View Poll Results: Who would you pick to be your franchise player?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Duncan - Mr Fundamental

77 50.33%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon - The Dream

44 28.76%
  • Can't go wrong with either

32 20.92%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count
    1. McHale
    2. Duncan
    3. Olajuwon
    Check out the 86 Finals stats. My boy outplayed Akeem so badly he was in H. Dude had to change his name to commemorate the ass kicking.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They played different positions. But if you got a quote....
    As for Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O’Neal and who was tougher to play against?
    “Size wise Shaq was just a monster. You couldn’t move him. From a skills standpoint though, Hakeem had everything. If I’m starting a team that is probably the guy that I would start with.”

- Robinson

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He would start his team with Hakeem. Not Duncan

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O’Neal and who was tougher to play against?
    “Size wise Shaq was just a monster. You couldn’t move him. From a skills standpoint though, Hakeem had everything. If I’m starting a team that is probably the guy that I would start with.”

- Robinson
    He would start his team with Hakeem. Not Duncan
    Well, he did on Shaq if you prefer at C. But it's no secret that Duncan was a PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Robinson
    So between shaq and Hakeem, Robinson would choose Hakeem, not duncan. Robinson also picked Hakeem over Jordan, jabbar, magic, bird, Russell and wilt
    Last edited by ambchang; 07-23-2019 at 11:41 AM.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Damn, time flies.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn, time flies.
    Hey, fart face!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Hey, fart face!
    Still alive, eh?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We did have us some times, Dubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are top 5 all time, above Shaq and Kobe.

GTFO of here, Laker gots.

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Both Hakeem les occurred before Duncan joined the Association. Flag on les without Jordan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan in his prime had to take out two defending champs in the Lakers and Pistons. That's much harder than what Hakeem had to deal with.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out the 86 Finals stats. My boy outplayed Akeem so badly he was in H. Dude had to change his name to commemorate the ass kicking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem does not have enough finals appearances for all the love he gets. Ewing lost 4 times in the East to Jordan's Bulls. Who was the West Superpower Hakeem and The Rockets just could not get past?

Banned
    My Team
    Indiana Pacers
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    From 1984-1991 a team called THE LAKERS with magic Johnson before the AIDS. Durring that stretch Orlando Blackman Mavs werent bad along with Portland and Clyde Drexler.

From 1992-1995 They Did Alright,

After 1996 he was ing old.

WOW, like you guys never watched the NBA prior to discovering the SPURMS or something
    Right but he didn't lose to the Lakers til the 90s. His boogeyman seemed to be the Sonics, losing to them 3 times (twice in the 80s). Jazz also bested him in 80s. And the Mavericks you mentioned

That is a-lot of 1st Round exits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right but he didn't lose to the Lakers til the 90s. His boogeyman seemed to be the Sonics, losing to them 3 times (twice in the 80s). Jazz also bested him in 80s. And the Mavericks you mentioned

That is a-lot of 1st Round exits
    You'll just confuse people with all those FACTS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bumping this.. This Quarantine has me watching so many old NBA games.. I watched most of the 94 finals games. I was a kid back then, watching that series, but as an adult I didn't see anything so incredible from Hakeem in those 7 games that screams to me he puts Duncan to shame in any area of the game. Maybe people fell in love with the Dream Shake or something. Sure he destroyed David in 95 and Shaq but Duncan had his epic playoff runs of his own. You beat Shaq/Kobe in 2003 with Tony just out of High School, and Manu mostly getting yelled at by Pop you are pretty ing great..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 1984-1991 a team called THE LAKERS with magic Johnson before the AIDS. Durring that stretch Orlando Blackman Mavs werent bad along with Portland and Clyde Drexler.

From 1992-1995 They Did Alright,

After 1996 he was ing old.

WOW, like you guys never watched the NBA prior to discovering the SPURMS or something

86 they reached the finals.
    87 2nd round loss to Sonics. Sonics didn't reach finals..
    88 Loss to Dallas. Dallas didn't reach finals..
    89 Loss to Sonics. Sonics didn't reach finals.
    90 Lost to Lakers
    91 Lost to Lakers
    92 Missed playoffs
    93 Lost to Sonics.

Shouldn't Hakeem have been facing the Lakers most of the 80's? A lot of losses to mediocre teams..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly number of MVPs is relevant to this arguement.

Again, if Duncan comes into the league in the mid eighties he wins no MVPs, no DPOY awards and no rings. He would be Al Jefferson, a great player on a nothing team that no one ever talks about and quickly forgoten.

Its all about cir stance, he was incredibly fortunate to come in when he did. Duncan won MVPs because the level of talent in the league was ing awful. If Jordan doesn't play, Hakeem takes atleast 4 of his 6 MVP awards. And if you want to keep playing this 4>2, 2>1 bull , lets go ahead and bring up Robinson's MVP, and then how he was completly dismantled by a far superior player and the true MVP of that season. People want to asterix our championships, fine, but this entire era is post Jordan so it is all one giant *.
    If Jordan plays his prime in the 80's he might only have 1 or 2 rings and nobody says he is the GOAT.. The level of talent in the 90's is ing awful by comparison. See how easy that is? Unless you are telling me the Pacers, Knicks, Magic, Jazz, and Suns of the 90's are on the level of the Celts, Lakers, Pistons, 76ers? Not a chance..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    86 they reached the finals.
    87 2nd round loss to Sonics. Sonics didn't reach finals..
    88 Loss to Dallas. Dallas didn't reach finals..
    89 Loss to Sonics. Sonics didn't reach finals.
    90 Lost to Lakers
    91 Lost to Lakers
    92 Missed playoffs
    93 Lost to Sonics.

Shouldn't Hakeem have been facing the Lakers most of the 80's? A lot of losses to mediocre teams..
    88 Mavs were not mediocre. The Lakers had to get league welfare against them to make the finals.

Nonetheless, I tend to feel that Hakeem gets over-rated.

94 Rockets basically beat a Suns team in seven that should've beat them in five and been back in the finals. They then beat a Knicks team that frankly should've handled the business. Ewing is such a choker.
    95 Rockets were mediocre all season; but Drexler was the add-on that put them over the top as they caught lightning in a bottle. Beating Utah, lucky. Getting past Phoenix again, lucky. Spurs choked; but I wouldn't call it lucky. Playing a team in the finals that worse than all their western opponents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    88 Mavs were not mediocre. The Lakers had to get league welfare against them to make the finals.

Nonetheless, I tend to feel that Hakeem gets over-rated.

94 Rockets basically beat a Suns team in seven that should've beat them in five and been back in the finals. They then beat a Knicks team that frankly should've handled the business. Ewing is such a choker.
    95 Rockets were mediocre all season; but Drexler was the add-on that put them over the top as they caught lightning in a bottle. Beating Utah, lucky. Getting past Phoenix again, lucky. Spurs choked; but I wouldn't call it lucky. Playing a team in the finals that worse than all their western opponents.
    Ewing was awful in the series. And it was not amazing D by Hakeem that shut him down, he shut himself down.. He loved that Jump shot way too much and settled for it over and over.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Jordan was scared of Dream

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan was scared of Dream
    I don't see why? Dream got dumped out in Round 1 with alarming regularity..

Thread Information