My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good grades, all things considered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades TGY.
    I am one of the biggest Bertans fans here, but I would have give him a slightly lower grade. He really struggled in the first half defensively when the Pelicans forced Davis to guard perimeter players. He also got blocked on a lazy dunk attempt.

That said, he can damn well shoot and delayed the Spurs collapse (for a few minutes at least.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am one of the biggest Bertans fans here, but I would have give him a slightly lower grade. He really struggled in the first half defensively when the Pelicans forced Davis to guard perimeter players. He also got blocked on a lazy dunk attempt.

That said, he can damn well shoot and delayed the Spurs collapse (for a few minutes at least.)
    Like I said... hate to throw shade on anyone but the rim protection was awful. Davis was terrible on defense if I am honest but at least he's an offensive player. I completely understand Dedmon in context getting the bench, he's there to board and defend and wasn't doing much on defense. I think Davis is just too light and gets pushed around on defense too much, a guy just puts a body on him and he's off his feet unfortunately, with said guy creating space. He tries hard though.

Patty was just awful both ends... just terrible. Murray should have played instead.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 01-28-2017 at 09:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook you should just do the Cleveland and Raptors game grades honestly or anyone for that matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when david lee is getting praises over anybody, you know the cancering is on... sounds like a lot of ferrari, doesn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when david lee is getting praises over anybody, you know the cancering is on... sounds like a lot of ferrari, doesn't it?
    It does... frankly Davis too. As much as he can light things up ... he can't defend a flag pole.

Patty had a horrible game though.. but you have a point... when Davis and Lee are your best players it's a loss and it does remind me of Ferrari, a lot.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nice write up TGY. It's a breath of fresh air to get some critical, unbiased grades these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Davis is just too light and gets pushed around on defense too much, a guy just puts a body on him and he's off his feet unfortunately, with said guy creating space. He tries hard though.

Patty was just awful both ends... just terrible. Murray should have played instead.
    I didn't notice particularly his being pushed out by weightier bugs. What I noticed was the Pelicans were forcing switches that left Davis on a quicker, smaller guys he couldn't keep,up with.

Dedmon has has been a serious disappointment in Pau's absence. Patty can playe but when his shots not falling he doesn't bring much else to the table except enthusiasm,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great grades TGY. Matches the feel of the game. Ignore the agenda posters. No one gets it perfectly (you would have to watch and rematch ad nauseum), but these are spot on for guys like LDN and LMA.

And frankly I'm entertained by all the reactions to the grades.
    SaveSave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately only George Hill played yesterday

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I chalk last night's game to the team just being uninspired and playing lazy unfocused ball.

The Mavs game should be a much better overall performance.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good grades, all things considered

Great grades TGY. Matches the feel of the game. Ignore the agenda posters. No one gets it perfectly (you would have to watch and rematch ad nauseum), but these are spot on for guys like LDN and LMA.

And frankly I'm entertained by all the reactions to the grades.
    SaveSave
    Thanks for all the great responses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do y'all people really not know game grades are normalized to a player's expected performance? so yes leoard gets an F and lee gets a C bc lee played his hustle role but kawhi had to be food stamped his grades like a god damn post achilles kobe bryant. Demand better folks , thanks for the grades TGY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game was so the grades are problematical at best. After 3 really great road games where they beat the best of the East in Cleveland and The Raptors, it was clear they were tired and had no focus. The game in Cleveland had the intensity of a playoff game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At people thanking TGY for his grades. Literally wrote one troll sentence for each player, couldn't have taken more than 5 minutes. He should be banned from ever doing game grades again, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game was so the grades are problematical at best. After 3 really great road games where they beat the best of the East in Cleveland and The Raptors, it was clear they were tired and had no focus. The game in Cleveland had the intensity of a playoff game.
    True...I was hoping with two days of rest they'd play with energy instead of rust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't notice particularly his being pushed out by weightier bugs. What I noticed was the Pelicans were forcing switches that left Davis on a quicker, smaller guys he couldn't keep,up with.

Dedmon has has been a serious disappointment in Pau's absence. Patty can playe but when his shots not falling he doesn't bring much else to the table except enthusiasm,
    I have observed it when guards drive on him. You know they put the body on the shot blocker to defuse him and Davis just gets pushed off. Heck I saw Cojo do it to get a floater over him. But the help defense he was giving Mills who wasn't even looking to go over a screen is what did him in. I wish I could explain it better... but I wasn't referring to bigs posting him up but how a guard is able to push him out of the way with their body weight and momentum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claiming they were tired is a bad excuse. They had two days rest and both Tony and Kawhi were rested from injuries...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True...I was hoping with two days of rest they'd play with energy instead of rust.
    I don't even consider rust an excuse. Deep bench players have come in out of the blue to have good games..they are pros. Shots didn't go in but they were also horrible on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At people thanking TGY for his grades. Literally wrote one troll sentence for each player, couldn't have taken more than 5 minutes. He should be banned from ever doing game grades again, imho.
    game = grades.. Meanwhile no Cavs grades? There's a able topic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    idk if the spurs party the nigh before in new orleans but we can't ever win in that building for the past couple of years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's the outrage from all the sanctimonious French s on ST because the game grades have not been taken seriously? Go root for Utah, gots.

Brazil
    did not read the thread...

speaking of got you are the one with the take of hero balling based on 3 actions: a missed pass, a missed lay up and a missed 8 footer ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw yes his Kawhi grade is trash and comment mostly sucks
    Last edited by Brazil; 01-30-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Thread Information