Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crap list catering to modern day casuals tbh.

lilliard. ��

At least they didnt put tmac and other colossal chokers on it. But twitter world seemed most outraged by tmac getting the snub. �� casuals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id like to see danny green check shaq or malone and literally make them cry
    Kevin Willis and Malik Rose made Shaq (and Kobe, Fisher, etc.) cry and that didn't get them a spot on that list, tbh.

Hustling for the camera doesn't really make someone a good defender, tbh. In fact, diving into the fifth row is usually bad strategy, if we're being honest. The offensive equivalent would be like saying someone is a good offensive player because they do a lot of no look passes. I can't remember a standout "hustle play" from Duncan or Robinson but they were obviously great defenders.

Having Jordan and Pippen on your team and winning by 50 or whatever would make anyone look like a great defender

Shaq still played well in that game and in that series. If Shaq and Rodman switch teams that series, the Bulls sweep the Magic by an average of about 80 points.

Bill Laimbeer was a more important player to those Pistons teams and no one even thought about putting him on the top 75. Taking away the wedding dress, the hair color, the antics, the historically great teams he found himself on (that would have been great with or without him) and Rodman is Reggie Evans with worse offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like stat padding regular season non pressure stuff.

NBA: When will Chris Pauls team go out of the playoffs next year? (spurstalk.com)

His bandwaggoning on to Phoenix is by far the farthest the ball hog ever went.
    At spouting team based results without context.

Kevin Willis and Malik Rose made Shaq (and Kobe, Fisher, etc.) cry and that didn't get them a spot on that list, tbh.

Hustling for the camera doesn't really make someone a good defender, tbh. In fact, diving into the fifth row is usually bad strategy, if we're being honest. The offensive equivalent would be like saying someone is a good offensive player because they do a lot of no look passes. I can't remember a standout "hustle play" from Duncan or Robinson but they were obviously great defenders.
    I could have sworn it was the then best player in the world that was primarily responsible for this.

At the 1:16 mark: San Antonio Spurs' Winning Run - YouTube

I agree with the sentiment about Rodman, though. The list in general is terrible. So many of the voters had no business being involved for what should have been obvious reasons in most cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was young AF when I started watching (mid 90s tbh) so there's definitely some nostalgia tint in there but prime Shaq was the most dominant player I've ever watched. I'd have no problem with someone putting Shaq over everybody else if we're ranking absolute peaks tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Spurs fans love to hate Kobe, but dude won 5 rings and was absolutely dominant. Its insane to think he's not top 10 imo.
    He's definitely not top 10. He's somewhere between 11-20. As great as Kobe was he was pretty inefficient. He shot 44 percent for his career which is a bad percentage. He was too streaky and inconsistent to be a top 10 all time great. He had games where he wouldn't miss but he also had an equal amount games where he was awful shooting 9-27. He also benefitted from having Shaq and then Gasol-Bynum-Odom to clean up his bricks. Playing would those guys gave him a huge margin of error to make mistakes and still be able to win.
    Last edited by daslicer; 10-23-2021 at 01:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A motivated,focused rodman is easily a top 100 player. Top 75 is surprising however. Mad love for the worm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Having Jordan and Pippen on your team and winning by 50 or whatever would make anyone look like a great defender

Shaq still played well in that game and in that series. If Shaq and Rodman switch teams that series, the Bulls sweep the Magic by an average of about 80 points.

Bill Laimbeer was a more important player to those Pistons teams and no one even thought about putting him on the top 75. Taking away the wedding dress, the hair color, the antics, the historically great teams he found himself on (that would have been great with or without him) and Rodman is Reggie Evans with worse offense.
    Naw lambeer And rodman were equally good at making guys lose their cool and punch them in the face. Rodman was far superior to lambeer on defense though.

kbd is danny green,rodman is green lol. If green shaved his head and learned to dribble i guess hed be mj lulz

And whats with comparing everyone to danny green?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

they're putting melo over him. and over tony and manu.
    called it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad list. No like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the TNT video Tony and Manu weren't even mentioned in the "snub" list.

The disrespect is amazing....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A motivated,focused rodman is easily a top 100 player. Top 75 is surprising however. Mad love for the worm
    He was nothing more than a super charged role - player that could never, ever carry a team even on his best day. Most overrrated NBA player in history....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman doesn’t deserve on the list. Kinda laughable when you consider all the off and on court problems. All time rebounder. I don’t think Manu deserves on the list either but he billboarded a move that is still being used today. Much more deserving over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the TNT video Tony and Manu weren't even mentioned in the "snub" list.

The disrespect is amazing....

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    90s nostalgia blinders in full effect with the people that put Reggie and Rodman on this list.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's an obvious Knicks and Lakers bias, as expected. Something like 5 Knicks players from the 70s were included with their two les. We won 4 les and sustained excellence over two decades like the league has never seen, yet Tony and Manu are shut out. If they were playing in LA, they'd be NBA royalty and compared to James Worthy. If Tim played in LA, he'd be valued over Kareem.

It is what it is. I'll be forever thankful that our small market team had the run we had with unprecidented leadership, teammates, and a Top-5 player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely not top 10. He's somewhere between 11-20. As great as Kobe was he was pretty inefficient. He shot 44 percent for his career which is a bad percentage. He was too streaky and inconsistent to be a top 10 all time great. He had games where he wouldn't miss but he also had an equal amount games where he was awful shooting 9-27. He also benefitted from having Shaq and then Gasol-Bynum-Odom to clean up his bricks. Playing would those guys gave him a huge margin of error to make mistakes and still be able to win.
    Kobe played in the most inefficient era of the NBA. Yes, he played with Great players. So? Most great players do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's an obvious Knicks and Lakers bias, as expected. Something like 5 Knicks players from the 70s were included with their two les. We won 4 les and sustained excellence over two decades like the league has never seen, yet Tony and Manu are shut out. If they were playing in LA, they'd be NBA royalty and compared to James Worthy. If Tim played in LA, he'd be valued over Kareem.

It is what it is. I'll be forever thankful that our small market team had the run we had with unprecidented leadership, teammates, and a Top-5 player.
    Well said. Put even someone like Dave DeBusschere on the Spurs instead of the Knicks and no one would even consider putting him on the top 75. , even Reggie Miller only made it because of his e Lee connection. But, eh, whatever, that's part of being a fan of a small market team. They can forget about you but they can't take away those five (5) championships, tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dave DeBusschere ever making the top 50 was such a joke. And yeah Worthy was a nice player, but I'll take Parker over him any day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd definitely put him above Bird and probably Shaq and Hakeem. Shaq is more debateable tho and neither is open and shut.
    The first, second and third priorities when going against those Lakers teams was stopping Shaq. You had to have like at least four options because otherwise he'd overwhelm your whole team. Kobe was obviously great but you almost had to just live with whatever he did because slowing Shaq was the only way to make it even a close game. So in my mind, Shaq > Kobe. But, yeah, it gets closer when you factor in the Gasol/Kobe era.

It's too bad that Kobe isn't around anymore for this top 75 list because Kobe was a Spurs truther. He'd be the one standing up and saying that's it's BS that neither Tony nor Manu made it. As Kobe said in one of his last interviews, those Lakers teams would have won a lot more championships if it wasn't for the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe played in the most inefficient era of the NBA. Yes, he played with Great players. So? Most great players do.
    He was pretty inefficient not because of the era he played in but because of his poor shot selection. They were a lot of games where Kobe would take ridiculously bad shots where he could have passed the ball to the open teammate. None of the guys in my top 10 shot poorly like Kobe and that's why he can't be a top 10 player.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was pretty inefficient not because of the era he played in but because of his poor shot selection. They were a lot of games where Kobe would take ridiculously bad shots where he could have passed the ball to the open teammate. None of the guys in my top 10 shot poorly like Kobe and that's why he can't be a top 10 player.
    The better Kobe got and more dominant player he became, the worst the Lakers became during the Shaq years. Once the Lakers stopped giving the ball to Shaq and letting him dominate, that was the beginning of the end for the Shaq-Kobe era.

The Lakers would not make a comeback until they acquired Pau Gasol to help carry Kobe during clutch times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody think John Havlicek could beat Manu Ginobili in a game of 1v1?

(It's not a fair question, but just funny to imagine)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP, Manu, Pau, English... take the celtics big 3 out or include the spurs 3 entirely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Bonner, Michael Finley or Forbes receive any votes?

Someone we know was on the voting committee.

Thread Information