Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yes it might end up being another LOL Arsenal thread, but during the 2nd half of last season they started showing positive thigs, even when they lost games (the home loss vs Man City was a good example of that)

They signed Jesus and Zinchenko; Jesus has been impressive, sure it's preseason, but scoring braces and hat tricks vs Chelsea and Sevilla is not a bad performance at all; he also makes plays for others and his movements off the ball are fantastic.

Zinchenko is a instant upgrade at the LB spot an he should benefit from more paying time; he can also play MF.

And Arteta knows them very well from his Man City days.

Martinelli is a talented player who improves every year; same with Oodegard (who was just named Captain by the way)

Negatives : Their defense is still a question mark and Xhaka is a walking red card, and they'll need Jesus to stay healthy.

But so far the Gunners aren't looking so bad; can they compete for top 4? probably not, but nobody picked Leicester to win a le in 2016 either.

City, Liverpool and Chelsea should finish ahead of them, as well a Tottenham if Conte doesn't lose his locker room - he literally killed his players in pre-season training

Man United? Too early to tell, their offense in pre-season under their new manager Ten Haag looked really good, but United has been really cursed since Sir Alex left (and it's just the pre-season)

resistanze NASpurs tbh

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Yes it might end up being another LOL Arsenal thread, but during the 2nd half of last season they started showing positive thigs, even when they lost games (the home loss vs Man City was a good example of that)

They signed Jesus and Zinchenko; Jesus has been impressive, sure it's preseason, but scoring braces and hat tricks vs Chelsea and Sevilla is not a bad performance at all; he also makes plays for others and his movements off the ball are fantastic.

Zinchenko is a instant upgrade at the LB spot an he should benefit from more paying time; he can also play MF.

And Arteta knows them very well from his Man City days.

Martinelli is a talented player who improves every year; same with Oodegard (who was just named Captain by the way)

Negatives : Their defense is still a question mark and Xhaka is a walking red card, and they'll need Jesus to stay healthy.

But so far the Gunners aren't looking so bad; can they compete for top 4? probably not, but nobody picked Leicester to win a le in 2016 either.

City, Liverpool and Chelsea should finish ahead of them, as well a Tottenham if Conte doesn't lose his locker room - he literally killed his players in pre-season training

Man United? Too early to tell, their offense in pre-season under their new manager Ten Haag looked really good, but United has been really cursed since Sir Alex left (and it's just the pre-season)

resistanze NASpurs tbh
    They can definitely finish top 4, given they choked on their d!cks last season while comfortably in 4th at the end of last season

Jesus was a good pickup, I personally think they can be better than Chelsea even. We'll see, they're a walking disappointment for 15+ years (and phuck Xhaka)

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    They can definitely finish top 4, given they choked on their d!cks last season while comfortably in 4th at the end of last season

Jesus was a good pickup, I personally think they can be better than Chelsea even. We'll see, they're a walking disappointment for 15+ years (and phuck Xhaka)
    Chelsea is currently trying to sign every player just for the sake of signing players, it seems their news ownership is lacking vision

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Chelsea is currently trying to sign every player just for the sake of signing players, it seems their news ownership is lacking vision
    Every player except Tristiano, who throw himself at them and they still wouldn't accept.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Every player except Tristiano, who throw himself at them and they still wouldn't accept.
    They wouldn't take Pessi either

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    They wouldn't take Pessi either
    Yeah, they would.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    There was an Arsenal pub I requented when I first started my footy journey. Depression. I dunno how they didn't snag Lewandowski.

From the Undefeated Season Gunners to this endless retooling.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    There was an Arsenal pub I requented when I first started my footy journey. Depression. I dunno how they didn't snag Lewandowski.

From the Undefeated Season Gunners to this endless retooling.
    Lewandowski only wanted Barcelona

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Lewandowski only wanted Barcelona
    I mean in the past before he joined Dortmund.

Szczęsny joined the year before so they must have seen him.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I mean in the past before he joined Dortmund.

Szczęsny joined the year before so they must have seen him.
    ah ok

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Once Thierry Henry left the club for Barcelona, everything went downhill. I think now they have trouble attracting top talent.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Once Thierry Henry left the club for Barcelona, everything went downhill. I think now they have trouble attracting top talent.
    that’s one reason

ownership had to pay for the new stadium which prevented them from signing top players

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Recent past, I usually dislike their signings. They seem to go so young and just unproven OR 2nd tier establishment player - Aubameyang and Xhaka. I think Wenger stuck with a formula too long and its gonna take a bit to shake that ingrained mentality.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Winning against both Spuds And Liverpool has been refreshing, as well as the grind out games. I just want to see some CL ball.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

Yeah just as I thought, Chelsea are some scrubs tbh. LMAO Auba

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    5 pt lead
    resistanze

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Should be good enough head start to get top 4 tbh

I've seen this around the top in 1/2 way through the season so I'm not overly excited, and thye need at least 2 buys in the January transfer window. But overall, happy they gave Arteta a chance to build (after wasting 1.5 years with Emery).

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Should be good enough head start to get top 4 tbh

I've seen this around the top in 1/2 way through the season so I'm not overly excited, and thye need at least 2 buys in the January transfer window. But overall, happy they gave Arteta a chance to build (after wasting 1.5 years with Emery).
    They have a good mixture in age and experience imo.
    They will go through some rough patches.
    I believe this is where the older players can help out if they are calm and not volatile transient types.
    They are fun to watch.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

You gotta had both. Wojtek & Robert.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Curious to see if the long WC break, messes with an Arsenal team that was very much in a groove in the Premier League.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Gabriel Jesus out of world cup and possibly 3 months. They are ed tbh. Need to spend in January.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Brazil will replace him easily, the problem will be if Neymar Jr can’t play anymore in Qatar 2022. For Arsenal may be a problem, though.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    it’s happening!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    resistanze

difjfurufiwwlldkfieodkiakdjw

Thread Information