Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes just needs to be a willing shooter.

Let's see if he can let it fly when Bigger names are in the game.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he said "the" instead of "that". I didn't mean to accuse you.

You're like a special ed mod. At least you understand you're a mod.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he said "the" instead of "that". I didn't mean to accuse you.

You're like a special ed mod. At least you understand you're a mod.
    Dude... what's up with your mod thing?
    Who gives a ? This is Spurstalk and we all know why (at least the vets) and how is given to whom.
    Goob and Kory run this and they have run it consistently for a coon's age.

You've been more influential than most, so you should be proud of the stamp you've put on this site already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to be impressed that Chip told Barry Forbes is the purest shooter he's ever worked with. Engullund has worked with some damn good shooters. Forbes should get some good looks in the regular season. Between him and Mills it improves the chances that one of them is hot on any given night.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude... what's up with your mod thing?
    Who gives a ? This is Spurstalk and we all know why (at least the vets) and how is given to whom.
    Goob and Kory run this and they have run it consistently for a coon's age.

You've been more influential than most, so you should be proud of the stamp you've put on this site already.
    Thanks brah.

Anyways I like saying it cause he pretended to not delete his posts without people noticing. Pretty funny. He was trying to hide his mod status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to be impressed that Chip told Barry Forbes is the purest shooter he's ever worked with. Engullund has worked with some damn good shooters. Forbes should get some good looks in the regular season. Between him and Mills it improves the chances that one of them is hot on any given night.
    You just know Chip is telling Pop, just put this guy in a place to make a shot and he'll not disappoint.

I would like a coach to tell Pop- Let this guy take the wheel for 30-40 games and see how spacing and the team, as a whole gels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks brah.

Anyways I like saying it cause he pretended to not delete his posts without people noticing. Pretty funny. He was trying to hide his mod status.
    Keep on, keeping on brother. you're one of the many reasons I stick around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Forbes needs is some Warriors style moving screens and he's set.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rjv its cool dude. It's not as bad as you think. Next time hit the edit button instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just know Chip is telling Pop, just put this guy in a place to make a shot and he'll not disappoint.

I would like a coach to tell Pop- Let this guy take the wheel for 30-40 games and see how spacing and the team, as a whole gels.
    With Tony laid up, Dijon rolling snake eyes and White being a rookie, you may get your wish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Tony laid up, Dijon rolling snake eyes and White being a rookie, you may get your wish.
    I can only hope...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Forbes needs is some Warriors style moving screens and he's set.
    Lauvergne and Bogut, we stacked. Plays called with a screen will be executed with perfection. Shooters and cutters will be open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauvergne and Bogut, we stacked. Plays called with a screen will be executed with perfection. Shooters and cutters will be open.
    Only problem is nobody gets a pass on moving screens (and outright shoves) like the Warriors do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of us, tbh. Our PG situation is so fouled up, though, that it doesn't seem totally impossible or ridiculous. Pop would love to be in a position to keep Patty with the second unit, so I do expect Bryn to to get some run with the starters. If he continues to impress as he is in SL, who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only problem is nobody gets a pass on moving screens (and outright shoves) like the Warriors do.
    Don't you be saying that right now homie...
    Don't be ruining my sleep!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes has been straight balling. Albeit against DLeague scrubs, but still - I think it's promising in a department where there's not much promise at all for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of us, tbh. Our PG situation is so fouled up, though, that it doesn't seem totally impossible or ridiculous. Pop would love to be in a position to keep Patty with the second unit, so I do expect Bryn to to get some run with the starters. If he continues to impress as he is in SL, who knows?
    The first 60 games are going to be him trying to figure out. It would be cool for Bryn to succeed, but it would be 10 times cooler for Murray to succeed. HE has more natural skiils, but if they don't function on the court... well. Go with what does function on the court, to the gameplan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first 60 games are going to be him trying to figure out. It would be cool for Bryn to succeed, but it would be 10 times cooler for Murray to succeed. HE has more natural skiils, but if they don't function on the court... well. Go with what does function on the court, to the gameplan.
    I hear you about Dijon. In truth, he was more impressive against the Dubs than he has been in SL. Training camp and pre-season will soon be here. That's where I expect us to see the real Dijon/Forbes duel

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear you about Dijon. In truth, he was more impressive against the Dubs than he has been in SL. Training camp and pre-season will soon be here. That's where I expect us to see the real Dijon/Forbes duel
    The Warriors weren't targetting him in those extended garbage minutes. You'll only know how good he really is when defences are keyed in on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors weren't targetting him in those extended garbage minutes. You'll only know how good he really is when defences are keyed in on him.
    While the Dubs were obviously not keying on Dijon, with Tony and Kawhi gone, he was playing more than garbage minutes. Bottom line is they were still the Dubs while SL opponents are still the scrubs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/summer-leag...222822928.html

"After receiving a surprising 24 minutes for injury-plagued San Antonio in the final game of the Western Conference finals, Forbes returned home to Lansing in late May and immediately turned his attention toward preparing for the Summer League. He knew it was a massive opportunity to prove himself, something he’s had to do at every level since high school."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons back to the Spurs confirmed.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of those moves Forbes made in the Portland game should work against NBA-level defenses too. Coming off a screen and launching a 3 Steph Curry style is very hard to defend, especially if Forbes has any sort of driving/in-between game. If Forbes can keep it up, a Forbes/Manu/Gay/Anderson/Lauvergne bench lineup has a lot of complementary skillsets, though the defense would be iffy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a player with no chance in this league ten years ago. A guy his size? No way. But in the current NBA he has a legitimate chance to be an effective player.

Thread Information