Page 58 of 745 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158558 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, that's an underwhelming trade. PATFO better be sticking Ainge up for the 2019 Memphis pick too.

Even if Philly offers up Fultz, Saric, Bayless( i'd hold out for Covington though), 10th pick, plus our choice of Bolden, Parsecniks, or the 26th pick- I think that is a better offer than Brown, Rozier, Marcus Morris plus the Sacramento 2019 1st (probably ends up being in the range of 4-8).
    Are you assuming Kawhi does a sign and trade? Getting Rozier and Brown is a steal for a one and done. Kawhi obviously only wants to go to LA. Why would he help the Spurs when he is mad at them too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t believe that photo is still being questioned, it’s from 2017, that guy was trolling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t believe that photo is still being questioned, it’s from 2017, that guy was trolling
    That's the problem with our social media culture. Any nobody can serve up some bull report, and for every person calling it out for the bull that it is, there will be 100 people eating it up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard now his camp wants the no trade clause with the Super Max which makes it a bad deal since they would be able to dictate where he gets traded to in the future.
    So they're just piling on demands, rather than being conciliatory? Sounds like they just want to force a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard now his camp wants the no trade clause with the Super Max which makes it a bad deal since they would be able to dictate where he gets traded to in the future.
    Cant trust their team. What is the difference if he can just stage a medical holdout. And then you have to match salaries in a trade. Can we get fair value back and with a no trade clause? Probably not that simple. Let alone the chronic nature of his injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peter Vecsey: Combined with the incontrovertible fact that Kawhi’s placid personality is a perfect fit in San Antonio and torturously unfit to cope with the media madness of Los Angeles and New York — even Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago and Miami — I’m convinced a reconciliation is imminent. The fact Kawhi is building a home in San Antonio for himself, and one, I’m told, for his mother, somewhat bolsters that conclusion … though athletes’ custom-made residences certainly don’t guarantee an iota of permanency

Peter Vecsey: In a cell conversation yesterday with Kawhi’s fringe friend (see above car quote), my first words were ones I’ve often promoted: “You know, I’m only as good as my source. What can you tell me?” Enough so that I’m thoroughly disinclined to believe Kawhi and Pop can’t patch things up, predominantly because their relationship isn’t in need of a large patch. From what I’m told, they’ve never exchanged harsh words or gone off on each other. A single problem existed last season that would not go away: Kawhi’s caregivers and doctors felt his repaired quad wasn’t entirely healthy when he returned 28 games into the season. After nine, some very effective, minute-monitored games, they insisted he return to rehab

Peter Vecsey: But there is a reason they’re called ‘team’ doctors, and not players’ doctors … they’re paid by the team. “The media made it seem as if the Spurs and Kawhi’s people weren’t communicating. Like they didn’t know where he was and how things were going,” my source said. “They were in constant touch. I think Pop made Mitch wear a helmet cam. “The Spurs had their opinion regarding what should be done. Kawhi’s people disagreed. I don’t see any reason why both sides can’t move forward together.”

https://www.patreon.com/posts/kawhi-...QUAmS62aKmdiM8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you assuming Kawhi does a sign and trade? Getting Rozier and Brown is a steal for a one and done. Kawhi obviously only wants to go to LA. Why would he help the Spurs when he is mad at them too?
    Is it? Brown is nice and a top 7 pick is fine but a healthy Leonard is a top 3 player in the league. Even if it is a 1-year deal and Kawhi has some say where he ends up, it still provides Boston an advantage to retain him with bird rights.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peter Vecsey: Combined with the incontrovertible fact that Kawhi’s placid personality is a perfect fit in San Antonio and torturously unfit to cope with the media madness of Los Angeles and New York — even Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago and Miami — I’m convinced a reconciliation is imminent. The fact Kawhi is building a home in San Antonio for himself, and one, I’m told, for his mother, somewhat bolsters that conclusion … though athletes’ custom-made residences certainly don’t guarantee an iota of permanency

Peter Vecsey: In a cell conversation yesterday with Kawhi’s fringe friend (see above car quote), my first words were ones I’ve often promoted: “You know, I’m only as good as my source. What can you tell me?” Enough so that I’m thoroughly disinclined to believe Kawhi and Pop can’t patch things up, predominantly because their relationship isn’t in need of a large patch. From what I’m told, they’ve never exchanged harsh words or gone off on each other. A single problem existed last season that would not go away: Kawhi’s caregivers and doctors felt his repaired quad wasn’t entirely healthy when he returned 28 games into the season. After nine, some very effective, minute-monitored games, they insisted he return to rehab

Peter Vecsey: But there is a reason they’re called ‘team’ doctors, and not players’ doctors … they’re paid by the team. “The media made it seem as if the Spurs and Kawhi’s people weren’t communicating. Like they didn’t know where he was and how things were going,” my source said. “They were in constant touch. I think Pop made Mitch wear a helmet cam. “The Spurs had their opinion regarding what should be done. Kawhi’s people disagreed. I don’t see any reason why both sides can’t move forward together.”

Doesn't mean anything I remember way back in '96 Shaq buying his mom a home in Orlando and then going to LA a few months later in FA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The problem isn't with Pop and Kawhi...I think Pop even said in a Q&A this year, "What can I do? I like the kid." The problem is with the people surrounding Kawhi and everyone else...and the team's frustration is probably because they have no idea where the separation is between Kawhi and his group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it? Brown is nice and a top 7 pick is fine but a healthy Leonard is a top 3 player in the league. Even if it is a 1-year deal and Kawhi has some say where he ends up, it still provides Boston an advantage to retain him with bird rights.
    Rozier is a serious upgrade over any of our current guards plus you still have to throw in more to match salaries like aarcus Morris and a draft pick. LA, Magic, and their city sponsors are salivating. Unless we are orchestrating a trade with LA (not smart) I doubt we get more. I am wary Boston would even give that much up yet either. To me Fultz with his injury is a big risk compared to Brown and Rozier who are coming from a system that would fit well with the Spurs as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Young is a s bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rozier is a serious upgrade over any of our current guards plus you still have to throw in more to match salaries like aarcus Morris and a draft pick. LA, Magic, and their city sponsors are salivating. Unless we are orchestrating a trade with LA (not smart) I doubt we get more. I am wary Boston would even give that much up yet either. To me Fultz with his injury is a big risk compared to Brown and Rozier who are coming from a system that would fit well with the Spurs as well.
    Boston would have to come up with 18-22 mil money match. The only way to do that is to toss in someone like Kyrie, and add a few Spur players for the salary of Brown, and Rozier. You can't make it work with just Brown, Morris and Rozier. In fact Boston players are either making mega cash or little cash. Options of sign and trades with Green, Smart, and Parker could be used to balance things but then someone may get over paid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Young is a s bag.
    Yup dude is very thirsty for a job on ESPN and doesn't even hide it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they were smart the would make the other take on Pau or Patty with him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way they give up Tatum and Brown, no matter what Trump says .
    if they are willing to part with the Memphis and Kings 2019 picks plus Rozier, Brown and Morris then that is obviously a better deal with a former lottery pick and a top 7 pick (Kings) plus another that is probably going to fall into the 10-15 range (Grizzlies).
    I'm not expecting them to offer Tatum and brown. I just think it's the only way they can best the Philly offer you suggested.
    I also think that Philly offer is a good bit better than the Boston offer including the Sacramento and Memphis pick next year in a much weaker class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had shoulder surgery and couldn't shoot, afterwards. If he regains his form then he is the same player that posted 23.5 ppg, 6 rebs, and 6 asts and shot 47% and 40% from the floor and 3 in college and was taken #1 last year.
    He’s already had shoulder surgery, a physical problem, and a case of the yips, a mental problem. He was always a chucker. This is the centerpiece of your deal for an all NBA player? No thanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Antonio Daniels this is an old photo
    Old photo from 2017. The dbag who posted it on twitter lied.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a real pic.

And its recent.

Pop is already back in San Antonio though so this had to be from the past week or two.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Young is a s bag.
    Did something recent precipitate this, or is this just a general observation based on his recent "reportage"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vitale a little behind, lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vitale a little behind, lol

Tbh any of us that believed this (myself included) were fools. If they ever are to meet it’ll be private behind closed doors, not at a in steakhouse or whatever restaurant this is

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh any of us that believed this (myself included) were fools. If they ever are to meet it’ll be private behind closed doors, not at a in steakhouse or whatever restaurant this is
    I’m sure uncle Dennis will insist on being there as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for posting this. Do you pay $5 a month for Vecsey's Patreon? Is it worth reading?

Thread Information