Page 490 of 745 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best path forward for both parties is to reconcile and continue the relationship. For Leonard, this means the most money and being able to play basketball generally out of the spotlight in SA which seems to suit his personality. For the Spurs, this means winning basketball games and not suffering a drop in franchise value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best path forward for both parties is to reconcile and continue the relationship. For Leonard, this means the most money and being able to play basketball generally out of the spotlight in SA which seems to suit his personality. For the Spurs, this means winning basketball games and not suffering a drop in franchise value.
    Question is if Kawhi's family can face the city after all these rumors and allegations. It would most definitely be a humbling experience but you know there will be idiots in the city that will go overboard in ridiculing them. And if that does happen what about the backlash of LA fans at their hometown. This has turned quite complicated for sure.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah..LMA is an inferior player, Kawhi never felt threatened by him, that was the other way around. LMA felt miserable and played at very low level for Kawhi's superstar level and MVP candidacy.

Without Kawhi on the team or any other player who could overshadow him, LMA is the happiest man in the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its clear the Spurs don't like his family? LOL. You have proof of this? I am sure they don't like his uncle giving Kawhi bad career advice. Its almost never good to mix family with business.
    Proof? We saw that every comment the Spurs leaked was about his family, "the voices" he's hearing...His family isn't Spursy a lot, they're South Cal people, I guess the Spurs wasn't ready for them, it's pretty obvious PATFO doesn't "love" them.

But I agree with you on family and business. However, Kawhi wont change his mind about that. Sometimes, a family-first guy like him, pays a high price for that.

Someone please remind me.

Back when Manu4Tres (and others) first started saying Kawhi was gonna push to play in L.A. there was a poster who was adamant that Kawhi absolutely DOES NOT want to go back to L.A. Who was that?
    Me. I posted that his best two friends since HS doubted Kawhi really wanted to play home and stay that close to his whole family in LA. Family is everything...But could be suffocating and possessive too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proof? We saw that every comment the Spurs leaked was about his family, "the voices" he's hearing...His family isn't Spursy a lot, they're South Cal people, I guess the Spurs wasn't ready for them, it's pretty obvious PATFO doesn't "love" them.

But I agree with you on family and business. However, Kawhi wont change his mind about that. Sometimes, a family-first guy like him, pays a high price for that.

In March, I posted that his two closest friends since HS doubted Kawhi really wanted to play home season after season. Family is everything...But could be suffocating and possessive too.
    What leaked that was innapproriate? What if it was Uncle Dennis and his slimy agent sabotaging and making things very difficult for both parties? It never looked personal but if your going to speak to a $20M employer for the NBA then you better know what your doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not happening. The only way that happens is if Kawhi cuts ties with the group and that essentially means cutting ties with family.

The group has drawn their line in the sand and they can't back down now or risk losing the whole operation. They don't give a damn about what's best for Kawhi tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't hear anything about "they don't go to SA..." but the list is better than I though. Thanks for posting it!
    Kidding, right? The UFAs are a collective dungheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What leaked that was innapproriate?
    I would say it was inopportune. It's never a good strategy to criticize the family of the franchise player in the middle of contract talks.

What if it was Uncle Dennis and his slimy agent sabotaging and making things very difficult for both parties? It never looked personal but if your going to speak to a $20M employer for the NBA then you better know what your doing.
    I guess we will never know it.
    After the Spurs trade Kawhi I doubt Spurs/Kawhi's camp would talk about this...Both parties made mistakes and talking in public about them won't help any side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not happening. The only way that happens is if Kawhi cuts ties with the group and that essentially means cutting ties with family.

The group has drawn their line in the sand and they can't back down now or risk losing the whole operation. They don't give a damn about what's best for Kawhi tbh.
    They found a way to agree to an extension in SA before. Money talks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say it was inopportune. It's never a good strategy to criticize the family of the franchise player in the middle of contract talks.

I guess we will never know it.
    After the Spurs trade Kawhi I doubt Spurs/Kawhi's camp would talk about this...Both parties made mistakes and talking in public about them won't help any side.
    Idk. So much has leaked and especially from Kawhi's side about how hurt they are and how their relationship is irrepairable. There would be too many questions. But if they can all have a coming home moment and address the obvious in a smart manner, things can start to be repaired. It would probably start with Kawhi firing his agent and getting a new one and Kawhi being more vocal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi, blink twice if true.
    Kawhi only closes his eyes to sleep. Cris Carter told me. No luck with this test
    Last edited by Dverde; 07-04-2018 at 10:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kidding, right? The UFAs are a collective dungheap.
    Man, if I posted before that "I'm having a good morning, don't ruin it with reality" and then I made a joke about "I didn't hear anything about "they don't go to SA"..It's clear that I was kidding.

But some fans here are too butthurt and sensitive about this Kawhi's situation that they can't see a guy having fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming he isn't a willing participant, which I still doubt honestly, then he needs to take a stand. He doesn't have to cut ties with Uncle Dennis but he can let it be known that he wants decisions that are best for him to be made. Not decisions that are best for the agency financially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, if I posted before that "I'm having a good morning, don't ruin it with reality" and then I made a joke about "I didn't hear anything about "they don't go to SA"..It's clear that I was kidding.

But some fans here are too butthurt and sensitive about this Kawhi's situation
    that they can't see a guy having fun
    Sadly, I think about Kawhi and this situation more than anything this past 1.5 weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s been my stance the whole time. As f’d up as the whole situation has been, both parties benefit at this point from working things out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how everyone keeps saying that the Kawhi relationship cannot be repaired because of the things coming from Kawhi's camp when Kawhi has never said anything himself. You ever think the mute routine is a method that allows him to say he never said, anything derogatory about the Spurs and in truth allows him the opportunity to change his mind anytime he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They found a way to agree to an extension in SA before. Money talks.
    If the reports are to be believed, that was with one of his ex-agents who had a better relationship with the team. And I guess even that process was rocky.

The Spurs are tired of his bull and seem ready to move on, they won't offer the supermax and the group won't accept anything less tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming he isn't a willing participant, which I still doubt honestly, then he needs to take a stand. He doesn't have to cut ties with Uncle Dennis but he can let it be known that he wants decisions that are best for him to be made. Not decisions that are best for the agency financially.
    He doesn't seem to have the maturity to do that and he's probably beyond brainwashed at this point that I doubt he can take a without Uncle Dennis telling him it's okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But some fans here are too butthurt and sensitive about this Kawhi's situation that they can't see a guy having fun
    Good! Clearly, the Spurs chances of landing a significant FA are nil when almost none exists to be signed. But in my fantasy world, mending fences with Kawhi and signing Klay (the only real gem) would be the ideal. Oh well... (Sigh)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone just beat the out of uncle Dennis tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would probably start with Kawhi firing his agent and getting a new one and Kawhi being more vocal.
    His agent is just a random guy. The Spurs have issues with his family, esp with his uncle but he's not the only one. Like Mugen said "The only way that happens is if Kawhi cuts ties with the group and that essentially means cutting ties with family"...Kawhi won't do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good! Clearly, the Spurs chances of landing a significant FA are nil when almost none exists to be signed. But in my fantasy world, mending fences with Kawhi and signing Klay (the only real gem) would be the ideal. Oh well... (Sigh)
    Exactly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His agent is just a random guy. The Spurs have issues with his family, esp with his uncle but he's not the only one. Like Mugen said "The only way that happens is if Kawhi cuts ties with the group and that essentially means cutting ties with family"...Kawhi won't do it.
    It's embarrassing for Uncle Dennis if he got fired by Kawhi but business shouldn't come before family meaning just because he gets fired doesn't mean he can't be apart of Kawhi's life. Spurs dont want their relationship to crumble but I'm sure all they want is Uncle Denbis to stay out of the Spurs/Kawhi business which is not unreasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Kawhi would speak if he was water boarded

Thread Information