Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2178
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No question that Tatum, as of now, looks better than Ingram...and that the latter is in a doubtful phisical situation. But the point is not about a choice of Tatum or Ingram...and no Celtics player has a combination of years of rookie contract salary/quality like the Kuzma one.
    As for Ball, he's still considered valuable to the point Phoenix and Chicago are rumored to have both offered their draft pick...
    So the starting offer for LA, if they really want to compete, could be (if Ball isn't valued that much from the Pels) 2 draft picks in the top ten and one or both of Ingram and Kuzma...
    If that's not better than the supposed Boston offer (Ainge is not known for dealing his assets easily, and I'm not so sure he's gonna offer both Tatum and Brown) let's say its at least comparable... and ad the fact that LA is one of the four Davis already would agree to sign an extension for...(Boston not).

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS: NBA: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Duke's RJ Barrett could be a good fit for the Knicks at No. 3
    Zion Williamson is still a clear No. 1 and one of his Blue Devil teammates could be headed to New York
    by Gary Parrish GaryParrishCBS 2 hrs ago [AKA 6 June 2019]

team logo
    Spurs

Keldon Johnson | Kentucky | Fr | SG | 6-6 | 216

Kentucky should have three players selected in the top 20 of this NBA Draft — and they really could go in any order. For what it's worth, I have Johnson the last to come off the board. But if he's actiually the first, it won't be surprising considering the 6-6 wing is a nice athlete who shot 38.1% from 3-point range on three attempts per game this season. He was a big reason why Kentucky was just a shot away from making the Final Four for the fifth time in a 10-year span under John Calipari.
    team logo
    Spurs

Pick acquired via trade with Toronto

Dylan Windler | Belmont | Sr | SG | 6-8 | 196

Windler entered Belmont as a mostly unheralded prospect but is leaving as one of the nation's most productive players. The 6-8 senior averaged 21.3 points and 10.8 rebounds in 33.2 minutes per game this season while registering the nation's 10th-best Player Efficiency Rating and leading the Bruins to their first win in NCAA Tournament history. Beyond that, Windler shot above 42% from 3-point range in each of the past two seasons, which suggests he'll be a reliable shooter in the NBA and a space-the-floor forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Oregonian: NBA mock draft 2019: Zion Williamson No. 1; Trail Blazers add a scoring forward, Oregon Ducks’ Bol Bol a lottery pick
    Updated 9:47 AM; Today 9:32 AM [AKA 6 June 2019]
    By Geoffrey C. Arnold | The Oregonian/OregonLive

19. San Antonio Spurs: Nickeil Alexander-Walker, SG, Virginia Tech
    (AP Photo/Robert Franklin)

Alexander-Walker’s decision to return to the Hokies for his sop re season was a good one. He helped the Hokies reach the Sweet 16 for the second time in school history by averaging 16.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 4.0 assists a game. The 6-5 Alexander-Walker is versatile, with the ability to play at both guard positions and can defend at least three positions. Scouts like his cerebral approach to the game and desire to learn.
    29. San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto): Luka Samanic, PF, Croatia

The Spurs have a well-deserved reputation for uncovering international players (Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Leandro Barbosa) in the draft. They didn’t have to do much digging to know about Samanic, who wowed at the combine. He performed extremely well on the first day, so well that he didn’t play again for the remainder of the combine, figuring he had propelled himself into the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Analyzing Riskiest Prospects and 1st-Round Predictions
    Zach Buckley
    June 6, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs: Brandon Clarke, PF/C, Gonzaga
    29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto Raptors): KZ Okpala, SF/PF, Stanford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nbadraft.net: 2019 Extended Mock Draft 3.0
    By Aran_Smith
    Thu, 06/06/2019 - 12:01pm

Nicolas Claxton 6-11 215 PF Georgia So Claxton was the breakout star of the combine. He is a versatile big with the ability to play an athletic brand of basketball, and impact both ends of the floor. He's shown a surprising ability to knock down shots after the season in which that wasn't a huge part of his game at Georgia. While somewhat under scouted this year, he has really come on of late and is trending in the right direction. He could end up being this year's Pascal Siakam

Why the Spurs take Nicolas Claxton: Claxton's shot shows some promise and what better place to land than San Antonio where he could work with the premiere shot doctor in the business in Chip Engelland. He made the difficult decision to keep his name in the draft and it should work out well for him as there is a good chance he will go in the 20s with a chance to go this high.

NBA Comparison: Pascal Siakam
    Matisse Thybulle 6-6 200 SG/SF Washington Sr. Thybulle's supreme length and attention on that end, makes him one of the top defenders in the entire draft. He struggled on the offensive end for much of his career at Washington. But his three point shot finally started to click, giving him excellent 3-D upside. With a 7+ foot wingspan, Matisse has elite defensive potential. Thybulle showed some solid improvement in his outside shooting in his senior year.

Why the Spurs take Matisse Thybulle: Perhaps the Spurs were the ones to promise Thybulle with their second 1st rounder. He opted to skip the combine, fueling speculation of a promise. The Spurs continue to find excellent value in the bottom half of the first round, and this year should be no different.

NBA Comparison: Wes Iwundu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No question that Tatum, as of now, looks better than Ingram...and that the latter is in a doubtful phisical situation. But the point is not about a choice of Tatum or Ingram...and no Celtics player has a combination of years of rookie contract salary/quality like the Kuzma one.
    As for Ball, he's still considered valuable to the point Phoenix and Chicago are rumored to have both offered their draft pick...
    So the starting offer for LA, if they really want to compete, could be (if Ball isn't valued that much from the Pels) 2 draft picks in the top ten and one or both of Ingram and Kuzma...
    If that's not better than the supposed Boston offer (Ainge is not known for dealing his assets easily, and I'm not so sure he's gonna offer both Tatum and Brown) let's say its at least comparable... and ad the fact that LA is one of the four Davis already would agree to sign an extension for...(Boston not).
    Sorry, that doesn't compete with Tatum and two lottery picks, one this year and either next year's Memphis pick, or a completely unprotected Memphis 2021 pick. And why would N.O. want 3 top 10 picks in the same weak sauce draft? Boston doesn't even need Brown involved, and the deal is better than LA's. None of Ball, Ingram, or Kuzma will be anything other than NBA starters. Tatum can be a genuine super star, and has said he would be fine being the face of the franchise in N.O. I don't think that N.O. give a rat's ass where AD wants to go, especially since LA's package is arguably the weakest of the bunch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said Okpala twice, and Windler once. Both of those are mistakes.
    Clever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Accidentally posted in wrong thread before

Atlanta looking to move #1 picks so,

Atlanta sends Taurean Prince, 2019 #8, #10

San Antonio sends Bryan Forbes, 2019 #49, 2020 #1, 2021 #2, 2023, #1

Possibly send Toronto’s #29 pick to Sixers for #33 and #34

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said Okpala twice, and Windler once. Both of those are mistakes.
    Windler and Okpala are projects the Spurs can turn into stars because of their development staff I believe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Atlanta just got the 17th pick. They have so many picks now. What is their plan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

well....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two first round picks to salary dump a player on an expiring deal? Woah, the cost of salary cap space is high right now.
    Last edited by timvp; 06-06-2019 at 04:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two first round picks and a useful player to salary dump a player on an expiring deal? Woah, the cost of salary cap space is high right now.
    Crabbe is the salary dump. Nets now have space for two max contracts, hoping for Durant and Irving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crabbe is the salary dump. Nets now have space for two max contracts, hoping for Durant and Irving.
    If they pulled the trigger today that means Screaming A. Smith's report from yesterday,that Kyrie to Nets is a lock has substance and he was not talking out of his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windler and Okpala are projects the Spurs can turn into stars because of their development staff I believe
    Windler will never be a star, and he'll be very fortunate to ever start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta trade Prince to Brooklyn for their 1st and Crabbe which jf they don't keep Russell gives Brooklyn 2 max contract slots

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...32660674506752

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crabbe is the salary dump.
    Yeah, he also has an expiring deal. I meant that the cost to salary dump a player -- even one that is expiring after the coming season -- is high. Any hopes of, for example, trading away Patty Mills or even Belinelli without having to give up much went out the window.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two first round picks and a useful player to salary dump a player on an expiring deal? Woah, the cost of salary cap space is high right now.
    It was a lot of salary, though. The offset is like $16M.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he also has an expiring deal. I meant that the cost to salary dump a player -- even one that is expiring after the coming season -- is high. Any hopes of, for example, trading away Patty Mills or even Belinelli without having to give up much went out the window.
    I don’t know, it’s seems like a Nets specific situation. They want to open up the space for Kyrie NOW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know, it’s seems like a Nets specific situation. They want to open up the space for Kyrie NOW.
    Right. I'm not sure that sets the market, other than maybe teams clearing max slot for FAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=r0drig0lac;9829305]well....

[

/ I was uncorking a truly fine 1985 Cabernet for my guests at the time and looked up and saw that Brooklyn beat us to the punch. My bad.

Your the best Pop

Thanks Bobo, but pickup R.C. and put him back on his chair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, if SA values Mills and hes a great culture guy, he should have more value than Crabbe right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No brainer trade for Atl and well done to them. They are building a nice team, being smart and realistic about free agency and waiting one more year to make a “splash” when they really weren’t going to make a splash anyways while netting two firsts? Just fantastic GM’ing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of folks believe that Cov has value beyond most All-Stars. While I don't believe he's worth much more than the package you suggested, if the Wolves were willing to trade him (and that's a big if), they'd only do so for much more. Like, they'd want at least Walker added to that, and they'd likely want to dump Dieng in the process. No one would fit the current team more than Cov, though.

I'm not surprised to see speculation on the Spurs moving 29 for a win-now player, though. I believe PATFO predicted this was going to be a very good draft to have two first-rounders in, so they shouldn't give that pick up unless it's for a real difference-maker. I think Amico is just making up. The Celtics have to trade firsts almost in self-defense, but the Spurs have room and a long-term need to justify two guaranteed rookies. It's 49 and Milutinov that would have a harder time making the cut this year. I don't see the Spurs bringing in four rookies, but I think they'd be prepared to handle it.
    Probably, but the Minni roster construction is terrible with that Wiggins deal in the books. Adding a stretch 4 and a SG (maybe added Bryn over Marco) with good stroke, provides better balance around Towns. I get the face saving impulse after the loopsoded Butler trade, but at some point they’ll need a Raptors style shake up. Holding on to Cov and Dario just for s and giggles doesn’t make sense.

Thread Information