Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, he’s been out of the league for sometime because of racists comments I think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good now bring back Derrick Dial, Mark Bryant and Vinny Del Negro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol... Didn't he say the white fans didn't come to hawks games because of black people or something? Surprised Pop hired him

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, go Coyote go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good hire.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol... Didn't he say the white fans didn't come to hawks games because of black people or something? Surprised Pop hired him
    No he didn’t. He stated what someone else said and sjw railroaded him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure but his problem with Atlanta stemmed from his reading of a scouting report on a conference call in which the scout wrote something like 'he has a little African in him' referring to Luol Deng's game. Im pretty sure he consulted for nola after that.

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, he’s been out of the league for sometime because of racists comments I think
    I think what he did was read, in a staff meeting, a scouting report written by someone else which contained a racist comment. That’s the part I remember anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with the cap sheets looking the way they do the next few years this is great news tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's had work since the Deng thing and I think most people realize 6 years later what was said and what the context was. don't think it's really necessary to bring up or spend time discussing.

more enlightening from the standpoint of Brian Wright, the timing of this is kinda weird to me and I feel like it's not exactly an endorsement of him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's had work since the Deng thing and I think most people realize 6 years later what was said and what the context was. don't think it's really necessary to bring up or spend time discussing.

more enlightening from the standpoint of Brian Wright, the timing of this is kinda weird to me and I feel like it's not exactly an endorsement of him.
    I'm wondering about where Wright fits (if at all) going forward too..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    unexpected but welcomed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, go Coyote go!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering about where Wright fits (if at all) going forward too..
    not sure. If he's responsible for White, Johnson, Devin, then he has a role. But some of the free agent signings/trades have been a disaster.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he recommends a coaching change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news. Last offseason turned out to be a disaster. Trading away the guy who ends up being the most valuable player on the roster to sign someone who obviously wasn't completely on board with signing. And then since that disaster, it seems like the FO has been gun-shy and didn't do anything even though making a trade this past offseason was the obvious thing to do.

So, yeah, welcome back Danny Ferry. It seems like the FO could someone who doesn't have that Bertans/Morris cloud hanging over him.

And, hey, the Coyote got a promotion, too. He deserves it after all these years of service

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, though, it looks like the Kayode is likely a Brian Wright hire. They worked together with the Pistons for a couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, though, it looks like the Kayode is likely a Brian Wright hire. They worked together with the Pistons for a couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, sounds like a good guy to bring on board with the NBA about to switch back to allowing draft picks out of high school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he didn’t. He stated what someone else said and sjw railroaded him.
    Lol. SJW. What a up you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure but his problem with Atlanta stemmed from his reading of a scouting report on a conference call in which the scout wrote something like 'he has a little African in him' referring to Luol Deng's game. Im pretty sure he consulted for nola after that.
    Ah indeed. I think I'm mixing up two different things thanks for clarifying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If so thats pretty stupid. All Americans love them some live sports

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    June 2019- Spurs select Luka Samanic and Keldon Johnson. July 2019 Brian Wright is elevated to GM from Assistant. Wright certainly had a say in things at that point and I think we all understand KJ was a great pick and the jury is still out on Luka while some probably already think it was a terrible pick.

Davis Bertans is then traded to Washington, Marcus Morris bails out on whatever agreement was in place. We sign Demarre Carroll. From the standpoint of offseasons where there wasn't much flexibility to do anything it was pretty disastrous.

I'm of the opinion this offseason that there really probably wasn't much on the table for our vets, no one currently in contention wants to add Demar or LA and the fringe contenders don't want to part with anything of value to bring them in. That being said, with the packages offered for players like Jrue Holiday, you have to wonder how active we were in trade talks. So now, after the FA period is over and the trade market is cold until the deadline, we add an established NBA executive who has plenty of gas in the GM tank. I think RC and Pop gave Brian 2 years at the helm to see what he could do, realized he is not someone to make deals or rebuild a franchise, and brought in someone who can. With the cap space they have in the summer of 2021, you want someone who can see through the trees and understands the landscape of things better than what Wright has shown.

Thread Information