Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China's lockdown is something USA won't / can't do, and Repugs and their voters are still not taking the covid-19 threat seriously.
    It's like people forget that it's an authoritarian government that can force it's citizens to self-quarantine. Meanwhile, beaches, malls, and airports here still have thousands of people walking around them.

Also, I wouldn't trust the Chinese government either. They're the ones who tried to silence doctors and cover it up initially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like people forget that it's an authoritarian government that can force it's citizens to self-quarantine. Meanwhile, beaches, malls, and airports here still have thousands of people walking around them.

Also, I wouldn't trust the Chinese government either. They're the ones who tried to silence doctors and cover it up initially.
    agree some doctors initially were silenced but USA also silenced CDC and doctors here initially

so did Italy, Iran and spain

all governments seem to react this way at first. probably most likely to avoid panic and economic damage

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At this point it also seems dumb to do what China is doing where they're treating it like a virus that can be contained and eradicated. Way too late for that. My hope is the US quarantining slows the virus down enough so it can spread through most of our population in 6-7 months at a rate the hospitals can keep up with and maybe keep the death toll to the early projections of ~500k.

Well unless the heat can slow it. That would be a godsend to have a few extra months to find treatments.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Should have been postponed, shame on the DNC. It turns out to have been a mistake to think this round of primaries would get rid of Sanders.
    Frankly, it was stroke of genius. (We'd) a never forced it like that if it were our primaries. No in' way. We'd a cancelled long before Ohio did. No, the DNC, in close association with MSM played it perfect. There was no build up as Tuesday came into being. "Shush, just the shut the up and brazen...the clock will run. It will be over and done with. We're not cancelling and dragging him till August. No in' way."

& Sanders will quit. He's just delaying it a bit.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At this point it also seems dumb to do what China is doing where they're treating it like a virus that can be contained and eradicated. Way too late for that. My hope is the US quarantining slows the virus down enough so it can spread through most of our population at a rate the hospitals can keep up with and maybe keep the death toll to the early projections of ~500k.
    Just re-open the hospitals...the hundreds we've closed the last decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point it also seems dumb to do what China is doing where they're treating it like a virus that can be contained and eradicated. Way too late for that. My hope is the US quarantining slows the virus down enough so it can spread through most of our population in 6-7 months at a rate the hospitals can keep up with and maybe keep the death toll to the early projections of ~500k.

Well unless the heat can slow it. That would be a godsend to have a few extra months to find treatments.
    best case scenario

I hope so too niga

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best case scenario

I hope so too niga
    I just think it's madness that China is doing everything they can to completely stop transmission. If you take them at their word that no new cases have been found today that is horrific news. It has to go through the population.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just re-open the hospitals...the hundreds we've closed the last decade.
    Yes, because nothing would be easier than bringing a bunch of abandoned places (if not already re-purposed/new-tenants) up to code, getting them staffed and ready to accept patients in the time frame we need.

I'm on the "moderately concerned" side here. I don't see "hundreds" of US deaths coming anytime soon, to get there, even with exponential growth, this would have to get way out of control.

Hopefully we can get some testing done so we can get more confirmed cases to drive the fear number, the mortality rate, down to where it really is. Maybe they can then start reporting more "light at the end of the tunnels" stories instead of inducing mass panic among stupid people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think it's madness that China is doing everything they can to completely stop transmission. If you take them at their word that no new cases have been found today that is horrific news. It has to go through the population.
    or the preventive measures:
    no touching
    social distance
    masks
    turn off ac
    communist party neighborhood watch
    military, police, drones

maybe these work very efficiently

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes, because nothing would be easier than bringing a bunch of abandoned places (if not already re-purposed/new-tenants) up to code, getting them staffed and ready to accept patients in the time frame we need.

I'm on the "moderately concerned" side here. I don't see "hundreds" of US deaths coming anytime soon, to get there, even with exponential growth, this would have to get way out of control.

Hopefully we can get some testing done so we can get more confirmed cases to drive the fear number, the mortality rate, down to where it really is. Maybe they can then start reporting more "light at the end of the tunnels" stories instead of inducing mass panic among stupid people.

"easier" is gone, Chooch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see "hundreds" of US deaths coming anytime soon, to get there, even with exponential growth, this would have to get way out of control.
    Italy is already there.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Italy is already there.
    "...right now, at this minute, me, I'm trying to bring my son back from Italy where he was at because of this Solotzo business. But, I'm a su ious man, and if my son should suddenly contract a virus, or, slip on a banana peel then I blame some of the people on this Board. But, that unsavory business aide, I swear on the soles of my feet I will not be the one to break the rules that Kor I Ellis ins uted so many years ago. Chow!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday Italy went from 2503 deaths to 2978.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if everyone would wear masks and gloves outside on top of distancing and cleaning surfaces we really would have no probelm tbqh

we will eventually move towards that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if everyone would wear masks and gloves outside on top of distancing and cleaning surfaces we really would have no probelm tbqh

we will eventually move towards that

We represent about 18 commercial cleaning companies across most large markets (excluding LA and Frisco right now) and half of them have paused services. They're so busy selling disinfecting and sanitation services for businesses.

I spoke with a few of my Clients and asked them if anyone on their teams have come down with it...not a single one yet.

Said it weeks ago...it's a sign of the times when it takes a mass panic to make people practice childhood hygiene

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if the population gets vaccinated before that can happen?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Italy is already there.
    We aren’t Italy though, I don’t think it’s a good comparison. We aren’t as old, we don’t smoke as much, and we don’t kiss each other on the cheek when greeting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We represent about 18 commercial cleaning companies across most large markets (excluding LA and Frisco right now) and half of them have paused services. They're so busy selling disinfecting and sanitation services for businesses.

I spoke with a few of my Clients and asked them if anyone on their teams have come down with it...not a single one yet.

Said it weeks ago...it's a sign of the times when it takes a mass panic to make people practice childhood hygiene
    Will be interesting to see the dropoff in influenza cases assuming that to be the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We aren’t Italy though, I don’t think it’s a good comparison. We aren’t as old, we don’t smoke as much, and we don’t kiss each other on the cheek when greeting.
    Unless she's hot tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or the preventive measures:
    no touching
    social distance
    masks
    turn off ac
    communist party neighborhood watch
    military, police, drones

maybe these work very efficiently

Twice in 20 minutes I've agreed with Hater.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And the fact the population is condensed into the geographical equivalent of a sardine can...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

That video Darrin shared yesterday about germ spread was eye opening for me. I thought I was pretty good at washing my hands and not touching my face but I’ve got some work to do.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    And the fact the population is condensed into the geographical equivalent of a sardine can...
    Yup. If New York tracks the same as Italy I won’t be surprised, but I just can’t see the entire US tracking the same.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. If New York tracks the same as Italy I won’t be surprised, but I just can’t see the entire US tracking the same.

Exactly. We're so spread out here.

That said, and I think you live in Northern Cali too, IIRC, here in the Central Valley, movie theaters and bowling alleys are still open but the geniuses here have decided to close a really, really dangerous place; fishing lakes. God damnit, California.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we could be worse. The logarithm of deaths was nearly linear and already sloped higher than Italy's a few days ago, and in the last two to three days the slope changed direction to an even steeper line. We're an obese population, a ton of us are on high blood pressure medicine, way more beetus here, and we have a healthcare system that covers less of us and might be (probably is) worse. Just gotta hope we started taking this seriously early enough, but we really didn't until this week. I think it's too late for Washington and New York, maybe the Bay Area too. And Florida might get there too soon enough from a double dose of infected old New Yorkers taking advantage of cheap flights and dumb spring breakers.

Thread Information