Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    The People's Champ johnpaulwall21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has his gold medal, what else is there to prove? Scola is finished, the team has progressively gotten worse over the years from age. I just think it's a man that cant let go. I bet he even competes in the Olympics if they qualify. He will be relied on heavily if they even want a chance to compete. So here we go having to pray his body holds up.
    Last edited by johnpaulwall21; 06-20-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really disappointed about this. Watching comeback Manu was a joy this season. Was a complete badass in the playoffs. Hate to have to see Manu end his career playing like that TOSB we saw in 2013.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the whole nationalism and pride thing with Manu but come the on, Argentina sucks balls and they aren't winning especially with such an old ass team. Same thing with Boris/Parker. Their international play has definitely taken something away from our runs and it's pointless because neither France/Argentina is going to win anyway. Just rest already for s sake...

September 22nd, 2013

Yeah, Eurobasket 2013 really took away a lot from Boris/Parker...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'll take it.

Parker, Green, Leonard, Duncan, Gasol
    Mills, Beli, Dudley, Diaw, Splitter
    You'd be begging for Client back after seeing that fat scrub Dudley waddle up and down the court, brick threes, play zero defense, and then whine for sympathy on Twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The in sweaty hand crowd is sure to show up for this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Son of a ! He still need to feel like he owe the team!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay...I'm pissed you Manu ......rest.... Agentina I want a back to back le you wad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be begging for Client back after seeing that fat scrub Dudley waddle up and down the court, brick threes, play zero defense, and then whine for sympathy on Twitter
    You'll be begging for that fat scrub back after you see Manu get hurt in the preseason, brick stupid fadeaway 3's, and give Lebron half of his points

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    September 22nd, 2013

Boris was fine(because he's a role player that plays low minutes) but Parker had his worst regular season in years. Looked terrible in the playoffs outside of those three games against Portland and game 7 against the Mavs. I guess you conveniently forgot about him missing the closeout game against the Blazers or the game 6 against the Thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. 5 is here i dont care i the spurs tank next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad im still high off the spurs ringing or I'd be really pissed...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not fat enough feed me more trophies

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This basically means Spurs have to make a HUGE move in FA for an impact player on the bench. Someone that can take over when Manu's going all 2013 on us. We saw Marco choke hard in the playoffs - he'll never be that guy that can takeover a playoff game. With TOSB Manu and that choker Marco, our bench is going to take a huge hit next year - we're going to need someone that can help them out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has more than earned the right to do whatever the he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wouldn't be surprised of Boris Diaw jumps ship now. Manu went through all that trouble to give his teammates an "emotional" speech on trying to repeat again only to throw out any chance of repeating
    It has been never on the table Diaw not playing tbh

Parker told Boris tried to get him on board

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the national team taking care of him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From mysanantonio.com: "He has said he doesn’t believe that his strong campaign resulted from having last summer off after wearing down the previous season following the 2012 Olympics. Ginobili also suffered a major ankle injury at the 2008 Olympics, after which he played just 44 games during the regular season."

Yeah, definitely no correlation between rest and performance for an NBA player in his late 30's.

I'd like to see Pop just say "You're resting for 2-3 months no matter what. If you're playing in FIBA, we'll see you in January." 3+ months of the reg season is plenty of time for Manu to get integrated, and they can do without him for the first 1/3 of the season. Easily.

SIT HIM OUT FOR A COUPLE MONTHS!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess any fanbase must deal with s bags like the ones who are ing in this thread... Real losers. Cant take them seriously...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a VERY good chance at repeating next year. Manu has basically thrown that out the window for a meaningless international compe ion. Even if Argentina wins, will anybody care? Most of Argentina's watching the world cup right now. A bball tournament is the last thing on their minds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu gonna Manu. This is the third le he's going to cost us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    September 22nd, 2013

I thought you were trying to make the opposite point at first. Parker was completely worn down in the Finals just like Ginobili the year before.

Diaw never average a lot of minutes so it worked to his benefit to continue to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly wouldn't care if he was young nor injury prone, but that isn't the case. His focus should be on the Spurs who took care of him even after that he pulled against Miami last season.

No his focus should be on himself. He is 36 years old and is playing for his national team one more time for his own sake. He is the Michael Jordan of his country and can do whatever he damn well pleases. You are not an athlete, obviously, and you obviously do not hold something so close like foreign players do when playing for their country. Get over yourself. He was our best player this entire playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a VERY good chance at repeating next year. Manu has basically thrown that out the window for a meaningless international compe ion. Even if Argentina wins, will anybody care? Most of Argentina's watching the world cup right now. A bball tournament is the last thing on their minds.

Yes, many people in Argentina will care...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even angry at Manu. How can you be after that awesome post-season run we saw from him this year? I'm more pissed off at the Argentina basketball federation for their lack of player development and having to rely on a 37 year old to bail them out time after time.

Thread Information