San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Might go see this one on Wednesday

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Might go see this one on Wednesday
    "Warner Bros. might have been concerned that if the movie go too much early attention, today’s modern-day witch hunters would push for a theatrical boycott. A legitimate fear now that the left has resurrected political blacklists with a vengeance."

no

They were not concerned about anything like that.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "an incredible $81 million"

Incredible! It's only the 37th film of 2018 to reach $81 million! It's practically unprecedented!

LOL conservative PR machine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Right? I'm pretty sure that's what the studio wanted for it to be profitable.

But somehow Eastwood is blacklisted for talking to a chair.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The left boycotted The Mule about as much as the right has boycotted Netflix.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I suppose Chris and Breitbart imagine that, without SJW resistance of the film, The Mule would be pulling in Black Panther box office numbers?

It's just weird that they're touting it as both an example of blacklisting and as an incredible success, two contradictory claims and neither of which is really accurate. It's going to probably do as well as Million Dollar Baby, that Clint Eastwood directed movie that Leftist Hollywood awarded Best Picture.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^ several obvious Left type moments like the cops doing the traffic stop on the scared stiff born in the U.S. Mexican guy. Clint went so out of his way to push that. "Statistically this is the most dangerous 5 seconds of my life." Ditto with redneck cop later hassling the Drug Lords prick son and his friend. Earl intervenes "Have some caramel corn officer".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Was probably just in the screenplay. I guarantee no one at the studio said "Clint, you gotta left this up if you don't want to be blacklisted for that chair business."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In 2014, two years after the chair skit, Clint Eastwood's American Sniper made over $350 million and was nominated for several Oscars including Best Picture.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm sure Clint had creative control over the screenplay.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I'm sure Clint had creative control over the screenplay.
    it's the same dude who wrote Gran Torino.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Warner Bros. might have been concerned that if the movie go too much early attention, today’s modern-day witch hunters would push for a theatrical boycott. A legitimate fear now that the left has resurrected political blacklists with a vengeance."

no

They were not concerned about anything like that.
    What makes you so damn ing sure?

"an incredible $81 million"

Incredible! It's only the 37th film of 2018 to reach $81 million! It's practically unprecedented!

LOL conservative PR machine.

Is the Left blowing the doors of the box office with this kind of fare?

I suppose Chris and Breitbart imagine that, without SJW resistance of the film, The Mule would be pulling in Black Panther box office numbers?

It's just weird that they're touting it as both an example of blacklisting and as an incredible success, two contradictory claims and neither of which is really accurate. It's going to probably do as well as Million Dollar Baby, that Clint Eastwood directed movie that Leftist Hollywood awarded Best Picture.
    I guess you did not read the thread re .

In 2014, two years after the chair skit, Clint Eastwood's American Sniper made over $350 million and was nominated for several Oscars including Best Picture.

And Get Out got the sucking American Sniper deserved.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is the Left blowing the doors of the box office with this kind of fare?
    Why is the opposite of The Mule "the left"? Is The Mule a conservative work? Was it made by Oklahomans?

Hollywood is doing just fine with this kind of fare (otherwise known as "movies").

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess you did not read the thread re .
    I was responding to a specific post in the thread, featuring a re ed Breitbart article posted by a re , re . Let me know which part of my response is inaccurate.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    it's the same dude who wrote Gran Torino.
    Correct.
    And do you think Clint had say so over how the screen play would or would not be changed?

In 2007, Nick Schenk was a writer and producer for Bodog Fight (the mixed-martial arts compe ion television show) when his screenplay for Gran Torino was optioned by Jenette Kahn. When Clint Eastwood read it, he not only decided to direct and star in it but he also insisted that not a word be changed by the studio. Subsequently the only script changes made were to tailor it to the location where it was shot (Michigan) as opposed to Minnesota where it was originally set. -wiki
    -

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And Get Out got the sucking American Sniper deserved.
    American Sniper's was more than thoroughly sucked. It was nominated for six Oscars and appeared on a lot of end-of-year Top Ten lists. And it wasn't that good.

Get Out came out two years later, so it's weird that you've decided that's the direct comparison you want to make. Perhaps the complexion of the leads in that film were problematic for your racist ass?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Correct.
    And do you think Clint had say so over how the screen play would or would not be changed?

In 2007, Nick Schenk was a writer and producer for Bodog Fight (the mixed-martial arts compe ion television show) when his screenplay for Gran Torino was optioned by Jenette Kahn. When Clint Eastwood read it, he not only decided to direct and star in it but he also insisted that not a word be changed by the studio. Subsequently the only script changes made were to tailor it to the location where it was shot (Michigan) as opposed to Minnesota where it was originally set. -wiki
    -
    that quote doesn't help your assertion at all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that quote doesn't help your assertion at all.
    Clint had absolute say on how a screen play would or would not be altered.
    100% validates my point.

Not interested in going round and round with you just for your attempted trollings sake.
    If you think Clint as director of The Mule could not alter the script one iota...don't know what to tell you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Clint had absolute say on how a screen play would or would not be altered.
    100% validates my point.

Not interested in going round and round with you just for your attempted trollings sake.
    If you think Clint as director of The Mule could not alter the script one iota...don't know what to tell you.
    Of course he could and the studio could.

You 💯proved he didn't.

lol

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    American Sniper's was more than thoroughly sucked. It was nominated for six Oscars and appeared on a lot of end-of-year Top Ten lists. And it wasn't that good.

Get Out came out two years later, so it's weird that you've decided that's the direct comparison you want to make. Perhaps the complexion of the leads in that film were problematic for your racist ass?

Not really related to this specific tangent, but Jordan Peele really showed his chops. Considering he was "meh" at best in comedy, I was really, really surprised to learn he directed and wrote Get Out. Hope to see more from him as that might be one of the finest directorial debuts this side of Orson Welles.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why is the opposite of The Mule "the left"? Is The Mule a conservative work? Was it made by Oklahomans?

Hollywood is doing just fine with this kind of fare (otherwise known as "movies").
    I meant the budget and lack of IP re .

I was responding to a specific post in the thread, featuring a re ed Breitbart article posted by a re , re . Let me know which part of my response is inaccurate.
    Not being aware of reality re .

No it wasn't compared to how big it was not being an IP movie.

You called me the equivalent of a child molester. Okay re , prove it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now available to order in Blue Ray and HD from Amazon and Wallymart.
    Delivered in early April.

Thread Information