Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we think any of these teams cough up assets to dump they deals:

- ATL: Danilo's last year (~21M)
    - SAC: Barnes last year (~18M)
    - LAC: Bledsoe's last year (~19M)
    No, specially if they are giving up a pick, not in the way you frame it.

The only point of trading a pick together with an expiring deal is to be buyers for someone they think will improve their team. The Spurs don’t have valuable trade assets that they can spare outside of Richardson who probably doesn’t improve any of those teams all that much. Just IMO. I don’t know if the Spurs are really looking to trade Jakob, it’s something they will only do if they get a haul for him, which likely doesn’t happen (specially from those teams, ATL is set with Capela, SAC just traded for SAbonis, and LAC wont be looking to trade for a C, their best lineups are all perimeter based.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Atlanta is already making public that they’ll be active in the trade market. Not sure what they want or who they will move though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Atlanta is already making public that they’ll be active in the trade market. Not sure what they want or who they will move though.
    i imagine they want to move collins but what they would want in return is the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way he talks about his players is marvelous. I'm sure they'll appreciate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i imagine they want to move collins but what they would want in return is the question.
    They'll probably have to put a draft pick or something with him. His contract isn't absolutely absurd, but it's bad for a player who is as mediocre as he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10730423[/URL]]Well Atlanta is already making public that they’ll be active in the trade market. Not sure what they want or who they will move though.
    Should have gone after McNuggets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we think any of these teams cough up assets to dump they deals:

- ATL: Danilo's last year (~21M)
    - SAC: Barnes last year (~18M)
    - LAC: Bledsoe's last year (~19M)
    Clippers have no assets. Other than Barnes, the other two are washed.

The rock that I would turn over is Saric from Phoenix. They will be in financial distress from paying Ayton, and will have a FRP to trade in 2024. He fits a position of need, PF/C, and can be flipped to a contender at the deadline for another asset. His contract is $9.67M, and expires in 2023.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The rock that I would turn over is Saric from Phoenix. They will be in financial distress from paying Ayton, and will have a FRP to trade in 2024. He fits a position of need, PF/C, and can be flipped to a contender at the deadline for another asset. His contract is $9.67M, and expires in 2023.
    Good point, that would be a smart cap rental

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a good Gobert destination. Collins/Capella should do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a good Gobert destination. Collins/Capella should do it.
    Interesting.
    I’ve only watched a few Hawks games this year, sans Playoffs, but the prevailing thought seems to be they want to give Okungwu a clear path for minutes.
    Will be interested to see which direction they take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.
    I’ve only watched a few Hawks games this year, sans Playoffs, but the prevailing thought seems to be they want to give Okungwu a clear path for minutes.
    Okungwu was good for them in the playoffs. The only game they won they made a comeback in with Okungwu playing. I didn’t know who he was and had to look him up. I actually wonder if Dallas isn’t a better landing spot for Gobert.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.
    Good point about Okungwu. he’s undersized at the 5, but if they play him at the 4 with Rudy that would be atrocious spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Saric had another surgery on his knee today.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saric had another surgery on his knee today.
    For the Spurs he'd be another Al-Farouq Aminu. Pure salary ballast only taken on for a draft pick. It would also signify punting on 2022 cap space and rolling it over to 2023.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Spurs he'd be another Al-Farouq Aminu. Pure salary ballast only taken on for a draft pick. It would also signify punting on 2022 cap space and rolling it over to 2023.
    I understand that. Doubt PHX pays an FRP to dump him though and he probably wouldn’t double as a contract we could dump at the deadline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question if Charlotte still wants poodle what is our asking price?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Phoenix is still in their "never dealing with San Antonio" mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question if Charlotte still wants poodle what is our asking price?
    I would pair McDermott with him, maybe, and take a look at those 13 and 15 picks, either one or both outright or swapping our later picks for them.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we happily pay greater income taxes to be free of Texas. Never going back.
    But you missed our electric grid going to because we had subantarctic temperatures that got all the way down into the twenties. Had rolling blackouts for four days with power only half the time, entire city shut down. Was fun driving to the other side of town to get my COVID shot with the highways shut down and no traffic lights working on the surface streets thanks to the blackouts, took forever. Also got warned by ERCOT of possible rolling blackouts this Saturday because it'll be *gasp* 100 degrees in San Antonio. But hey we banned CRT in schools and have an abortion law that would make Saudi Arabia jealous.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-06-2022 at 12:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you missed our electric grid going to because we had subantarctic temperatures that got all the way down into the twenties. Had rolling blackouts for four days with power only half the time, entire city shut down. Was fun driving to the other side of town to get my COVID shot with the highways shut down and no traffic lights working on the surface streets thanks to the blackouts, took forever. Also got warned by ERCOT of possible rolling blackouts this Saturday because it'll be *gasp* 100 degrees in San Antonio. But hey we banned CRT in schools and have an abortion law that would make Saudi Arabia jealous.
    And Gov. Abbott appealing to cryptocurrency miners to take up more of the energy output from the grid. He thinks this is a way of 'fixing' the problem. Sorry, ya guys are t.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-electric-grid

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah because living in a state like Cali with raging fires, smog, uncontrolled homelessness and earthquakes is so much better. Not to mention the brain dead laws they pass like transgender bathrooms or they are now a sanctuary state for illegals,,,what about shutting down the economy because of covid and enforcing a mask mandate that doesnt work and the democrat politicians in cali dont follow but expect their braindead voters to follow,,,,also high taxes and high crime rate,,,,nice. Im sure thats much better than a bad power grid,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah because living in a state like Cali with raging fires, smog, uncontrolled homelessness and earthquakes is so much better. Not to mention the brain dead laws they pass like transgender bathrooms or they are now a sanctuary state for illegals,,,what about shutting down the economy because of covid and enforcing a mask mandate that doesnt work and the democrat politicians in cali dont follow but expect their braindead voters to follow,,,,also high taxes and high crime rate,,,,nice. Im sure thats much better than a bad power grid,,,,
    Homicide rate is higher in Texas than California, as is rate of property crime. Firearm violence, unsurprisingly, is far higher in Texas. It's more expensive to live in California due to supply and demand -- more people want to live there. California has an overall death rate due to Covid lower than Texas despite getting hit much earlier and before vaccines. Their economy is booming and the legislature has a huge surplus to attend to people's needs. The Texas governor wrecked hundreds of millions in produce and products on the border because he's a dope. National Guardsmen are killing themselves on the border because he's forcing them to stay there indefinitely for some electoral ploy, unable to see their families. Only numbskulls give a where grown adults take a whizz.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I came back hoping that the offseason might be more reasonable. And for a couple of weeks, people actually talked some basketball. I guess as the lottery drew near, they opened the lid to the cesspool.

The only two things I will say are:

You have clearly never been to Saudi
    and
    Buh'bye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would pair McDermott with him, maybe, and take a look at those 13 and 15 picks, either one or both outright or swapping our later picks for them.
    No one want’s McDermott and you probably are the one attaching assets to unload him but if so you’d have to take salary back for both McDermott and Jak and that would probably be Hayward.

The amount of posts I’ve seen recently who believe attaching our largest/worst contract is a route to moving up in the draft….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one want’s McDermott and you probably are the one attaching assets to unload him but if so you’d have to take salary back for both McDermott and Jak and that would probably be Hayward.

The amount of posts I’ve seen recently who believe attaching our largest/worst contract is a route to moving up in the draft….
    Poeltl moves you up the draft. If they don't want bad salary I don't trade him. Good luck losing again in hideous fashion.

Thread Information