Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody arguing a floater is better than dunking the ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You looked at the wrong data column. What you posted was % of FGAs taken in that area, not the actual FG%. The data you wanted was further to the right.

Poeltl 0-3 ft .614
    3-10 ft .519
    Capela 0-3 ft .686
    3-10 ft .311

So,while people complain that Jak isn’t a modern center, Capela can’t score further than 3 feet, even in the paint. I guess that would make him a fossil.

Jaks FG% is higher, AND he can score at a high level from 3-10 feet.
    What a massacre

Beyond what you might think of Jak, getting told that the data you're confidently quoting is misquoted, and the actual data goes further against your argument... Never good. Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's literally no one arguing that - spare your head, and use your eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capela dunks the ball, BECAUSE HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE.

His FG% is still lower than Jak's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You looked at the wrong data column. What you posted was % of FGAs taken in that area, not the actual FG%. The data you wanted was further to the right.

Poeltl 0-3 ft .614
    3-10 ft .519
    Capela 0-3 ft .686
    3-10 ft .311

So,while people complain that Jak isn’t a modern center, Capela can’t score further than 3 feet, even in the paint. I guess that would make him a fossil.

Jaks FG% is higher, AND he can score at a high level from 3-10 feet.
    Yeah you are right I was not paying attention when quoting that, but it clearly shows that dunking it at the rim is more effective instead of those soft layup. I agree Poeltl is a better overall player but sometimes those layup is just frustrated. He is a 7 footer not 6. That would be an area that he could easily improve upon rather shooting FT better than 65% the whole season or develop some jumpshoot further out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kids awesome. but he shouldnt be the best player on a team that is trying to do something special

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I listened to the Zach Lowe pod going over season awards and DJM getting the Willy Wonka treatment:

If this team gets to the playoffs, it has to be the weakest playoff team in Spurs history. It speaks volumes about the season DJM is having.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I listened to the Zach Lowe pod going over season awards and DJM getting the Willy Wonka treatment:

If this team gets to the playoffs, it has to be the weakest playoff team in Spurs history. It speaks volumes about the season DJM is having.
    I think that’s why it’s important in his mind to make it. Some young unheralded players only get recognition when they make the playoffs as one of the top dogs in a team. That’s how you force others to acknowledge you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/watch/video/nba-...ejounte-murray

Neat exclusive video for Dejounte Murray on NBA.com.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that’s why it’s important in his mind to make it. Some young unheralded players only get recognition when they make the playoffs as one of the top dogs in a team. That’s how you force others to acknowledge you.
    He also has yet to play a single game on national television this season too, I am sure that sucks for him as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw this for the first time. Thanks for posting. A tremendous story and terrific insight to what makes the Spurs such a special team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome, it was cool seeing LBJ, Steph and CP3 raving about DJ on the bench at the All Star game. Love this guy man his progression truly has been a sight to see his amazing work ethic is paying off it's hilarious some people used to call him Instagram Baller

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome, it was cool seeing LBJ, Steph and CP3 raving about DJ on the bench at the All Star game. Love this guy man his progression truly has been a sight to see his amazing work ethic is paying off it's hilarious some people used to call him Instagram Baller

I know Jilly somewhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4th in the league in assist and 32 in turnovers amazing. Harden is 2nd in assist per game and and 2nd in turnovers, Trae Young 3rd in assist and 4th in turnovers, Garland is 5th in assist and 6th in turnovers, Luka 6th in assist and 1st in turnovers. CP3 first ballot HOF is 1st in assist and 43 in turnovers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also not to sound like I am going overboard but DJ has a very high chance of getting his jersey retired. I know its a early and it's his first season actually really doing something but he's going to play here a decade + barring something drastically happening. This kid has Spur in his blood and quite frankly he's the most different player lifestyle wise if that makes sense the Spurs have ever drafted. He's the first Spur to lead a team that has big personality and has so many connections throughout the league, which I think would help in landing free agents in the future tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also not to sound like I am going overboard but DJ has a very high chance of getting his jersey retired. I know its a early and it's his first season actually really doing something but he's going to play here a decade + barring something drastically happening. This kid has Spur in his blood and quite frankly he's the most different player lifestyle wise if that makes sense the Spurs have ever drafted. He's the first Spur to lead a team that has big personality and has so many connections throughout the league, which I think would help in landing free agents in the future tbh.
    "Going overboard"? The only thing Murray needs to do to get his jersey retired by the Spurs is not pull a nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darling of the NBA!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Going overboard"? The only thing Murray needs to do to get his jersey retired by the Spurs is not pull a nephew.

It might also help if the Spurs could manage a winning season. If DJ leads the Spurs for 15 straight years of losing, his jersey won’t look very shiny up there.

The team needs to turn the corner in a hurry. Time’s a wastin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

your threes. DJ’s mid-range hesitation pull-up is one of the most beautiful moves in basketball right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

your threes. DJ’s mid-range hesitation pull-up is one of the most beautiful moves in basketball right now.
    Totally agree the move is beautiful, but it really leaves the question, can he do it from further out? He creates an awesome degree of separation with those moves, but they'll never be as valuable from 15ft as they would be behind the 3pt line (I know, I know, playoffs and all that, but the numbers, sadly, are just like that in the modern game).

Could it be he needs to add more muscle/core strength to be able to pull those moves from further away? I'd love to know. Still think it's the best part of his game for him to develop this off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow feel better DJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ cue the conspiracy theorists.

NBA and the mediadels need Lakers in the playoffs. Silver and the ghost of Stern poisoned him!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s out again tomorrow night.

Thread Information