Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the things that disturbed me about Kawhi long before Uncle made the scene was that he didn’t know who David WAS.
    him tbh, David Wingate is a Spurs legend

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him tbh, David Wingate is a Spurs legend
    I think he was referring to the great David Greenwood

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he was referring to the great David Greenwood
    David West has entered the chat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always assumed Kawhi was somewhere on the autism spectrum, with at least a touch of Asperger's Syndrome.
    I agree with that.

Now I’m not sure that DJ was really aware of DRob growing up, but he took the time to find out about the franchise when he got here. He went and found Ice, too, in the crowd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't that the season the Rockets choked a 3-2 series lead against the Warriors? If so, it's not Kawhi's fault that he won the ring that year. Rockets could have won it, but as usual, Harden disappeared when he needed to step up the most. Say what you want about Kawhi sitting out, but when he does play, Kawhi usually shows up in the biggest games.
    Nah, the Paul hamstring injury was '18 and the S bag tainted championship was '19.

Harden could have played an all-time great game and they still would have had no chance against the Durant version of the Warriors with Paul injured.

S bag has only thrived in pristine cir stances. He's cowered in the face of adversity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with that.

Now I’m not sure that DJ was really aware of DRob growing up, but he took the time to find out about the franchise when he got here. He went and found Ice, too, in the crowd.
    Most guys don't really know about past players if they didn't grow up watching them or if they are not iconic like Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, AI, etc. Dejounte was born in September of '96 so he would have been 6 years old when Drob won his last le in '03. So, at that age he probably wouldn't know any of the top guys outside of Kobe, Shaq who were marketed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most guys don't really know about past players if they didn't grow up watching them or if they are not iconic like Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, AI, etc. Dejounte was born in September of '96 so he would have been 6 years old when Drob won his last le in '03. So, at that age he probably wouldn't know any of the top guys outside of Kobe, Shaq who were marketed.
    Disagree. I grew up in Toronto in the early 90s. We only had 1-2 basketball games a week on NBC Sunday and only after football season was over but I grew up with a ball in my hand and a love for the game and I knew players well before my era. You have to be pretty simple to not know the generation of folks only 10 years behind you. Especially when you were in college in the days of full blown internet, social media, youtube etc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. I grew up in Toronto in the early 90s. We only had 1-2 basketball games a week on NBC Sunday and only after football season was over but I grew up with a ball in my hand and a love for the game and I knew players well before my era. You have to be pretty simple to not know the generation of folks only 10 years behind you. Especially when you were in college in the days of full blown internet, social media, youtube etc
    I was born and raised in America and got into basketball also during the early 90's and was just like you when it came to learning about the game and players before my era. I have observed the younger generations are different. I play basketball 2-3 times a week and it's mainly against young 20 something year old. A lot of them don't know the players of previous eras unless it's the iconic guys like Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, etc. For example, I have worn a David Robinson jersey one time and a lot of guys straight up asked me who Robinson was. I have also worn other retro jerseys and guys don't have a clue of who these old school players are and these players are from the 90's and early '00s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was born and raised in America and got into basketball also during the early 90's and was just like you when it came to learning about the game and players before my era. I have observed the younger generations are different. I play basketball 2-3 times a week and it's mainly against young 20 something year old. A lot of them don't know the players of previous eras unless it's the iconic guys like Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, etc. For example, I have worn a David Robinson jersey one time and a lot of guys straight up asked me who Robinson was. I have also worn other retro jerseys and guys don't have a clue of who these old school players are and these players are from the 90's and early '00s.
    And those 20 something year olds you play against are most likely casual fans, and I agree the casual fan won't know players outside of the absolute main players but if you're an actually hoop fan and play in the NBA you have to be a certain type of special to not know the greats 10 years before your time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well ignorance doesn’t discriminate I guess. I just feel like in an era of 2k, youtube, bleacher etc you should know who most top players of past generations are. With that being said there are ppl on this board who don’t even watch their own team let alone other teams.

For the record i’m 5’9, 33 and never could get up but I just rekindled my love for actually hooping and 20 yr old kids are throwing lobs to other 20 yr old guys while I try and take the charge LOL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, the Paul hamstring injury was '18 and the S bag tainted championship was '19.

Harden could have played an all-time great game and they still would have had no chance against the Durant version of the Warriors with Paul injured.

S bag has only thrived in pristine cir stances. He's cowered in the face of adversity.
    Got the years wrong, so thanks for the correction, but still, Klay had another one of his classic game 6s in high pressure road playoff performance like he did in OKC game 6. If Harden stepped up and played a great game, maybe it would have been enough to win game 6 even without Paul. The Warriors needed another Thompson classic to win it. The fact is, Thompson stepped up bigtime on the road and Harden did not step up at home with his home crowd there. Even if he played much better and if they didn't win, at least he could hold his head up high after the series. Harden has vanished in the biggest playoff games as a leader of a team. It's why I rate Manu as a much better playoff player to Harden. Harden is the better player, but in the playoffs, I'd take Manu over him any day of the week.

Harden has a chance to do something this season in the playoffs. He's gotta try and take advantage of it. Maybe I'm being too harsh on the guy, but I believe he's had some decent teams that could have gone further if not for himself faltering in must win games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, does DJ get along with his father or not? I thought I had read they didn't speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man what a weekend for him, happy for him. Can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, does DJ get along with his father or not? I thought I had read they didn't speak.

Thought the same but it looks like they're on much better terms now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thought the same but it looks like they're on much better terms now.
    Doesn't look like DJ had much to work with as a kid; further testament to the person we are watching grow every day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got the years wrong, so thanks for the correction, but still, Klay had another one of his classic game 6s in high pressure road playoff performance like he did in OKC game 6. If Harden stepped up and played a great game, maybe it would have been enough to win game 6 even without Paul. The Warriors needed another Thompson classic to win it. The fact is, Thompson stepped up bigtime on the road and Harden did not step up at home with his home crowd there. Even if he played much better and if they didn't win, at least he could hold his head up high after the series. Harden has vanished in the biggest playoff games as a leader of a team. It's why I rate Manu as a much better playoff player to Harden. Harden is the better player, but in the playoffs, I'd take Manu over him any day of the week.

Harden has a chance to do something this season in the playoffs. He's gotta try and take advantage of it. Maybe I'm being too harsh on the guy, but I believe he's had some decent teams that could have gone further if not for himself faltering in must win games.
    Thompson made catch and shoot 3s created by Curry, Durant and Green, while Harden had to create virtually everything on his own.

There's no question Harden's performance in most of the biggest games of his career has been poor, but as ever context is important.

Anyway, my point was more so about the biased national media picking and choosing who they give free passes to for behavior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn’t criticizing him for not knowing, I was lauding him for digging in and finding out. It’s something Kawhi never bothered with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how murray is averaging 9 assist per game? Did the spurs system change? Tp never averaged 9 assist per game in his nba career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how murray is averaging 9 assist per game? Did the spurs system change? Tp never averaged 9 assist per game in his nba career.
    Stat padding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has changed significantly from the Tim Duncan post up days. TP would throw the ball to TD , who'd go to work in the post, which wouldn't be credited as an assist. Besides the offensive possessions were fewer and tempo slower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's good, very good as a point guard, and he makes the simplest pass most of the time.

Thread Information