Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Example of textbook passages have been released/provided.
    Pretty obvious to any reasonable critic or advocate of an agenda.
    Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should not be hard for you to find.
    Google big Ron slaps CRT math books.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drunk DarrinS is convinced these text books exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Google big Ron slaps CRT math books.
    Shouldn't be that hard for you to link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn't be that hard for you to link
    "Florida CRT math textbook excerpt examples"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sucks you have to make a decent book yourself.
    Where's the CRT in the books DeSantis banned? Why is he hiding the ball if it's so clear cut? In poker you have to show your cards, but in politics bald assertion seems to be good enough for you if it flatters your priors.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 04-22-2022 at 08:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there some natural law or proclamation that mandated that we categorize some living things as plants? no, not really. but it serves utility, so we have generally called living eukaryotes capable of photosynthesis as plants. seems to service its purpose quite well, and straw comes from things that we call plants.

the strawman version of this is that plants do not exist
    There's no natural law that mandated anything being called eukaryotes or photosynthesis. These are just names given to items with clusters of similar characteristics, and the name given to specific processes. If you want to consider that naming to be a social construct, I don't have any issues with that. The problem is that CRT considers those similar characteristic clusters to be non existent as well. It goes to solipsism, and you went to solipsism and have been trying to fight your way back since. It's amazing what someone will do to avoid admitting they were wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's the CRT in the books DeSantis banned? Why is he hiding the ball if it's so clear cut? In poker you have to show your cards, but in politics bald assertion seems to be good enough for you if it flatters your priors.
    Bend over, I'll in' show you a bald insertion to flatten your priors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol the DMC rodeo
    Who cares if it's a social construct or not? Only you.

Here's the second tenet from the source that YOU posted:

"....
    critical race theory
    Basic tenets of critical race theory
    According to the legal scholars Richard Delgado (one of the founders of CRT) and Jean Stefancic there are several general propositions regarding race and racism that many critical race theorists would accept, despite the considerable variation of belief among members of the movement. These propositions cons ute a set of “basic tenets” of CRT.

Second, racism in the United States is normal, not aberrational: it is the ordinary experience of most people of colour. Although extreme racist at udes and beliefs are less common among whites than they were before the mid-20th century, and explicitly racist laws and legal practices—epitomized by the Jim Crow laws that enforced racial segregation and denied basic civil rights to African Americans in the South—have been largely eliminated, most people of colour continue to be routinely discriminated against or otherwise unfairly treated in both public and private spheres, as demonstrated by numerous social indicators. African Americans and Hispanic Americans (Latinxs), for example, are on average more likely than similarly qualified white persons to be denied loans or jobs; they tend to pay more than whites for a broad range of products and services (e.g., automobiles); they are more likely than whites to be unjustly suspected of criminal behaviour by police or private (white) citizens; and they are more likely than whites to be victims of police brutality, including the unjustified use of lethal force. If convicted of a crime, people of colour, particularly African Americans, are generally imprisoned more often and for longer periods than whites who are found guilty of the same offenses....."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/cri...al-race-theory

I agree that it's a real social construct. Now what.
    "DMC rodeo" then posts paragraphs in response

idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These two wouldn't walk through the ghetto if you paid them but they know the black experience

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll in' show you a bald insertion to flatten your priors
    More gay fantasies, zero germane examples of what y'all are griping about in the banned math books.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    literally nobody contends that different people have varying levels of melanin or that those levels are hereditary. but we dont actually go about calling people one race or another after some diligent screening of melanin levels. and the argument is that there is inherently very little, if any, utility, at using "race" as a category within which to divide humans.
    Not sure you're using "contends" correctly here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More gay fantasies, zero germane examples of what y'all are griping about in the banned math books.
    Gay is a sexual preference. When you bend over, it won't be about sex. It will be about power and control.

But show an example of me griping about the text books. Go ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like their beef is with empathy. SET

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-relea...120856056.html

That and the very thought that racism exists.

Seems like saying racism exists is not politically correct.

who benefits most from saying racism doesn't exist? hmmmmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "it's just numbers.. lol banning numbers" -Blake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But show an example of me griping about the text books. Go ahead.
    I said y'all, not you. For someone so hung up on semantics you sure are dense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you did take sides and you are griping.

hope nobody got whiplash, you were playing coy a couple of posts back.

Btw, can you link us to your source for that? What's the book?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "DMC rodeo" then posts paragraphs in response

idiot
    I decided to put my two quarters in the machine and take a spin for /giggles. You gonna respond or cower away under the guise of "me lol u"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These two wouldn't walk through the ghetto if you paid them but they know the black experience
    Have you walked through the ghetto?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They should have just stuck with bias.
    And of course almost everyone is going to show some sort of bias, especially if the questions are designed to show it. The real problem with these sorts of tests are the questions.

The point is really we all show different types of biases, especially based on the type of people we grow up around and are considered "normal" to us. I mean a kid who has never seen a black or white person will immediately notice a different in pigmentation, facial features, hair texture, if it is well outside their experience and they will let you know it. Its what happens after this that is important. How do you react to people after being exposed to differences you have never seen before.

Your example on two old white people who study these types of things walking into a black ghetto is ridiculous. I could drive two black people right now to places in South Texas where the same sort of reactions would occur. And they are going to get more violent with the type of poverty the people in those places live in. Its just ridiculous to refuse to admit that cultural and physical differences between two groups of people do not illicit hateful reactions on some occasions. And of course blacks get the most of it simply because there are more white people to see a possible concern and history in this country. This does not only happen in the US. Communities that are separated and show a good deal of difference in experience and ability to navigate in that country both socially and economically are more likely to have "race" problems. And it goes with all skin colors and cultures. Its drastic between Indians and Blacks in Trinidad and Tobago and Cambridge Analytica used it as a testing ground in elections.

What exactly is the surprise here for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no natural law that mandated anything being called eukaryotes or photosynthesis. These are just names given to items with clusters of similar characteristics, and the name given to specific processes. If you want to consider that naming to be a social construct, I don't have any issues with that. The problem is that CRT considers those similar characteristic clusters to be non existent as well.
    nope. does CRT claim that skin colors do not exist?

It goes to solipsism, and you went to solipsism and have been trying to fight your way back since. It's amazing what someone will do to avoid admitting they were wrong.
    no it doesnt. i never went the solipsism. you're the one who keeps bringing it up. claiming things are social constructs doesnt mean that nothing can be known. you can keep trying to shoehorn this as many times as you want, its not going to work

Thread Information