Page 419 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3193694094154164174184194204214224234294695199191419 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 40782
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bagged me a moose - right off I-35 you ing libs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In before rmt replies with “I have a cu ber garden in my backyard, and we always eat delicious salads! Everyone should do the same” without answering for the fact that nobody is going to grow enough crops in their ing backyards to completely eliminate the need for grocery stores.

Not to mention they still need to go to a store to care for their garden and the soil, unless she has another boomer lady anecdote about having her own cow to everywhere.
    Well of course she has a cow. That’s how she gets milk, cheese, butter. Chickens for eggs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/113690...us-antibodies/

The experts, from the University of Bonn, said that their initial findings show that as many as 15 per cent of the town of Gangelt - dubbed the 'German Wuhan' - had antibodies to Covid-19.

These people had not shown symptoms and were not previously thought to have been infected, they added.

That figure is three times higher than previous estimates, and if correct then Germany's death rate is just 0.37 per cent

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The experts, from the University of Bonn, said that their initial findings show that as many as 15 per cent of the town of Gangelt - dubbed the 'German Wuhan' - had antibodies to Covid-19.

These people had not shown symptoms and were not previously thought to have been infected, they added.

That figure is three times higher than previous estimates, and if correct then Germany's death rate is just 0.37 per cent
    Weird that they say that then this:

But the academics cautioned that they cannot be extrapolated to the rest of Germany because Gangelt had a higher rate of infection.

Hopefully we can start useful testing here someday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In before rmt replies with “I have a cu ber garden in my backyard, and we always eat delicious salads!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t go to church nor am I religious. But if proper social distancing methods are put in place I don’t see people being allowed to go to church as a problem. I live in California and we’ve been sheltering in place longer than your state has. The grocery and hardware stores are a much bigger risk than a properly social distanced church service.
    Nobody needs to go to church.

Just stop already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, where are our results like the above study for the US?

Show me the link for the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, where are our results like the above study for the US?

Show me the link for the US.
    There was this one doctor in San Francisco that did some stuff

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

A phlebotomist working at Roseland Community Hospital said Thursday that 30% to 50% of patients tested for the coronavirus have antibodies while only around 10% to 20% of those tested have the active virus.

Sumaya Owaynat, a phlebotomy technician, said she tests between 400 and 600 patients on an average day in the parking lot at Roseland Community Hospital. Drive-thru testing is from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. each day. However, the hospital has a limited number of tests they can give per day.

Owaynat said the number of patients coming through the testing center who appear to have already had coronavirus and gotten over it is far greater than those who currently have the disease.

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/...virus-antibody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was this one doctor in San Francisco that did some stuff
    We've tested maybe half of the people Germany has per capita and there is no national strategy for testing I can see. That would be useful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird that they say that then this:

But the academics cautioned that they cannot be extrapolated to the rest of Germany because Gangelt had a higher rate of infection.

Yeah. Then there are a host of factors that could determine why some communities like Gangelt are okay while others with similar infection rates struggle. Good news for Gangelt isn't necessarily good news for the rest of the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody needs to go to church.

Just stop already
    Even many of the uber religious will tell you the same thing. This is just another case of Trumpers going against the grain just for the sake of it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In before rmt replies with “I have a cu ber garden in my backyard, and we always eat delicious salads! Everyone should do the same” without answering for the fact that nobody is going to grow enough crops in their ing backyards to completely eliminate the need for grocery stores.

Not to mention they still need to go to a store to care for their garden and the soil, unless she has another boomer lady anecdote about having her own cow to everywhere.
    cows need to be fed.
    my backyard wouldn’t last long.

I guess she has bundyfied some federal land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A phlebotomist working at Roseland Community Hospital said Thursday that 30% to 50% of patients tested for the coronavirus have antibodies while only around 10% to 20% of those tested have the active virus.

Sumaya Owaynat, a phlebotomy technician, said she tests between 400 and 600 patients on an average day in the parking lot at Roseland Community Hospital. Drive-thru testing is from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. each day. However, the hospital has a limited number of tests they can give per day.

Owaynat said the number of patients coming through the testing center who appear to have already had coronavirus and gotten over it is far greater than those who currently have the disease.

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/...virus-antibody
    Sumaya's probably gonna get fired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Then there are a host of factors that could determine why some communities like Gangelt are okay while others with similar infection rates struggle. Good news for Gangelt isn't necessarily good news for the rest of the world.
    I really hope we're halfway to herd immunity but I hope information like this isn't used to force relaxation of restrictions at some arbitrary date.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send me the proper seeds for the season and some fertilizer and something to kill the raccoons oppossums the squirrels. The family will all take times to protect the garden with the proper weapons.

or I can train Hawks and owls but if they do too good a job... I’m going to have to share meat.
    Gardener, pest assassin, raptor trainer.
    no problem

engage victory garden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do I grow Kale and zucchini in my apartment?
    rmt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope we're halfway to herd immunity but I hope information like this isn't used to force relaxation of restrictions at some arbitrary date.
    Health officials in Cali and Washington say - according to the info they do have - that their infection rates are quite small. In some places, herd immunity could be building up, but others haven't even had the chance to build it. Short term, they're okay, but they're stuck right now.

It's a fine line, and stories out of Gangelt of all places shouldn't give anyone a false sense of security.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 04-11-2020 at 01:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe some places like Milan, Queens, and Gangelt are building herd immunity. Not likely for everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just caught me a fish have meat now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have elk meat from last hunt for elk still

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just caught me a fish have meat now
    What do you grow in your Yuma victory garden? Coffee and bananas?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health officials in Cali and Washington say - according to the info they do have - that their infection rates are quite small. In some places, herd immunity could be building up, but others haven't even had the chance to build it. Short term, they're okay, but they're stuck right now.

It's a fine line, and stories out of Gangelt of all places shouldn't give anyone a false sense of security.
    herd works after 90%+ of the herd have antibodies.

CA has 40M people. 36M have been infected and recovered?

CA stay-home is stopping spread, nothing else.

As soon as people stop staying home /self isolating, the infections will arrive in waves, until there is a vaccine in the next couple years, at earliest

The pandemic will have a very long tail with multiple waves.

They do not if or how long covid-19 anti-bodies will provide immunity.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-11-2020 at 02:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    herd works after 90%+ of the herd have antibodies.

CA has 40M people. 36M have been infected and recovered?

CA stay-home is stopping spread, nothing else.

As soon as people stop staying home /self isolating, the infections will arrive waves, until there is a vaccine in the next couple years.

The pandemic will have a very long tail with multiple waves.

They do not if or how long covid-19 anti-bodies will provide immunity.
    100 percent. Herd immunity doesn't come before a massive increase in testing to determine who is building it, and a reliable tracking system to see who is safe and who is still a risk or at risk. We're not close to either of these things right now.

To the anti-bodies point, this is all assuming people actually aren't getting sick again. There are cases in East Asia where people seem to be either catching it again, or have the virus in their system for an extended period of time after their initial bout with it. Health experts say this is the exception to the rule, but there's still a lack of data out there, and it all comes back to the testing.

Thread Information