Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ sounds like it can be managed even if it does require a pint of saline at half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ sounds like it can be managed even if it does require a pint of saline at half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, but if he has to do it three times in four days? How healthy is that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but if he has to do it three times in four days? How healthy is that?
    I’m not an MD so I won’t speculate. It sounds like they’ve identified the issue and formulated a drink for him that he needs to hammer on game days. I’d be more worried he needs to piss with 45 seconds left and the washroom is 5 minutes away.

BTW 30 minutes on a drip and you can go from a zombie to fully hydrated.

I’ve been to the point of near kidney failure I was so dehydrated; 3 bags of saline and I felt
    like a million bucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he needs to hammer on game days.
    Lately, me too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lately, me too.
    Haha if I’m not 8 deep with money on the game I probably don’t watch these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m tired of matador defenders, so Drew Timme can stay home. We were a much better offensive team (8) than defensive team (23) so drafting Timme doesn’t address that.
    Hey I'm just looking for more height than we currently have. Tari Eason would be nice, a bit early for the 9th pick but I doubt he lasts until 20. Where are we on rebounding ? Size helps with that. We always have issues against teams with lots of length. Timme isn't the best at defense I'll admit, but at least he's big and can definitely score something our second or third units could surely use. We know all our 2nd and 3rd unit guys aren't coming back, so with our 2nd round pick, how about drafting a big who can score. since we don't need any more small forwards or guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be more worried he needs to piss with 45 seconds left and the washroom is 5 minutes away.
    Oh, I wouldn't worry about that at all... seems like he's taking a piss every second through his every pore... literally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I wouldn't worry about that at all... seems like he's taking a piss every second through his every pore... literally.
    Doesn’t work that way though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t work that way though.
    It's a joke. They're different bodily functions, but there's only so much water to go around, and an increased loss of water through sweating should not translate to an equally high need to piss during a game... on the contrary, if anything it should reduce it.

On a serious note, it's been well established that this happens to many athletes, but his case seems a bit extreme (IVs during a game?), so I'm sure they'll do their due diligence on the matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a joke. They're different bodily functions, but there's only so much water to go around, and an increased loss of water through sweating should not translate to an equally high need to piss during a game... on the contrary, if anything it should reduce it.

On a serious note, it's been well established that this happens to many athletes, but his case seems a bit extreme (IVs during a game?), so I'm sure they'll do their due diligence on the matter.
    If he is smashing a hydration formula all game to stay hydrated he will have to piss more genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is smashing a hydration formula all game to stay hydrated he will have to piss more genius.
    You'd think the goal is to keep him hydrated compensating the extra amount of liquid he loses through sweating, not to pump him like a balloon to the point where he needs to take a piss between timeouts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd think the goal is to keep him hydrated compensating the extra amount of liquid he loses through sweating, not to pump him like a balloon to the point where he needs to take a piss between timeouts
    Hold fk your are a dumbass.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you guys familiar with the term "semipermeable membrane"?

It's something that has to be managed, and if he's having that much trouble with cramping, and then with needing to pee with 45 seconds in the game, the plan needs some work. But I wouldn't think it's something that would be likely to affect a draft decision. Some NFL linemen lose twice that amount on game day. (I didn't make that up, and it's not an exaggeration - you could look it up.) The biggest worry is probably from the fact that that kind of cramping is usually from low potassium, and potassium is a big part of what makes your muscles work. Your heart is a muscle.

I'm sure they're monitoring it closely, and that the teams all know. I never heard of using oxygenated liquid for electrolyte imbalance, but medical science marches on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you guys familiar with the term "semipermeable membrane"?

It's something that has to be managed, and if he's having that much trouble with cramping, and then with needing to pee with 45 seconds in the game, the plan needs some work. But I wouldn't think it's something that would be likely to affect a draft decision. Some NFL linemen lose twice that amount on game day. (I didn't make that up, and it's not an exaggeration - you could look it up.) The biggest worry is probably from the fact that that kind of cramping is usually from low potassium, and potassium is a big part of what makes your muscles work. Your heart is a muscle.

I'm sure they're monitoring it closely, and that the teams all know. I never heard of using oxygenated liquid for electrolyte imbalance, but medical science marches on.
    Pls explain Asclepius

I was clearly arguing it’s a non issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pls explain Asclepius

Agreed, it's being handled, but it's clearly an issue for a 19 year old to be regularly getting IVs in the locker room at halftime. Interesting choice to go with Asclepius over Hippocrates, but I get it.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pls explain Asclepius

LOL. All I'm saying is that it's the electrolyte imbalance. The heart doesn't like too much potassium OR too little. Nice Greek reference, though.

If we could post pictures without having to host them somewhere else, I'd show you the bottle of Urocit K that I have to keep around. I sort of had to learn a little about electrolyte imbalances. It's not easy after the first 3,000 or so years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. All I'm saying is that it's the electrolyte imbalance. The heart doesn't like too much potassium OR too little. Nice Greek reference, though.

If we could post pictures without having to host them somewhere else, I'd show you the bottle of Urocit K that I have to keep around. I sort of had to learn a little about electrolyte imbalances. It's not easy after the first 3,000 or so years.
    haha if Paulo falls in our lap i’ll be his personal gatorade boy and remove the excess liquid personally if he has to pee in a courtside portapotty.

I just don’t think this is a consideration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I struggle with Paolo the more I think of it. Isn’t Jabari Smith younger and he definitely shoots better? Yes, Paolo has some other skills and is much bulkier but man, I dont know that I can have Paolo over Chet or Jabari (more I can see argument over Jabari for sure, but even then its not clear cut to me). Depends on what you think of the shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha if Paulo falls in our lap i’ll be his personal gatorade boy and remove the excess liquid personally if he has to pee in a courtside portapotty.

I just don’t think this is a consideration.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I struggle with Paolo the more I think of it. Isn’t Jabari Smith younger and he definitely shoots better? Yes, Paolo has some other skills and is much bulkier but man, I dont know that I can have Paolo over Chet or Jabari (more I can see argument over Jabari for sure, but even then its not clear cut to me). Depends on what you think of the shooting.
    Slightly and Smith shoots 3s better, but is poor from multiple levels inside the arc.

Smith's and Holmgren's ceilings are probably elite complementary players, while Banchero's is probably low end centerpiece.

The case for one of the former is if you have the latter's projected role already covered and/or are likely to pick in the range they're most commonly found beyond this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow who to take of the top three
    Probably Smith
    Since Banchero in game sweat weighs more than Holmgren

I'll be honest- I don't watch college ball, but the more I read the more this sounds like a crap shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I personally don’t get the Jabari smith stuff. To me, when you have a chance to draft Chris Webber 2.0 who has the ability to defend when put in a good coaching system. You do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paulo already off PATFO’s radar. Doing RNS type stuff already. Humble boy scouts aren’t in Miami for the F1.

Thread Information