence
    Its just that we really werent afraid or supposed to lose in 07 tbh. For all we care if oberto played great the whole series he coulda won fmvp since that team didnt have any business being in the finals. I kinda disagree with 2014, if there was a playoffs mvp (which I think is a very good award to make) it would be Tim. But the finals was a tossup between a lot of players and they gave it to the person who really shined the most and unlike in 07, we were facing the b2b champs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its just that we really werent afraid or supposed to lose in 07 tbh. For all we care if oberto played great the whole series he coulda won fmvp since that team didnt have any business being in the finals. I kinda disagree with 2014, if there was a playoffs mvp (which I think is a very good award to make) it would be Tim. But the finals was a tossup between a lot of players and they gave it to the person who really shined the most and unlike in 07, we were facing the b2b champs.
    Because it has been a toss up between let's say tim, kawhi and manu I would have given it to Tim who is with no contest the playoff mvp

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is kawhi banging you tbh?
    is kawhi banging him to be honest? what?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's established that Kawhi's finals numbers weren't a fluke? Or is that still a point of contention? I mean the guy did come through when you needed him to. All you could ever ask for in a player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's established that Kawhi's finals numbers weren't a fluke? Or is that still a point of contention? I mean the guy did come through when you needed him to. All you could ever ask for in a player.
    The problem is that a lot of fans think Kawhi is a superstar when he isn't close to being one. The truth is Kawhi is slightly above average player that is capable of getting you around 12-16 points a game, good rebounder along with being pretty good defensively. Kawhi had 3 great games in the finals but that is no reason to give him a max player designation. He's never had a dominant playoff run like Duncan had in his prime or even Tony Parker. I know the Kawhi supporters will scream that that this is only the case because he's always been the third or fourth option but we also don't know if he would step up to the plate consistently as a number 1 or 2 option. Historically the playoffs are filled with guys getting hot for a series or two that look like superstars. Jaren Jackson looked like an all-star back in 99 during the Lakers series. Fisher looked great against the spurs in the '01 sweep but clearly he wasn't a great player just a guy who got hot at the right time.

Just asses Kawhi's playoff run from last year. He had moments where he looked good and moments where he was invisible. In the first round against Dallas he was sub par. Against the Blazers he was great. Against the Thunder the first two games he was good and then the next two games he struggled. Even against the Heat the first two games he was terrible but the next 3 games he was on fire. Kawhi hasn't proven to me that he's consistent enough to get the max but unfortunately there will be teams that will throw it at him during FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ This is silly, tbh..

Back-to-back playoff runs with a 19 PER and was #1 in both playoff runs for the Spurs in advanced on/off metrics..

Those are rare feats for any player in today's league, calling him a "slightly above average player" is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum, tbh(not surprised coming from that poster, though)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Gives his agent less leverage when we he seeks contracts from other teams in the open market.
    So you want KL to be lowballed? Does hes deserve it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klay Thompson and Chandler Parsons have both been colossal chokers in the playoffs, especially Thompson, yet there are Spurs fans that don't want to pay a player that has proven to elevate his game to new levels in the playoffs..

Players that elevate their games in the playoffs are rare, we're fortunate that Leonard has proven that the pressure and more thorough game-planning doesn't affect him, at all..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His points are very low because he plays with the 1st unit mostly and he is pretty ignored in the offence, Thankfully KL does not need to dominant the ball to be effective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not, how the is he gonna get voted ahead of Kobe, KD, and Jeremy Lin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bottom line playing the ASG or not, dude, in today's market, deserves the max extension and will likely get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously though, who is running OP's account?
    The second poster in this thread.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only in ST is a guy crucified for wanting more ing minutes. Lol Especially when he actually deserves in and we Nt HV bakP sf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans should be begging for that all star appearance, he'll finally get the respect of the refs, he can just bowl everyone over in the lane (he has the size to do so) like WB and draw fouls all day long. We all know stars get treated differently than your average role player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ This is silly, tbh..

Back-to-back playoff runs with a 19 PER and was #1 in both playoff runs for the Spurs in advanced on/off metrics..

Those are rare feats for any player in today's league, calling him a "slightly above average player" is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum, tbh(not surprised coming from that poster, though)..
    Per is a good stat indicator but doesn't always tell hundred percent of the story behind a player. Going by your logic Chris Paul,Barkley,Wade, Neil Johnston,Pet are all better players than Tim Duncan career wise since their career PER averages are higher. Yes I believe Kawhi is an above average player and I will stick to that until he proves me wrong. Answer the question was I wrong with my assessment when I said he's 12-16 point scorer, good re bounder, and defensive player? I really do hope to eat some crow but I'm not convinced he will be able to carry this team once the big 3 is retired. In my eyes his ceiling is a being great number 2 guy on a team. Do you honestly believe he's a max player that can lead a team to the playoffs as the number 1 guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per is a good stat indicator but doesn't always tell hundred percent of the story behind a player. Going by your logic Chris Paul,Barkley,Wade, Neil Johnston,Pet are all better players than Tim Duncan career wise since their career PER averages are higher. Yes I believe Kawhi is an above average player and I will stick to that until he proves me wrong. Answer the question was I wrong with my assessment when I said he's 12-16 point scorer, good re bounder, and defensive player? I really do hope to eat some crow but I'm not convinced he will be able to carry this team once the big 3 is retired. In my eyes his ceiling is a being great number 2 guy on a team. Do you honestly believe he's a max player that can lead a team to the playoffs as the number 1 guy?
    He's always been a 15ppg player, it's around his career average, and would've been higher if hasn't been so injury prone these few seasons (luckily nothing serious) and if he played more than 30mpg. 15ppg, now that's primarily off of his defense, fast breaks, corner 3's, and the few post ups he gets, mostly things he has to create for himself.

Now imagine if they added plays for him, ran him off multiple screens freeing him up like they do Parker all game long, exposing the constant mismatches further developing his already good post game, actually getting him into a rhythm instead of him just touching the ball every 3 minutes or so, giving him those extra mins, and not under 30.

This guy could easily be a 20+ppg scorer, he's always played fantastic when the big 3 were out or when they played like like Manu/TP did in 2013.

People act like Pop threw Parker out there and he was already developed, when in reality it took him YEARS just to develop a single offensive move other than a floater/layup. Players need time they need experience, Pop isn't giving it to Leonard, 29 mpg last year as the 4th option.

Leonard can get SO much better from here, this is just the beginning. It's up to his coach/team to bring it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is becoming a bit overrated. He is a very good young player, but far away to even being considered an All-Star. In the playoffs, Kawhi posted this averages: 14.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.7 asst, 1.7 steals and 0.6 blks, with a TS of .606 and 18.7 PER. To make a comparison, an old shooting guard from the same team, posted this averages in the playoffs: 14.3 points, 3.3 rebounds, 4.1 assts and 1.6 steals, with a TS of .593 and 20.3 PER. In the finals, he had a great explosion and played amazing, but letīs not overreact. Letīs wait before he can even outperform a 36 years old shooting guard from his own team and considered merely a role player at this stage of his career, before crowning him as the next great thing. Kawhi still has a couple of serious flaws about his game and itīs doubtfull he can turn himself a franchise player in the future, let alone a one around whom you can build a winning team. Just my two cents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously though, who is running OP's account?
    timvp

it still hurts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ This is silly, tbh..

what on/off metrics? Only stats Ive seen that kawhi lead the team in last year advanced or otherwise are steals per game and DWS, Manu had the highest plus minus for the spurs in the PO (and finals) this year. Leonard is good, but idiots like apasiloc are terribly overrating him. Ill also add that playing less than 30 mpg and coming off the bench didnt stop manu from making all star games and all nba teams.

and wade, kobe, and even parker compared to leonard in 14. rank these players' finals series:

34.7 pts, 7.8 reb, 3.8 ast, 2.7 stl, 1 blk
    17.7 pts, 9.5 reb, 2.8 ast, .2 stl 1 blk
    32.4 pts, 5.6 reb, 7.4 ast, 1.4 stl 1.4 blk
    24.5 pts, 5 reb, 3.3 ast, .8 stl 0 blk
    17.8 pts, 6.4 reb, 2 ast, 1.6 stl, 1.2 blk
    28.6 pts, 8.0 reb, 3.9 ast, 2.1 stl, .7 blk

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is not going to ing guard lebron or play 40 ing minutes. Lets not act like the offense revolves around kawhi either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when did leonard play 40 minutes? was he the only spur who guarded lebron? Are we really going to continue this narrative that lebron had a bad series against us? It was the rest of the heat that fell apart, not lebron. If anyone was a huge defensive difference maker in that series it was green shutting down wade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey diego I just named more than 2 fmvps that are weaker than Whiwhi. I just woke up from last nigt and still I havent recieved your response...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when did leonard play 40 minutes? was he the only spur who guarded lebron? Are we really going to continue this narrative that lebron had a bad series against us? It was the rest of the heat that fell apart, not lebron. If anyone was a huge defensive difference maker in that series it was green shutting down wade.
    Leonard on Lebron was huge, especially considering Lebron was THE GUY on that team, the main offensive weapon getting touch after touch. He didn't allow Lebron to get in a rhythm, everything was contested, everything Lebron got was difficult, even shots he usually takes he didn't because they'd be too difficult, effectively eliminating MANY scoring opportunities. Spurs didn't have to break their defense doubling him either, that alone was ing huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was he the only spur who guarded lebron?
    No, but Lebron scored the most of his point when Leonard wasn't defending him.

Kawhi was the guy who guarded Lebron better than the others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but Lebron scored the most of his point when Leonard wasn't defending him.

Kawhi was the guy who guarded Lebron better than the others.
    Bbbbut he average 28 points!!!!

Thread Information