Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just got to their organization. This was his first game with their G-league affiliate. Have no doubt that if he plays well there, they'll bring him up to the Knicks.

And also have no doubt that if he shows he can play there, he will play. Unlike here where Pop went from praising his NBA play one game -- even saying he was earning more minutes -- then promptly sitting his ass for like 12 straight games thereafter, without even garbage time.

I have a feeling the Spurs royally screwed up his situation because he rubbed pop the wrong way.

I agree with a lot of that. He won’t be the last difficult personality the team has to deal with, though they seem to hope they can only rely on good character guys moving forward. The odds are he won’t make it, but I expect him to play well enough at times, sort of like Metu launching 3s with total confidence now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just got to their organization. This was his first game with their G-league affiliate. Have no doubt that if he plays well there, they'll bring him up to the Knicks.

And also have no doubt that if he shows he can play there, he will play. Unlike here where Pop went from praising his NBA play one game -- even saying he was earning more minutes -- then promptly sitting his ass for like 12 straight games thereafter, without even garbage time.

I have a feeling the Spurs royally screwed up his situation because he rubbed pop the wrong way.
    He’s on a 2 way. That’s all the contract he could get. His MAX time in NY is 45 days. That includes practice days, game days, travel days and off days.

Thibs doesn’t tolerate laziness or lack of effort, either. Probably more of a hard ass than Pop.
    Last edited by exstatic; 11-12-2021 at 08:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repost this when he plays actual NBA minutes and does something noteworthy other than the occasional three or defensive play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be having good games in the G-League, he was there for two years, however he should realize there is a huge difference between real NBA talent and G-League talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s on a 2 way. That’s all the contract he could get. His MAX time in NY is 45 days. That includes practice days, game days, travel days and off days.

Thibs doesn’t tolerate laziness or lack of effort, either. Probably more of a hard ass than Pop.
    Absolutely agree. My point is if he makes it there, it's because he is talented and does have heart despite the general consensus in spurslandia.

And if he does, I'd submit its a straight up repudiation of pop given Thibs is in fact probably an even hard ass than pop. just might mean Thibs let his talent shine.

We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the left is literally in favor of big government, handouts, social programs, high taxes, government dependence, etc.

also, tax breaks only work for one side of the political spectrum? lolwtf what a ty attempt at a counterpoint
    Honey, you “literally” have a middle school understanding of the bs mainstream media narrative. “Conservatives” by nature are lazy af

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the key isn't how luka performs in the g-league; he had several stellar outings for the austin spurs. for luka, it all comes down to how he plays in the NBA. that he is still in the g-league is a concern in of itself.
    Right,
    The other issue is I just don't think he's a very instinctive player. Despite the skills, athleticism. score. But not rotate on d or very slowly, think on offense. I know there was a lot of justifiable criticism of his motor, but I think it's compounded by his slow basketball processing speed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with OP, only because his waiving was necessitated by the signing of Bryan Forbes.
    NBA champion Brian Forbes. Put some respekt on his name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely agree. My point is if he makes it there, it's because he is talented and does have heart despite the general consensus in spurslandia.

And if he does, I'd submit its a straight up repudiation of pop given Thibs is in fact probably an even hard ass than pop. just might mean Thibs let his talent shine.

We'll see.
    People have been thinking he would turn it around for years, but he had a reputation as a lazy at ude case in Europe, long before we even drafted him. He should probably be very frugal and careful with that last few million he got when the Spurs waived hm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We'll see.
    No it wouldn't be a repudiation of Pop. IF he succeeds the Spurs should get some credit for giving him a kick in the butt. Also, Thibbs and Pop are close. Coincidence he landed with the Knicks?, Probably, but maybe not.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our guys would be like 10-2 if they only kept Samanic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our guys would be like 10-2 if they only kept Samanic
    Undefeated if he and Dejuan Blair were both starting in the frontcourt.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it wouldn't be a repudiation of Pop. IF he succeeds the Spurs should get some credit for giving him a kick in the butt. Also, Thibbs and Pop are close. Coincidence he landed with the Knicks?, Probably, but maybe not.
    His best performance was against the Knicks where he played great defense, so I think that’s why they picked him up. Ironic, considering his lazy reputation overall. But that’s my hunch.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undefeated if he and Dejuan Blair were both starting in the frontcourt.
    DUUUUUUUUUDE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a lot of questions going forward but Sammich doesn't answer any of them. HARD NO. Never should have been here as long as he was. Wasted pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honey, you “literally” have a middle school understanding of the bs mainstream media narrative. “Conservatives” by nature are lazy af
    So no argument? Got it.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my problem with republicans aka fake conservatives is they are so invariably pessimistic

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic should have been kept over Forbes, if that's what you mean. But even that "trade" wouldn't really move the needle for the current team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wanted us to keep him. There were a few players I would have let go before him. I also think the FO messed up the Off season again but haveing to cut him because they signed to many players. Luka I felt never got as much of a shot as other players. I also think he was more of a position of need and would have loved to see him start the year as a starter like lonnie did last year. If he did not preform atleast you gave him a shot.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G-League highlight reels?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean yeah its g-league. That said, keeping him couldn't have made the Spurs any worse... Hopefully, for his sake, being cut lit a fire under him he didn't have before. Danny Green turned it aroud after Cleveland booted him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wanted us to keep him. There were a few players I would have let go before him. I also think the FO messed up the Off season again but haveing to cut him because they signed to many players. Luka I felt never got as much of a shot as other players. I also think he was more of a position of need and would have loved to see him start the year as a starter like lonnie did last year. If he did not preform atleast you gave him a shot.
    My thoughts after the summer signings and trades were that it was going to come down to Sammich or Eubanks, and at least Eubanks tries. Sammich is a lazy ass, and there’s no spinning or fixing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts after the summer signings and trades were that it was going to come down to Sammich or Eubanks, and at least Eubanks tries. Sammich is a lazy ass, and there’s no spinning or fixing that.
    He has that Lyle’s en led, so talented but lazy.

Thread Information