Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bryn obviously was on fire in this game and the team has been struggling to score in recent games.

The fact Hilliard also made an appearance in the game makes me question how desperate Pop really is to make a move...
    Last edited by SAGirl; 01-29-2018 at 04:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Danny has been kind of annoying for years now...absolutely no confidence in him when he shoots.

D is also a tad overrated imo

Shooting guard that can't shoot....awesome....especially when the PG can't score either.

Real contending type back court there

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fatty Meals also saw playing time late in the game.

Poop sure loves his precious fat hobbitses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fatty Meals also saw playing time late in the game.

Poop sure loves his precious fat hobbitses.
    I mentioned at one point to MaNu4Tres that Danny would be the guard losing minutes in the equation that has all of Murray/Tony/Patty/Manu/Danny/Bryn healthy...
    He got exasperated with me but it's just Pop has been playing his small guards all season together for as long as he can get away with it.

I noticed Danny, Kyle, Pau didn't start in the 3rd with Pop going with Bryn, Hilliard, and Davis to start. He may have chewed them out at half time or simply explored a group that he thought could give him more offensively. Danny may just have never gotten into the game again bc Bryn was having a career night game and Pop ride the hot hand bc the team needs scoring doesn't matter from who right now.

It may mean nothing but in light of how tenuous things are currently, who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This backcourt is so ed. Patty's Meals, Toilet Paper Parker and Danny I can't hit a en shot or bounce the ball Green. That's 36 million bux for 3 average backcourt players who are now all coming off the bench. The front office have really ed up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned at one point to MaNu4Tres that Danny would be the guard losing minutes in the equation that has all of Murray/Tony/Patty/Manu/Danny/Bryn healthy...
    He got exasperated with me but it's just Pop has been playing his small guards all season together for as long as he can get away with it.

I noticed Danny, Kyle, Pau didn't start in the 3rd with Pop going with Bryn, Hilliard, and Davis to start. He may have chewed them out at half time or simply explored a group that he thought could give him more offensively. Danny may just have never gotten into the game again bc Bryn was having a career night game and Pop ride the hot hand bc the team needs scoring doesn't matter from who right now.

It may mean nothing but in light of how tenuous things are currently, who knows?
    Pop was disappointed in Kyle, Danny and Pau after the first half, so he sat all 3 players. Bryn was on fire, so he rightfully rode that hand. It wasn't Mills who started for Green, it was Bryn. Your argument was that in the playoffs, in the scenario where everyone was healthy, Mills would be taking Dannys minutes. I still disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Danny has been kind of annoying for years now...absolutely no confidence in him when he shoots.

D is also a tad overrated imo

Shooting guard that can't shoot....awesome....especially when the PG can't score either.

Real contending type back court there
    Danny Greens defense overrated?? He was top 3 shotblocking guards last season. GTFOH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great move by Pop tbh, Bynn was excellent last night.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Irreplaceable"

Good on Forbes for following the footsteps of Belinelli, Simmons, and Manu in bailing out the corpse of Danny as per usual....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest issue for us most of the year has been scoring the ball. Danny and KA gave us virtually nothing on the offensive end. Maybe Davis started so it could mean less Joff time, idk.

64 points in the 2nd half, definitely a nice outing in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Greens defense overrated?? He was top 3 shotblocking guards last season. GTFOH
    being a good shotblocker at your position does not make you a great defender...did you watch danny last season? he was VERY lazy on defense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This backcourt is so ed. Patty's Meals, Toilet Paper Parker and Danny I can't hit a en shot or bounce the ball Green. That's 36 million bux for 3 average backcourt players who are now all coming off the bench. The front office have really ed up.
    are you telling us that our role players are role players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    being a good shotblocker at your position does not make you a great defender...did you watch danny last season? he was VERY lazy on defense...
    Did YOU watch last season. Nothing about Danny’s defense was lazy or bad or anything but really damn good. Even without the shotblocking Danny’s defense was tremendous overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is bound to be a stat somewhere that shows Green's defense last season. Personally, I thought he shied away from trying to beat the opposing guard who wanted to take him to a pick on the high post. He got some blocks by following the guy around and blocking from behind, but since you can't do that every time, I wished he'd try to fight through the picks more. I think he is playing too soft, does't want to get hurt. He CAN play good d, but it seems to depend on his mood on a particular night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is bound to be a stat somewhere that shows Green's defense last season. Personally, I thought he shied away from trying to beat the opposing guard who wanted to take him to a pick on the high post. He got some blocks by following the guy around and blocking from behind, but since you can't do that every time, I wished he'd try to fight through the picks more. I think he is playing too soft, does't want to get hurt. He CAN play good d, but it seems to depend on his mood on a particular night.
    By all metrics almost every single year he grades out well. SA had the top defense last year and Danny was a huge part. Kawhi has been out all year and SA IS STILL A TOP 3 defense. Danny has a major impact.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bryn obviously was on fire in this game and the team has been struggling to score in recent games.

The fact Hilliard also made an appearance in the game makes me question how desperate Pop really is to make a move...
    Well, many fans have expressed disappointment in Pop over the years for sticking to his subs ution patterns, regardless of how they're playing. It's refreshing to see a change, even if it's in a meaningless regular season game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade deadline looming in 10 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing wrong with benching Green. Danny has to respond to it the right way. Danny used to be benched on the regular before the le run. Other than his following contract season, I think Danny's gotten a bit complacent, both in his own play and in his desire to remain with the team. Pop reminding Danny that he's only starting and on the roster because he's a good player, and if he's not going to snap out of his funk, both of those things will change. Green seems to be an important player for chemistry with domestic players like LMA and Kyle, but if anything, him and Pop sort of moving past the "whipping boy" phase has coincided with a general lack of discipline on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be incredible to see Danny actually sour on wanting to play for SA after everything he’s said, done and what SA did for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be incredible to see Danny actually sour on wanting to play for SA after everything he’s said, done and what SA did for him.
    I don't think Danny's souring on playing in SA at all. I think it's the opposite. It's like he considers himself married to the organization and expects to retire there. He's essentially doing the equivalent of letting himself go after getting into a committed relationship. I think Pop has done something similar when it comes to coaching the roster too, but that's a different story.

However, Danny's pretty much cut his career earnings in half by committing to SA over taking bigger offers with other teams. I think at this point he's paid them back enough to leave without jeopardizing his long-term place in the organization's history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we can't be embarrassed to have a SG who scores 5 points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade deadline looming in 10 days.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avery Bradley is available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its pretty frightening how much our offense seems to swing based on whether or not danny knocks down his open shots or not.

Thread Information