Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's right. The Mavs' 2011 NBA championship is theirs for good. I mean no one can take it away. Not Stern, no Le , or DWhistle. Every time I go to the AAC, I see the Mavs championship banner and I know that they earned it fair and square and that it is going to stay there forever and no one can take it away.
    Imagine that feeling multiplied by 4, 16, or 17 times.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    My Mavs are the last team to beat the Heat in the playoffs. I love that. I love the fact that Dirk, JET, JKidd, and the Mavs prevented Lecrab from getting his first ring.
    that's why i said you guys were lucky to steal one before our s figured out how to win championships as a team. if there was a rematch between current heat and the 11' mavs, im confident enough that we would defeat the mavs anyday of the week. we learned a lesson from 11' finals and we've been a different team ever since tbh.

Der Führer!
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's right. The Mavs' 2011 NBA championship is theirs for good.
    The Spurs had it in the bag, too.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^It was. It was over.

Now they're waking up in the middle of the nite and having that reality hit full blast. And it's hopeless. There is no way to remedy it. You lay there and you play it back. The anquish is untenable, so you scramble to your feet and walk the floors for a while till exhaustion takes hold and you can find the peace of sleep for a short while. It's a living . I don't wish it on anybody.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that's why i said you guys were lucky to steal one before our s figured out how to win championships as a team. if there was a rematch between current heat and the 11' mavs, im confident enough that we would defeat the mavs anyday of the week. we learned a lesson from 11' finals and we've been a different team ever since tbh.

You have 3 ALL STARS in their prime. You should beat any team in the league tbh... You act like that is something to be proud of. Prime Dirk, Prime Kidd, and Prime Carter would RAPE the Miami heat Tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^It was. It was over.

Now they're waking up in the middle of the nite and having that reality hit full blast. And it's hopeless. There is no way to remedy it. You lay there and you play it back. The anquish is untenable, so you scramble to your feet and walk the floors for a while till exhaustion takes hold and you can find the peace of sleep for a short while. It's a living . I don't wish it on anybody.
    But isn't there something heroic and courageous about getting "down into that misery" that your team is no doubt feeling?

It's uplifting and triumphant in a kind of way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But isn't there something heroic and courageous about getting "down into that misery" that your team is no doubt feeling?

It's uplifting and triumphant in a kind of way.
    I can't recall the misery now without the attendant deliverance a year later. I blocked that pure portion of it. Now all that remains is misery, severely tempered by vengeance. I still marinate myself in the ridicule and humiliation that was meted out. They (Celtics/Media) knew he would destroy them if they did not destroy him. But, he knew it, and unlike Wilt and West and Kareem who chose to surrender to them, Magic went another way. He planned their extermination as they were planning his.

You don't have that leg up, Midst. Your people don't. They weren't tormented by the Heat. They weren't conspired against by Media in order to eradicate their power. You'll have to find your motivation from within Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't recall the misery now without the attendant deliverance a year later. I blocked that pure portion of it. Now all that remains is misery, severely tempered by vengeance. I still marinate myself in the ridicule and humiliation that was meted out. They (Celtics/Media) knew he would destroy them if they did not destroy him. But, he knew it, and unlike Wilt and West and Kareem who chose to surrender to them, Magic went another way. He planned their extermination as they were planning his.

You don't have that leg up, Midst. Your people don't. They weren't tormented by the Heat. They weren't conspired against by Media in order to eradicate their power. You'll have to find your motivation from within Texas.
    Why do you think media always sided the Celtics over your guys?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why do you think media always sided the Celtics over your guys?
    The East Coast Media was still mighty then. It was on the tail end of it, but, still a formidible force. People don't like change. I don't like change as a rule. Things had been one way since the early 50's. Celtics had always punished us and we'd taken the punishment like good little boys. When Magic appeared they (Celtics and their Media goons/CBS in particular) could see and sense a sea change and so they fought it tooth & nail. The NBA, because of Stern was on the cusp of going truly "nationwide." In order to do that Stern had to lift the Celtic stranglehold and permit the teams to fight it out in open court. He did that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East Coast Media was still mighty then. It was on the tail end of it, but, still a formidible force. People don't like change. I don't like change as a rule. Things had been one way since the early 50's. Celtics had always punished us and we'd taken the punishment like good little boys. When Magic appeared they (Celtics and their Media goons/CBS in particular) could see and sense a sea change and so they fought it tooth & nail. The NBA, because of Stern was on the cusp of going truly "nationwide." In order to do that Stern had to lift the Celtic stranglehold and permit the teams to fight it out in open court. He did that.
    Sage words.

Thread Information