Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew’s drawing looks exactly what I’d expect it to look like tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from college, really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would Nike want to keep the rights to a logo they can't use on any other ocassion? I'm all for ing Kawhi up, but that just seems pettiness at it's most bitter version, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from college, really?
    That's what Kawhi's camp claims, but I doubt it. Look how the number 2 is highlighted there. Didn't Kawhi use 15 in college?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew would make great turkeys tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would Nike want to keep the rights to a logo they can't use on any other ocassion? I'm all for ing Kawhi up, but that just seems pettiness at it's most bitter version, tbh.
    Not if Kawhi would be making money off it, Nike should get the sales

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what Kawhi's camp claims, but I doubt it. Look how the number 2 is highlighted there. Didn't Kawhi use 15 in college?
    Tampering. These guys are crooked

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.shopaztecs.com/p-7250-ka...ll-jersey.aspx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patent was awarded to Nike. They would not back down. Kawhi/Uncle Dennis made a terrible move. I hope this one hits them flat in the face.
    Um, you don't patent logos and graphic designs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi party claims Kawhi sketched the original KL2 design in 2011, when he was wearing #15 then?
    Last edited by John B; 07-18-2019 at 03:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nike is being tybaboit it as they cannot market the Klaw without Kawhi that's just stupid.

They should settle and let it go. Unless mute cancer is the one not wanting to settle then Nike is forced to fight.

I would not be surprised if Mute Cancer is this stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the money he took from the Spurs to pay for his rehab he should be glad to buy it. I'm glad they are suing him and hope they win. You can't take someone else's work and claim it's your sole creation. I've never cared he wanted to leave. It was forcing a trade after not playing for an entire season that was lame. Viva Nike!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's embarrassing

BTW didnt Neph wear #15 at San Diego State? Did he choose #2 with the Spurs with the logo in mind?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neph is a sociopath too. He started wearing that in the Finals again despite the ongoing legal dispute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nike is being tybaboit it as they cannot market the Klaw without Kawhi that's just stupid.

They should settle and let it go. Unless mute cancer is the one not wanting to settle then Nike is forced to fight.

Why would Nike just let Kawhi get sales proceeds? How many of those products were sold and continue to sell, or money would be made off that design? It would be funny if Kawhi/Uncle Dennis thought profits would offset money lost. Not

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Balmer's money ensures this gets to a settlement and Kawhi gets his dopey logo.
    You keep saying that. If Ballmer pays anything on Kawhi's behalf, it's against the rules. If Ballmer buys the logo from Nike and then gives it to Kawhi, it's against the rules. Think of any scheme where Ballmer's money gets used to benefit Kawhi, outside of Kawhi's salary, and it's against the rules. You can't pay a player extra money under the table, behind the scenes, or any other way. Minnesota made an under the table deal with Joe Smith, and it cost them five years' worth of first round picks. Ballmer isn't risking that to get Kawhi his logo.

Nike got a trademark on the logo in 2014. Kawhi signed off on it, so he knew they owned that trademark. But then he filed for a trademark on the same logo in 2017, knowing that it didn't belong to him. That's called fraud. And by filing that lawsuit against Kawhi, Nike gains a lot of leverage. Because if Kawhi loses (and he will), he's guilty of fraud and not just copyright infringement. Nike just raised the stakes in the poker game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Nike just let Kawhi get sales proceeds? How many of those products were sold and continue to sell, or money would be made off that design? It would be funny if Kawhi/Uncle Dennis thought profits would offset money lost. Not
    Why would Nike still want to sell kawhi products if they are in. Feud with him?

Logical thing would be to cut ties and settle. Both parties are being greedy imo

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I kind of got the idea he did the same thing to Nike that he did to Toronto. They thought he was going to re-sign a new deal with them, and he already knew he was going to New Balance. And he thought he would just take his logo with him, and let New Balance start slapping it on their shoes.

Nike is just saying the same thing you or I would say: " Kawh… and his uncle... and New Balance." Which reminds me - I haven't said Kawhi in over a week. Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's embarrassing

BTW didnt Neph wear #15 at San Diego State? Did he choose #2 with the Spurs with the logo in mind?
    Neph is not that clairvoyant. They altered that logo and being stupid about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hate him rat bas

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Or Z

I was confused since he didn't wear that number back then.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    You mean Leonard is a basketball player and not an artist too? Stunning discovery.

So Leonard and camp sue Nike asking for a trial to declare who owns what. A few weeks back both sides agree to extend the date for Nike to respond. Interesting. And now Nike is countersuing.

I assume the extension was Nike just effing with Leonard and camp and/or they couldn’t reach a settlement and had to file something.

Back when Leonard sued most experts thought it would never reach court and both sides would settle. It’ll be interesting what they say now.

Thread Information