Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy

His group

Pop is mad as !
    Pop didn't seem mad, more resigned than anything else. He's just not giving Kawhi cover any more. He is legit pointing the questions to where they need to go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't consider what Pop is doing to be 'bad mouthing'. He's simply pointing the questions of his return to those making the decision over whether Kawhi plays or not: his group. He's actually showing great restraint by NOT openly bad mouthing Kawhi or his group.

The Group was always going under the microscope once the scope of the media went national for the playoffs. They wouldn't be dealing with the local SA 'softball' media any more. They didn't plan it very well, or act proactively by releasing some sort of statement before game one, and they got slammed. Not Pop's fault.
    Fair enough. I guess he is just telling the truth and the people that should be answering those questions is Kawhi's group, not Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say whatever you want about Pop but if he the GOAT man-manager-- as well-spoken as he is-- gets triggered like that, you know it is a lost cause.

We are basically talking about a player hijacking by his camp. At this point, it is legitimate to ask whether Kawhi is suffering from a mental issue (anxiety, hypochondria..etc) that's enabling all of this..

It just so weird. I have never seen any player who had quit on team behave like this. So little effort being put at just pretending otherwise..

"his group" are ballsy MFer. They better be sure he will be back to his MVP-level for his new team, because his baggage is so in' toxic.
    Great post!
    Totally disappointed in Kawhi! Leaving his team out to dry and not even supporting them by being on the bench. Whoever he's listening to is ruining his reputation and career! He will lose money for this crap! What a shame!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying it doesn't matter. LMA nearly signed with Phoenix when they were a repeated catastrophe and had players bad mouth the organization that very year on their way out.

People like to imagine that how organizations treat players matters greatly but it doesn't.

If it did, there wouldn't be any issues with Kawhi, now would there?

They've done everything for him. Pop talked him up as the future years before even a majority of Spurs fans did. He talked him up and celebrated him. Durant was calling him a system player, all the talking heads were downplaying him, but the Spurs had his back. Pop even talked him up as THE best player in the car whole league. What did it get the Spurs?

When he sprained his ankle in game 5, despite the criticism', Pop held him out to protect Kawhi's health. What did it get the Spurs?

They shielded him from the media, he never had to take the big media star in he didn't want to. What did it get the Spurs?

Desperate to help the team, Pop debased himself before LMA to keep him engaged. Not for Pop's own benefit, for Kawhi to have his best chance. What did it get the Spurs?

If doing right by players, if treating Kawhi better and supporting him better than any other team could means so much ... Why is Kawhi doing everything a player could to screw a team over?

Not being with the team, leaving the city for months, getting his own medical team, refusing to talk, having people in his sphere talking trash to the media on his behalf.

If his goal was to screw the Spurs over by simultaneously tanking his value, dividing the team and destroying locker room chemistry, dissuading possible suitors from non-huge markets from even bidding with leaks, and ruining the reputation of a coach near retirement ... then Kawhi is doing a magnificent job!

I'd give him an A+ in franchise killing
    Excellent Post Objective!

What can Pop do when the guy doesn't speak? Send the media to ask Kawhi or his people? This is disgraceful that he won't even sit with the team! If you're hurt, then we will understand but this BS of not saying anything and letting your team down by not being with them says it all! Your people are ruining your reputation!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever he's listening to is ruining his reputation and career!
    Nah..The only thing that could ruin his career is his quad.

If he's able to heal and play at great level again for any other teams, no one will care about what happened this season.

He will lose money for this crap!
    And the Spurs too. Don't forget about that. If he loses his trade-value, the Spurs are ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop didn't seem mad, more resigned than anything else. He's just not giving Kawhi cover any more. He is legit pointing the questions to where they need to go.
    I think you can see he's done with the whole drama. I just cannot see this getting patched up. Pop doesn't like guys doing diva like things. Having your own group and doctors and such, will not fit into his view of being a good teammate.

And I agree with him about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah..The only thing that could ruin his career is his quad.

If he's able to heal and play at great level again for any other teams, no one will care about what happened this season.

And the Spurs too. Don't forget about that. If he loses his trade-value, the Spurs are ed.
    Do you think Kawhi has done anything wrong or handled any of this poorly?

Also, do you you think SA should offer the SuperMax with no stipulations?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Kawhi
    Go Kawhi

Sperms

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really liked Stu. If you aren't dissing the man, I love your sig! In spite of myself I have to laugh every time I see your posts (which are too infrequent).
    Haha. Not dissing the man at all. I've received my share of laughs over the yr since this has been my handle/fantasy sports name for some time.

Yeah. I'd argue ive watched more Spurs bball than most here, since my family had season tickets back in the Hemisphere arena. But due to my lower post count ppl dont know that, but I've never been a messageboard guy anyway, especially this forum seems to be just a bunch of BS nowadays.

Just pop in once in awhile to see if Kori and Timvp are back haha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the butt of NBA twitter jokes ..

This better have a something like a '03 Duncan/'11 Dirk playoff run in him..Otherwise, he is never coming back from this travesty..

Nothing sticks more on an NBA player than a soft reputation..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah actually came out of that quite well, because they didn't F around once they realized the situation was irrevocably broken. They pulled the trigger on a trade at the soonest opportunity. I think the Spurs had their 'aha' moment when he fled back to NY for the second time. That's why I think they'll field offers and pull the trigger, either at the draft, or early in the FA window. I don't see Kawhi being a Spur by 15 July.
    Yep...I just wonder what they could possibly get for him now. The not knowing about the severity of his injury. The perceived disrespect for his teammates and his contract. There's so much at stake I think for both sides to somewhat play nice, even if that "nice" is not saying anything. Kawhi's camp knows they are going up against probably the most respected/connected coach and team in the NBA. Also, Pop is trying to protect the Spurs legacy and future. Not to mention, he's slated to coach team USA. I wonder how the Olympics would play out if Pop tore into Kawhi and his group? I say get as much as you can by trading him out East. Unless someone in the West is offering a Herschel Walker-type trade, I wouldn't do Kawhi any favors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a tragedy for Kawhi, falling from the top of the NBA down to a joke

Either bad advice or he was just too naive to figure out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We all love a great comeback story....... Just think of the headlines........ It will take some time & 1 of a public address from Kiwi & or his camp, if he somehow figured out a way to patch things up & rejoin the SPURS next season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think you could have scripted a worse nightmare scenario . From the "quite assassin" to a meme of cowardice, softness and quitting.

How the did it come down to this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long until we see some kawhi jersey burning footage
    well it started. we are just like every other franchise. duncan era officially over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ And yes I totally believe MaNu4Tres on the the uncle pulling the strings or at least most of them. And at that, he is an amateur dumb with Kawhi, though not totally innocent, proving to be a gullible patsy.

The guy can't just string a couple of sentences together and you want me to believe he is the sole architect of his own downfall..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say whatever you want about Pop but if he the GOAT man-manager-- as well-spoken as he is-- gets triggered like that, you know it is a lost cause.

We are basically talking about a player hijacking by his camp. At this point, it is legitimate to ask whether Kawhi is suffering from a mental issue (anxiety, hypochondria..etc) that's enabling all of this..
    Respectfully, a few of us have been saying this for months, and it was legit back then, too. Welcome to the party!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you could have scripted a worse nightmare scenario . From the "quite assassin" to a meme of cowardice, softness and quitting.

How the did it come down to this?
    Worse scenario, he could have just signed the SM and then in the 1st 5 minutes of preseason suffer a careering injury..... Never to play again... That would suck........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all started when we went out and got LMA... Not that he is a bad player, but he is not the system player we needed. he changed how we been running things. then there was the Pau G. signing ( garbage signing )..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worse scenario, he could have just signed the SM and then in the 1st 5 minutes of preseason suffer a careering injury..... Never to play again... That would suck........
    I'm speaking reputation-wise..This is about the biggest hit on him as one could've imagined..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all started when we went out and got LMA... Not that he is a bad player, but he is not the system player we needed. he changed how we been running things. then there was the Pau G. signing ( garbage signing )..
    Durant thinks we already have the system player we need, tbh:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm speaking reputation-wise..This is about the biggest hit on him as one could've imagined..
    So be it... FANS & I mean all fans are pretty much suffer from short term memory loss.. IF he comes out and apologies signs an extension with the SPURS, addresses the media.. I am sure all will be forgotten and forgiven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Injured New Orleans Pelicans center DeMarcus Cousins recently relocated back to his off-season home of Las Vegas to continue his six-day per week rehabilitation regimen from his torn Achilles' tendon injury, a source told ESPN's The Undefeated. The four-time NBA All-Star hopes to attend an upcoming Pelicans playoff game, but the source said such is difficult due to his rehab.
    Cousins doing similar to Kawhi fwiw.

Thread Information