Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The jazz are the best team in the NBA and the nyets arent even leading the Eastern standings. Really the top of the NBA is very pedestrian records, looks more like pro baseball at this point. Gone are the days of teams trying to win in the high 60s and chase 70 wins. I get that it's a shortened season but the same concept still applies, i.e. in 2011-12 it was shortened but the top teams had much higher win %'s.

I think the 16 warriors and how that outcome turned out, winning 73 games but losing the big prize, really lead to the modern load management era league of "meh regular season don't matter" which honestly sucks for the game and greatly reduces the significance of the regular season compared to past eras, almost like it's baseball
    The NBA and all their back to back games/scheduled losses caused it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the significance of the regular season compared to past eras, almost like it's baseball.
    lol regular seasons in the past eras wereen't that significant

In the 90s, some star players during interviews were asked what is the one thing they would change and the usual answer was the length of the regular season, some Dream Teamers even suggested reducing it to 60 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh all he had to do was beat Dallas and he would be considered the GOAT. He would have 5 rings, 5 Finals MVPs, 4 MVPs, 16X All-NBA, and going to the finals 10 times is an amazing achievement. And once you add on his #1 in points record then it would cement it even more.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    No doubt MJ had a much more favorable situation than Lebron did. But Lebron also had something to do with some of those bad contracts. He's always tried to play GM and Cleveland went after every shiny object that became available in order to appease him.
    should they not try to get him good supporting talent?

problem was they couldn't draft worth a crap, and didn't know how to manufacture trades worth a crap.

and in addition, it didn't help when boston and LA were able to trade away worthless crap to build superteams. bron was put in a situation through no fault of his own where he either could stay and be remembered as a ringless disappointment like malone (of which no one gives a crap about his "loyalty" because he didn't win jack) or make his own path, create a legacy of his own (despite displeasing some about the "loyalty" aspect) and get to legitimately compete for multiple championships

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh all he had to do was beat Dallas and he would be considered the GOAT. He would have 5 rings, 5 Finals MVPs, 4 MVPs, 16X All-NBA, and going to the finals 10 times is an amazing achievement. And once you add on his #1 in points record then it would cement it even more.

2014 Lebron is not getting bailed out by Lord Poppy .

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA and all their back to back games/scheduled losses caused it, tbh.
    Huh? It used to be worse than it is now. Before 2017 they started the season on the last tuesday of November not the second.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sure, but I feel like if they were not so pressured by him, they could have made more calculated decisions.

There's no excuse for their poor drafting and developing, though. And that aspect falls entirely on the FO.

should they not try to get him good supporting talent?

problem was they couldn't draft worth a crap, and didn't know how to manufacture trades worth a crap.

and in addition, it didn't help when boston and LA were able to trade away worthless crap to build superteams. bron was put in a situation through no fault of his own where he either could stay and be remembered as a ringless disappointment like malone (of which no one gives a crap about his "loyalty" because he didn't win jack) or make his own path, create a legacy of his own (despite displeasing some about the "loyalty" aspect) and get to legitimately compete for multiple championships

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You could argue top 5.

My top 10 goes something like this:

1.) MJ
    2.) Kareem
    3.) Wilt
    4.) Duncan
    5.) Russell
    6.) Bird
    7.) Magic
    8.) Lebron
    9.) Shaq
    10.) Dream
    This is very similiar to my 10. Well done.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yup, that 2014 team was still pretty good. Wade was not his usual self but neither was Manu or Parker. You take prime Jordan and place him on that heat team and they win in 6 , imo. Kawhi would have shat himself with Jordan in his ear

2014 Lebron is not getting bailed out by Lord Poppy .[/QUOTE]

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Sure, but I feel like if they were not so pressured by him, they could have made more calculated decisions.

There's no excuse for their poor drafting and developing, though. And that aspect falls entirely on the FO.
    the bulls were pressured far worse by MJ who repeatedly threatened to retire abruptly or sit out games if he didnt get help, yet they still turned out fine. idk why you keep reaching to find ways to discredit lebron

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Yup, that 2014 team was still pretty good. Wade was not his usual self but neither was Manu or Parker. You take prime Jordan and place him on that heat team and they win in 6 , imo. Kawhi would have shat himself with Jordan in his ear

2014 Lebron is not getting bailed out by Lord Poppy .
    yep for a team that lacked shooting and size, replacing one of their best shooters and biggest players with a smaller crappier shooter is the perfect solution to the spurs defensive gameplan for them

either way, you obviously dont pay attention or watch basketball, because you would know the real issue in that series was not the miami offense or anything lebron did or didnt do offensively. the issue was spos trash gameplan to double and trap relentlessly, which the spurs figured out and made them pay with good spacing and movement, shooting 47% from three. and spo thought eventually they would cool off, which clearly did not happen (as if the answer to a hot shooting team is to keep giving them wide open looks ). not exactly sure how mike would fix that, would love to hear your explanation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was the biggest Lebron hater before he joined LA, even i had him as an easy top 5 entry, arguably top 3, after he beat Golden State in 2016.

Still think MJ is the GOAT but the case can definitely be made for Lebron, if he gets #5 and reaches #1 in all time points total.
    '13 Spurs, '16 Warriors and '21 Nets are better than anything MJ ever faced in the playoffs tbh.
    No friggin way he is 4-6 in finals despite hand picking teams and is the stat king PED enhanced likely of all time. Not even top three

Jordan - true GOAT
    Kareem - all around greatest accomplishments and near GOAT
    Russell - greatest winner

James could not even lead LA to playoffs without DaQuit.

Stop the sublime argument- James skipped college and has 4 years of meaningless stats period more than the real GOATs

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    No friggin way he is 4-6 in finals despite hand picking teams and is the stat king PED enhanced likely of all time. Not even top three

Jordan - true GOAT
    Kareem - all around greatest accomplishments and near GOAT
    Russell - greatest winner

James could not even lead LA to playoffs without DaQuit.

Stop the sublime argument- James skipped college and has 4 years of meaningless stats period more than the real GOATs
    shut up

Thread Information