My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fake tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny tho

there's a nonzero number of people who ed up their guts taking Ivermectin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny tho

there's a nonzero number of people who ed up their guts taking Ivermectin.
    fake on all fronts though

owens tweet is fake

the fox tweet is fake

and no such article/study exists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fake on all fronts though

owens tweet is fake

the fox tweet is fake

and no such article/study exists
    I believe you. Right wingers faith in Ivermectin is still hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol right wingers' folklorical cures for COVID

damn it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdata piling up for COVID rebounds shortly after a full course of Paxlovid.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdata piling up for COVID rebounds shortly after a full course of Paxlovid.

It happened to my girlfriend, she tested negative then the symptoms returned. You can report it on their site fwiw

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

& Biden has the con...1,029,000 Americans dead in the ground of the COVID.
    & counting!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It happened to my girlfriend, she tested negative then the symptoms returned. You can report it on their site fwiw

Happened to Colbert, too. I guess its not that uncommon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope she came through ok

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope she came through ok
    She is ok now, but had really bad brain fog for several weeks. Would just stop talking in the middle of a sentence. Still has some congestion almost a month later, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Promising results against Omicron.

Administered through the intramuscular route, Corbevax, manufactured by Biological E (BE) in association with Texas Children’s Hospital and the Baylor College of Medicine, is a protein subunit vaccine that introduces a bit of the e protein of the SARS-CoV-2 virus into the body to generate an immune response.
    So far, about 51.7 million doses of Corbevax have been administered to children.

In a statement, BE said: “BE has conducted a multicentre Phase III placebo controlled heterologous booster clinical trial in 416 subjects from 18 to 80 years of age who were previously vaccinated with two doses of either Covishield or Covaxin at least six months prior to the administration of Corbevax as a booster dose.

“The booster dose of Corbevax increased the neutralising antibody ers in the Covishield and Covaxin groups significantly when compared to placebo.”

“In a subset of subjects evaluated for nAb (neutralising antibodies) against the Omicron variant, the Corbevax booster shot resulted in a significant increase in the nAb ers against the Omicron variant. After the booster dose of CORBEVAX®, Omicron nAbs were observed in 91 per cent and 75 per cent of subjects who had received primary vaccination by Covishield and Covaxin, respectively,” it added.

Neutralising antibodies or nAbs are specific to a pathogen and effectively neutralise them.

“There were no severe or adverse events of interest for three months of follow-up after the booster dose was administered,” the statement said.
    https://theprint.in/health/dcgi-appr...st-yet/986014/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

& Biden has the con...1,041,000 Americans dead in the ground of the COVID.
    & counting!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Inhalable nanobodies effective against a range of coronaviruses

Mount Sinai-led researchers have shown that tiny, robust immune particles derived from the blood of a llama could provide strong protection against every COVID-19 variant, including Omicron, and 18 similar viruses including SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV-1, which was responsible for the 2003 SARS outbreak.

In a paper published in Cell Reports on June 28, the team suggests that these “super-immunity” molecules, known as nanobodies, could be precursors to a fast-acting, inhalable antiviral treatment or spray that could potentially be stockpiled and used globally against the evolving pandemic and future viruses.

Compared to the rest of the animal kingdom, llamas, camels, and alpacas have unique immune systems: they produce antibodies with a single polypeptide chain instead of two. This construct results in antibodies that are roughly one-tenth the size of normal ones, are exceptionally stable, and can firmly bind to disease targets. Because of these unique properties, researchers can readily link multiple nanobodies like a daisy chain, so if a virus attempts to escape by mutating, another nanobody is ready to keep it in check.

“Because of their small size and broad neutralizing activities, these camelid nanobodies are likely to be effective against future variants and outbreaks of SARS-like viruses,” says lead author Yi Shi, PhD, Associate Professor of Pharmacological Sciences and Director of the Center of Protein Engineering and Therapeutics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. “Their superior stability, low production costs, and the ability to protect both the upper and lower respiratory tracts against infection mean they could provide a critical therapeutic to complement vaccines and monoclonal antibody drugs if and when a new COVID-19 variant or SARS-CoV-3 emerges.

As a critical part of their study, Dr. Shi’s team immunized the llama, named “Wally,” with the SARS-CoV-2 receptor binding domain (RBD), the short fragment or e of the virus that latches onto the protein on the surface of human cells to gain entry and spread infection. They found that repeated immunization with the RBD resulted in Wally producing nanobodies that recognized not just SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, but a vast array of other coronaviruses—conferring what researchers referred to as “super-immunity.” From this discovery, the team isolated and validated a large repertoire of highly potent antiviral nanobodies effective against a broad spectrum of SARS-like viruses.

“We learned that the tiny size of these nanobodies gives them a crucial advantage against a rapidly mutating virus,” explains co-author Ian Wilson, PhD, Hansen Professor of Structural Biology and Chair of the Department of Integrative Structural and Computational Biology at Scripps Research in La Jolla, California. “Specifically, it allows them to penetrate more of the recesses, nooks, and crannies of the virus surface, and thus bind to multiple regions to prevent the virus from escaping and mutating.”

From this structural information, the team designed an ultrapotent nanobody that can simultaneously bind to two regions on the RBD of SARS-like viruses to prevent mutational escape. The resulting molecule (PiN-31) is extremely stable and, in its aerosolized form, can be used as an inhaled treatment or spray, which the same team showed in previous work can be effective against SARS-CoV-2.

“While more research is needed, we believe that the broad protection, ultrapotent nanobodies we were able to isolate in the lab can be harnessed for use in humans,” says Dr. Shi, who conducted most of the research at the University of Pittsburgh before moving his lab to Icahn Mount Sinai. Increasing the attractiveness of this potential form of treatment, these highly versatile antiviral agents can be rapidly produced virtually anywhere from microbes such as E.coli or yeast cells, he adds. In the past, nanobody therapies have been clinically proven as safe and effective against human diseases, such as a blood clotting disorder and cancer.
    https://www.mountsinai.org/about/new...esearchers-say

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

& Biden has the con...1,044,000 Americans dead in the ground of the COVID.
    & counting!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    intranasal nitric oxide

A novel nasal spray treatment appears to show promise in quickly clearing the coronavirus that causes covid-19 from our nostrils. In a recent Phase III trial in India, the spray was found to significantly reduce people’s nasal viral load within days and at a faster rate than those who received a placebo. Treated people also tested negative for the virus on a swab test faster than the placebo group.

The potential treatment is being primarily developed by the Canadian company SaNOtize, with different partners in various countries, such as Glenmark Pharmaceuticals in India. It contains nitric oxide, a molecule with several important roles in the human body that is also used as medication to help widen the airways and blood vessels in people with certain conditions. Some research has indicated that nitric oxide can have a potent antimicrobial effect as well, and that’s led to hopes that it could be deployed as a frontline covid-19 treatment for people soon after a suspected or confirmed exposure to the coronavirus. If so, a nasal spray may be the best method of delivery, since infection often starts in the upper respiratory tract.
    https://gizmodo.com/a-nasal-spray-se...nic-1849191972

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

& Biden has the con...1,051,000 Americans dead in the ground of the COVID.
    & counting!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the listerine didn't work eh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC Recommends Novavax, the 4th COVID Vaccine to Be Authorized

...but only for unvaxxed...no boosters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recommend not giving a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recommend not giving a .
    one million souls (and counting) salute you from the graveyard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one million souls (and counting) salute you from the graveyard
    Novavax showed greater efficacy against all circulating omicron variants than even the omicron specific mrna boosters

but you're not allowed to get it unless you're unvaxxed

Thread Information