Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now our team building strategy is wholly dependent upon landing a generational talent. That leaves no margin for error and means we'll either have a Bucks-like transformation with Giannis, or just suck forever. And that's discouraging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd or 3rd best player is a pipe dream based in what we have seen so far but his progress has been adequate, he was a fair pick at 12 will probably have a long career in the NBA.
    Not bad at all, if we forget we passed on Haliburton for him (stupid, stupid move).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which will probably be Brooklyn since they'd have his Bird Rights and are willing to spend.
    can easily replace him with a big for less money, bigs are just making up the numbers on the roster today anyway...i say u trade him for whatever crap, sign baynes on a cheap contract...he take it...

if the pacers wanna do a deal to get rid of contracts, spurs should take turner....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can easily replace him with a big for less money, bigs are just making up the numbers on the roster today anyway...i say u trade him for whatever crap, sign baynes on a cheap contract...he take it...

if the pacers wanna do a deal to get rid of contracts, spurs should take turner....
    You can say that, but you're a re .
    So... off.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Assuming it’s their 2027 FRP, that’s a long ways away from now. Lebron will have retired and AD will be in a wheelchair somewhere. The lakers could be hot ass and in a rebuild by then. Easy trade imo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the article is gaining legs on social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp is getting the web traffic to pay the bills again so we can have back the edit function

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming it’s their 2027 FRP, that’s a long ways away from now. Lebron will have retired and AD will be in a wheelchair somewhere. The lakers could be hot ass and in a rebuild by then. Easy trade imo.

Heck, AD could be in a wheelchair in December.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp is getting the web traffic to pay the bills again so we can have back the edit function
    We have the edit function. It works.

EDIT: No it doesn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl and Richardson are also expiring, and if by young prospect you mean Langford, all indications are that he's nothing but dead weight for the Spurs... no one expects him to contribute or else you'd have seen him in summer league at least. So basically he's in there as a salary filler with negative value, not an asset. That for someone who proved he can be the second best player on a championship team, is almost ridiculously low value. The only reason the Nets might take that is because:
    1) Lakers will need to add draft capital
    2) They have no choice, he's a nutcase with no other market and they'll lose him in a year for nothing.
    Other than that he'd command significantly more than that. In this case, getting his Bird rights actually are extremely important because that almost guarantees you'll get him long term.
    We see it differently...they could surely get assurances from jak and Josh on new contracts before they do the deal and both are highly likely to want to stay with the Nets anyway...as for Langford it just depends on how they see a young former 1st rd draft pick who plays hard on D...if they want him then they value him but if they prefer lowering their tax bill by leaving him out we can accommodate...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We see it differently...they could surely get assurances from jak and Josh on new contracts before they do the deal and both are highly likely to want to stay with the Nets anyway...as for Langford it just depends on how they see a young former 1st rd draft pick who plays hard on D...if they want him then they value him but if they prefer lowering their tax bill by leaving him out we can accommodate...
    Poeltl & Richardson I actually like, don't get me wrong. But for the needs the Lakers have for Kyrie, I definitely think it's not a high price, provided the we get enough draft compensation from the Lakers and/or Nets. As for Langford, I expect nothing from him. But I hope I'm wrong and you're not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/2022/07/15/jak...l-on-the-move/
    A Spurs insider tells me that starting center Jakob Poeltl is likely to be traded by the start of the season. Now that Ayton is back with the Suns, the market for Poeltl should begin to heat up. Josh Richardson is also actively being shopped by the Spurs and could find a new home sooner rather than later.
    Source: LJ Ellis @ SpursTalk
    https://hoopshype.com/2022/07/15/spu...-irving-trade/
    According to multiple sources, the trade that is closest to happening involves Kyrie Irving being sent to the Los Angeles Lakers and Russell Westbrook being routed to the Spurs. To facilitate that trade, the sources tell me the Spurs want an unprotected first round pick from the Lakers.
    Source: LJ Ellis @ SpursTalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to go to HoopsHype to get some Spurs info... I guess that's not necessary anymore.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would start the negotiations with 3 unprotected.

Mortgage the future or waste a couple of Lebron years. I'm good with either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that happens i would feel betray as a Spurs fan, gifting the Lakers such dream scenario, for only one pick which very well be late first, discrase!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with rebuilding is timing.

By the time the 2027 pick conveys, Wesley, Branham, Sochan and Primo will be pretty much as old as DJ Murray (KJ and Vassell will be even older).

At some point, you gotta take a stand. Maybe even turn around and put up a fight (or at least act like it).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You can't ask for what the Lakers don't have son. Most of their tradeable draft picks are in New Orleans.

But your point is well taken

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You can't ask for what the Lakers don't have son. Most of their tradeable draft picks are in New Orleans.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn, man. Broke-ass lakers. Mitch Kupchak would never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry West would have them at 2 more 'chips by now.
    He's with the LA Kawhi's now, where it's not his passion-place to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like exactly the kind of player we should be interested in... yet aren't.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like timvp to bring back the thumbs down feature to get some of the stupid posts on here voted off

Thread Information