Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's difficult to point to the exact piece of hay that broke the camel's back....

However, the downfall was actually many years in the making. There are layers to it.The reason I don't say more is that to do so, I'd have to name names. There are like four or five prominent people right in the middle of the drama that media members don't really mention -- or only mention peripherally.

That said, I know some of the ESPN decision makers are now weighing whether to divulge more. With the Raptors in the Finals, they know it'd be a huge story that could be worth the blowback. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance they'll publish it in the next week.
    With all the minutiae written about Kawhi, I think the player's only meeting was the final straw for Kawhi. Before that he tried to come back and play and was attending games.

Years in the making? Do I recall correctly from prior readings that a Spurs front office person spoke disrespectful to Kawhi pissing him off a couple of years before the injury?

I wonder what blowback ESPN is worried about? We are not the Knicks or Lakers with a lot of power in the league. We are a small market team with perhaps the poorest ownership group in the league. Does ESPN really fear RC Buford? Or even Pop for that matter? We're yesterday's news now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cough cough peter holt..cough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mistrust surrounding the injury definitely played a prominent role; Uncle Dennis isn't lying about that. It's difficult to point to the exact piece of hay that broke the camel's back but this was up there.

However, the downfall was actually many years in the making. There are layers to it.

The reason I don't say more is that to do so, I'd have to name names. There are like four or five prominent people right in the middle of the drama that media members don't really mention -- or only mention peripherally. Even if I drop vague hints, it'd take ST about five minutes to guess the names.

Everyone I've emailed with regarding further details has come to the same conclusion: not worth the consequences. The people involved would deny it and there's a good chance of being blackballed.

That said, I know some of the ESPN decision makers are now weighing whether to divulge more. With the Raptors in the Finals, they know it'd be a huge story that could be worth the blowback. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance they'll publish it in the next week.
    I was thinking today why hasn't any media member grilled Leonard on his 2018 behavior and out comes this article with his agent/relative offering some explanation. I understand Leonard is stunted in interaction so I'm looking forward to hearing the entire background of why he departed like he did. And as long as TD isn't one of those 4/5 (and it would be impossible to believe he would be) then all names should be disclosed. Manu can take the heat as he's already been blamed for calling out Leonard last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm outraged. I need a safe space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu wasnt right or wrong. He was merely a compe or.

The Organization was in the wrong for making Manu, Tony and the rest of players think that Kawhi was fine and it was just a matter of him not wanting to play.

That completely ruined the relationship between Kawhi and the Org.

But Manu was the most aggressive of all the spurs vets in pursuing kawhi. He was just smarter with words than Tony. In the end, he ended up alienating kawhi too. So I suppose you can say he was partly to blame
    Manu is a Spur and Kawhi is a ...Manu played hurt/injured most of his career...so did Timmy...so did Tp...Kawhi had enough rehab and if he wanted to he could have shut it down for the year...the option was on the table ...but he and his group were stringing the Spurs along the entire year...and for players like Manu that has to be frustrating... we as fans were frustrated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fkla would smash that swine. Hes got a thing for ugly and below average looking cave es

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mistrust surrounding the injury definitely played a prominent role; Uncle Dennis isn't lying about that. It's difficult to point to the exact piece of hay that broke the camel's back but this was up there.

However, the downfall was actually many years in the making. There are layers to it.

The reason I don't say more is that to do so, I'd have to name names. There are like four or five prominent people right in the middle of the drama that media members don't really mention -- or only mention peripherally. Even if I drop vague hints, it'd take ST about five minutes to guess the names.

Everyone I've emailed with regarding further details has come to the same conclusion: not worth the consequences. The people involved would deny it and there's a good chance of being blackballed.

It's the ownership group. The Holts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And this is why I hate seeing the raptors succeed. This crap of kawhi won’t stop. And if they end up winning, we’ll probably hear it all year next year. I’m almost expecting it at this point

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu gets away with a lot. The dude choked in 13 and all of that got pushed onto Kawhi. Fouled Dirk in 06. .4 happened in his face. etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the ownership group. The Holts.
    Three years ago, not sure if posters recall..Before the whole dilemma. There was a report that someone in ownership disrespected Kawhi.

I cant recall who it was though. Its very hard to find that thread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would ESPN release a negative story to destroy the rep of the guy that is in the Finals? Especially since you believe they are all about protecting NBA superstar's reputations? If anything they'd want to pump him up vs the Warriors. Sell it as some sort of redemption story, redemption for last season, for the injury against the Warriors etc. And when the Finals is over, regardless of result, a full on push to get him to go to LA (mainly the Lakers).
    Don't know the point of your post when I actually said this in my original post: The fact ESPN doesn't want to mention those 4-5 people makes me believe that #2 was more at fault since ESPN is all about protecting NBA superstar's reputations. They gain more by releasing the truth if it destroys the Spurs more so than if it destroys #2's rep. I have said for a while the media is sucking him off because they so badly want the Lakers to be relevant again and are hoping he will go there. Granted I think they would still be somewhat happy if he decides to go to the Clippers since they love to be in LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know the point of your post when I actually said this in my original post: The fact ESPN doesn't want to mention those 4-5 people makes me believe that #2 was more at fault since ESPN is all about protecting NBA superstar's reputations. They gain more by releasing the truth if it destroys the Spurs more so than if it destroys #2's rep. I have said for a while the media is sucking him off because they so badly want the Lakers to be relevant again and are hoping he will go there. Granted I think they would still be somewhat happy if he decides to go to the Clippers since they love to be in LA.
    Stop with the imagination

The Spurs were 70% to blame in this situation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K
    Three years ago, not sure if posters recall..Before the whole dilemma. There was a report that someone in ownership disrespected Kawhi.

Yeah and it was not rc and it was not pop
    And He never got over it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You completely misread his post he said 4-5 guys the media doesn't really mention. The most common names brought up are pop, kawhi, and TP. If i were to guess it would be a few people on coaching staff/ front office and maybe a player or two.
    My point was is that it's strange why the media doesn't mention those 4-5 guys. What power does those 4-5 guys have that could posses ESPN not to mention them. Like others have said RC,Pop, and the Spurs are not a powerful organization that has influence in the league like the Lakers,Knicks, and even the Celtics. What would be the problem of them revealing the truth if it paints the Spurs guys in a bad light? That part of it just doesn't make any sent to me. I'm willing to accept the truth even if paints the Spurs in bad light. The fact that they wont' release it makes me su ious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu gets away with a lot. The dude choked in 13 and all of that got pushed onto Kawhi. Fouled Dirk in 06. .4 happened in his face. etc.
    Not to mention that his playing for the Argentine national team led to many nagging injuries, even a couple of season ending injuries, that ultimately were costly to the Spurs. Imagine how much more juice he would have had with all those summers off.

In spite of all that, we justifiably love him. He was a net positive, but sure did have many negatives.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop with the imagination

The Spurs were 70% to blame in this situation
    When it comes to #2 situation you are as credible to me as Fox news when it comes to reporting about Trump. You make up crap in here all the time that is not verifiable You are basically this site's National Enquirer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of the context of your response to timvp? He said he wouldn't be surprised if they released a story on it (potentially naming the 4-5 people) during the Finals and that led you to believe it was something negative about Kawhi? Why would ESPN sit on a negative story on a superstar only to release it during the finals? Your response made no sense, that was the point. If they sat on it then there's no way in they'd release it now, the only reason they'd release something now is if it was anti-Spurs/Pop and it propped up Kawhi even further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point was is that it's strange why the media doesn't mention those 4-5 guys. What power does those 4-5 guys have that could posses ESPN not to mention them. Like others have said RC,Pop, and the Spurs are not a powerful organization that has influence in the league like the Lakers,Knicks, and even the Celtics. What would be the problem of them revealing the truth if it paints the Spurs guys in a bad light? That part of it just doesn't make any sent to me. I'm willing to accept the truth even if paints the Spurs in bad light. The fact that they wont' release it makes me su ious.
    What makes me su ious is why won't Uncle Dennis and his group release the truth? Makes no sense if it paints PATFO in a bad light? Wouldn't that help Kawhi's reputation? It's just a weird situation. Tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fkla would smash that swine. Hes got a thing for ugly and below average looking cave es
    nah

Don't you put Doris in the same class as Big Mona, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis probably annoyed / pissed off Spurs ownership with his bs .. Spurs ownership then probably said something about uncle Dennis to Kawhi along the lines of " be your own man / keep uncle Dennis out of your/our business" etc and kawhi got offended and sided with his uncle / family then uncle Dennis got in nephews ear to leave the Spurs and started telling him " Spurs are too controlling / pop doesn't respect you / etc etc and then the injury happened which then gave uncle Dennis an excuse and it just got worse worse as the season went on
    I agree with this, except there was no injury. He faked it. Just like he was faking it a few games ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also saw a poster in this forum say he heard whispers that someone in the ownership group said something that really upset Kawhi. It also lines up with a previous story of Uncle Dennis constantly reminding Kawhi of the disrespectful thing that someone from the Spurs had said about him when he was convincing him to leave.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of the context of your response to timvp? He said he wouldn't be surprised if they released a story on it (potentially naming the 4-5 people) during the Finals and that led you to believe it was something negative about Kawhi? Why would ESPN sit on a negative story on a superstar only to release it during the finals? Your response made no sense, that was the point. If they sat on it then there's no way in they'd release it now, the only reason they'd release something now is if it was anti-Spurs/Pop and it propped up Kawhi even further.
    Right so ESPN had this diabolical plan to release the hit piece on the Spurs once #2 got to the Finals when they could have just released this earlier in the year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes me su ious is why won't Uncle Dennis and his group release the truth? Makes no sense if it paints PATFO in a bad light? Wouldn't that help Kawhi's reputation? It's just a weird situation. Tbh
    That's pretty much how I feel. Especially if #2 is a hundred percent innocent why wouldn't you want to have the information released?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happend to guys like MaNu4Tres?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This story is now linked to KD hiding in broom closets. It’s not about Kawhi. It will be a KD story.

Thread Information