Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co.
    I appreciate the example, and concur with the lawyer assessment.

Again, anything can be challenged in court, but there’s fairly robust legalese about congress tax power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Bernie's year, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyhow, about the topic at hand, good for Timmy to participate in the political process.

Hopefully he’ll run for office one of these days after getting a haircut.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyhow, about the topic at hand, good for Timmy to participate in the political process.

Hopefully he’ll run for office one of these days after getting a haircut.
    Agreed. He needs to cut that hair and just go back to the mini fro or go with the old shaved head look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VI is a US territory.
    I know that I was not born yesterday. USA states have issues
    America first USA territory second
    Other
    Counties last especially ones that send people to USA illegally !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better hope he has no more heartaches

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate it break it the never Trumpers...but he ain’t losing.

Say whatever you want about the guy...he’s a total . But his results are undeniable and NOBODY even his supporters could’ve predicted his success.

But serious question? Y’all Bernie supporters really wanna get taxed more than you ever have in your lifetime?? The only people who don’t mind getting taxed out the ass are the people who don’t make money or a living...

Y’all also want more government control? Since when do people put their trust in the government AND the media??

Smh Sheep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie wants to raise min wage to 15
    15 times 40 is 600 a week
    Times 52 is 31,200

Want health care for all

Everyone over 29k pay 52 percent taxes

Means the people min wage makes
    7.33 an hour

So much for min wage increase !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you know:

Russia donated over $145,000,000 to the Clinton Foundation

Hillary Clinton sold 20% America’s Uranium to Vladimir Putin

Yet she's calling President Trump "Putin's Puppet," despite the fact that a 3 year, 40 million dollar investigation found no collusion

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Times 52 is 31,200

Want health care for all

7.33 an hour

I saw that but not sure how accurate it is...only thing for certain if he somehow becomes president..US Citizens will be taxed more than they ever have in their lives.

Only thing I agree on with Bernie is he knows the Swamp is corrupt. But as we’ve seen he doesn’t have balls to do anything about it. He folds like a lawn chair cause he knows he’s not .

Heads will roll in the swamp once Trump is re elected..the deep state knows it and that’s why you’ve seen the circus of trying to remove him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing is stopping him. could he give more? yeah, sure. i dont think its particularly relevant when it comes to his policy.

his biggest sticking point is wanting to guarantee healthcare to everybody. there's no donation he could give that's going to help that situation. that change can only be made through policy

he thinks the minimum wage should be higher (i personally disagree with a $15 minimum wage). nothing he donates would help that situation. would have to come through policy

on climate change... yeah he flies in private jets. is that hypocritical? somewhat. but the scope of good that can be made through policy is immeasurable. if he decided to only ride bicycles everywhere from now on, its not going to get us to where we need to be. its going to have to come from a much larger scale policy

bernie thinks that the tax code is unnecessarily kind to the wealthy. how is his decision to donate more money going to change that? it's not

you want to say there is some hypocrisy in the way he lives now? thats fine. but if he's sincere about the policies he wants to pass (and given his decades long track record of saying the same thing, i see no reason to believe that he's been lying this whole time), then thats what i'll measure him by when deciding who to vote for

im not going to convince you that his positions are right/wrong. you have your opinions and are en led to them. i just dont think that the particular criticism is worthy of consideration in deciding who to vote for
    What do you think would happen if minimal wage was raised to 15.00 an hour?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the good news is you don’t have to make that decision; your actual dollars don’t change in this scenario really. And you get to help others! Win-win.

But we just disagree - sure you may be healthy and most people vote for themselves vs others. That is totally rational behavior and doesn’t make you a bad person or anything. But a lot of us are starting to put this planet and others on equal footing as ourselves; especially when it means no real change in our quality of life.

But to not see how there is a societal payoff for others health? Like I said, you know how many American’s are literally trapped at jobs because they can’t afford health insurance?

Now imagine if that was not the case. Imagine all the people that could start business, make big changes, pump up the economy because they can work more vs being sick/injured all the time. Because they can leave jobs they hate to purse start ups and other careers without fear of dying or going into crippling debt is something health wise happens. There are real tangible benefits here.
    Do you like to occasionally have a soda, cookies, chips, beer, tobacco ? You can say goodbye to all of that if free health Care is implemented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you like to occasionally have a soda, cookies, chips, beer, tobacco ? You can say goodbye to all of that if free health Care is implemented.
    how do you figure? list me countries (you have a long list to pick from, pretty much all of them except the US) that implement government subsidized healthcare that have such prohibitions, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Times 52 is 31,200

Want health care for all

7.33 an hour

You should be on board with this, ducks... we're already paying your ER visits coz you make $7/hour with no insurance, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you a bot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Y’all also want more government control? Since when do people put their trust in the government AND the media??

Smh Sheep
    Ah yes, the whole "throw the baby out with the bathwater" argument in regards to mistrust in government...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing is Free. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate it break it the never Trumpers...but he ain’t losing.

Say whatever you want about the guy...he’s a total . But his results are undeniable and NOBODY even his supporters could’ve predicted his success.

But serious question? Y’all Bernie supporters really wanna get taxed more than you ever have in your lifetime?? The only people who don’t mind getting taxed out the ass are the people who don’t make money or a living...

Smh Sheep
    Well it's not much different than you putting your trust in the rich who by the way now run the government. I just believe the rich have done a ty job of running the government efficiently and I would just like to see something new.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... but there’s fairly robust legalese about congress tax power.

To say the least. The statement in the Cons ution,

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes,"

has been seen from the beginning as empowering any sort of tax that a government might impose. It was intended that way. The Founders didn't presume to know exactly what sort of taxation would be needed to support the new government they were creating. They left the specifics to later generations, based on experience.

The power of the USA to collect an income tax was always there. The Pollock case, and then the 16th amendment, only addressed details of exactly how the congress had to go about it.

But on the more important matter, Tim Duncan's hair, the younger generation might prefer his casual look, and their votes are important. Getting an "establishment" haircut could cost him votes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it's not much different than you putting your trust in the rich who by the way now run the government. I just believe the rich have done a ty job of running the government efficiently and I would just like to see something new.

I hate to be the bearer of sad tidings, but you won't see anything new. For example, a majority of the population is already under "government health insurance" but it's administered by private insurance companies, because those companies have the clerical capability to do it. Free, ahem, universal health coverage won't change that. It will still be administered the same, through the big insurance companies - because nobody else can do it. The rich, who own big stakes in those companies, will make out like bandits. They'll have a government-guarenteed customer base, and thus a government-guarenteed (very large) income. The rich will get richer. So it goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sadly I doubt it

There are too many candidates for him to be able to get 51%

this means it will go to DNC superdelegates which will never select Bernie

I think they are keeping the scrubs in the filed to do exactly this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Bernie’s got Putin’s endorsement. Anybody want to guess why? Does he think Bernie’s the easily most beatable by Trump or maybe that Bernie elected is equally or even more divisive to the US population at large than Trump. Must be some reason.
    “apparently”

because CNN is parroting some secret sauces?

the “intelligence” even said they dont know how russia is interfering but they just have an “assertion”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. A win-win for Putin. And Putin has those naked pictures of Trump with a donkey to hold him in line.
    ^ still believes the russia hoax even after Mueller proved nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think would happen if minimal wage was raised to 15.00 an hour?
    everybody will die

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not really into the whole political bull , but I'm no longer getting ed on my taxes. I did get ed pretty much the entire Obama presidency. And I was a kid during Bush so I can't speak on that.

Thread Information