Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We couldn't do Doug, Charlotte's protected 1st and a 2nd rounder for Rui? Washington is actually looking to compete so they don't mind another knockdown shooter/vet in Doug. The Charlotte (though protected) is better than any 2nd rounder they got.

Another day, another reminder of how badly the front office has botched these past few seasons... as Alperen Sengun goes off for another triple double tonight.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Segun has improved Houston how much?

Rui is interesting but also a mental health case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who gives a about Rui? Like I'm sure he's not horrible, but I wouldn't trade a single asset for him. Giving a first and high second? WTF?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who gives a about Rui? Like I'm sure he's not horrible, but I wouldn't trade a single asset for him. Giving a first and high second? WTF?
    Charlotte looks to be a bottom feeder for the next 2 years. But they've also dealt with their share of injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a bench player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question would be why do we need Rui

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to send 3 2nds for him only to pay him $15-16 mil per in the summer. Meh. He's actually not very good, even when his counting stats are ok once in a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte looks to be a bottom feeder for the next 2 years. But they've also dealt with their share of injuries.
    I actually think Hornets would make a run. The Bridges thing happened and Ball can't stay on the court. I think Ball will have a Tre Young run in the next year or 2.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We couldn't do Doug, Charlotte's protected 1st and a 2nd rounder for Rui? Washington is actually looking to compete so they don't mind another knockdown shooter/vet in Doug. The Charlotte (though protected) is better than any 2nd rounder they got.

Another day, another reminder of how badly the front office has botched these past few seasons... as Alperen Sengun goes off for another triple double tonight.
    Give up 2 assets for a reclamation project 6 months from RFA? We may have missed on tank commander Sengun but we are not ORL/DET. That is how you end up with albatross contracts see Fultz and Bagley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Hornets would make a run. The Bridges thing happened and Ball can't stay on the court. I think Ball will have a Tre Young run in the next year or 2.
    They have to. If they suck for two more years, LaMelo is gone.

The team that scouted, drafted, and developed Rui didn’t want to pay him. Process that statement for a moment. He’s not worth wasting assets OR a big chunk of cap room on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ball brothers. Famous for making teams win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Hachimura... Why tho?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don’t like paying for something they can get for free next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Rui who we were targeting in that years draft

Most of us are in agreement the spurs need to tank...but we don't have any evidence that the spurs know how to tank outside of losing games...

They definitely don't seem to understand how to acquire young talent outside of the draft

Not saying that we should have traded for Rui but this is the perfect time to try and get some young guys from other teams on our teams that have a spotty history in the league cause its not like it matters much to us in the long run if they pan out or not, we are going to be very bad for AT LEAST 3 years

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have to. If they suck for two more years, LaMelo is gone.

The team that scouted, drafted, and developed Rui didn’t want to pay him. Process that statement for a moment. He’s not worth wasting assets OR a big chunk of cap room on.
    The same team that doesn't want to pay Rui decided to pay Beal the most money he could make while consistently not even being good enough to get them the 8th seed on a yearly basis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Most of us are in agreement the spurs need to tank...but we don't have any evidence that the spurs know how to tank outside of losing games...

They definitely don't seem to understand how to acquire young talent outside of the draft

Not saying that we should have traded for Rui but this is the perfect time to try and get some young guys from other teams on our teams that have a spotty history in the league cause its not like it matters much to us in the long run if they pan out or not, we are going to be very bad for AT LEAST 3 years
    We got roby and stanley, both lottery picks on the rebound.. we got basset. Were full of guys better than rui

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got roby and stanley, both lottery picks on the rebound.. we got basset. Were full of guys better than rui
    You can’t be serious.

I don’t think we should have been after Rui but pls don’t compare him to Stanley Johnson or Roby; both are fighting to stay in the NBA.

Also Roby was a second rounder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Rui was available for a while if the Spurs really wanted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The problem with 4th year players is that they want to get paid, and frankly, he hasn’t done anything to deserve it. He couldn’t reach and extension with the Wiz, and they probably offered $15-20M/yr. That’s pretty standard for a non-star draft pick.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR 1 minute minimum

#220 0.5 WAR Deni Avdija, Bogdon Bogdanovich, Jalen Duren, Markelle Fultz, Blake Griffin, Rui Hachimura, R.J. Hampton, Talen Horton-Tucker, Jalen Johnson, Stanley Johnson, Corey Kispert, Yuta Watanabe, Lindy Waters III, Justice Winslow

Hachimura, 750 minutes, -2.1 Offensive Raptor, 0.7 Defensive Raptor, -1.4 Total Raptor (So, a below average NBA player, but a half of a win better that as a top G-Leaguer.
    Stanley Johnson, 282 minutes, 3.3 Offensive Raptor, -0.6 Defensive Raptor, 0.6 Total Raptor (So above average NBA player, but not much playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR 1 minute minimum

#220 0.5 WAR Deni Avdija, Bogdon Bogdanovich, Jalen Duren, Markelle Fultz, Blake Griffin, Rui Hachimura, R.J. Hampton, Talen Horton-Tucker, Jalen Johnson, Stanley Johnson, Corey Kispert, Yuta Watanabe, Lindy Waters III, Justice Winslow

Hachimura, 750 minutes, -2.1 Offensive Raptor, 0.7 Defensive Raptor, -1.4 Total Raptor (So, a below average NBA player, but a half of a win better that as a top G-Leaguer.
    Stanley Johnson, 282 minutes, 3.3 Offensive Raptor, -0.6 Defensive Raptor, 0.6 Total Raptor (So above average NBA player, but not much playing time.
    Advanced stats aren’t be all end all.

RUI is a better offensive player than Johnson and Johnson is better defensive player than Rui.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if people get this, but there is already a PF on the team, who is a rookie, that the team sees a big future for and who they are trying to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Advanced stats aren’t be all end all.

RUI is a better offensive player than Johnson and Johnson is better defensive player than Rui.
    it's pretty tough to be a worse defender than Keldon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This x 100, especially for a team with tons of cap space in the off-season. You can just go out and sign a guy as good if not better than Rui. The calculus is slightly different for a team with no space like the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don't get to suggest trading an FRP and a 2nd for Rui and then say our front office sucks, lol.
    Last edited by scott; 01-26-2023 at 05:18 PM.

Thread Information