Page 149 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4810
    TFB and Nahlin said offer is up to 12mil per for 5 years.
    What’s an extra mill gonna hurt to these fat cats? Push it to 15 per.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Wonder how that offer compares with Jimbo, Saban, etc..

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IT is also saying 10mil per for his staff. Like I said, money will not be an issue.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wonder how that offer compares with Jimbo, Saban, etc..
    It would make him the highest paid coach in the history of Collage Football, I believe. I think Dabo makes 8mil.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's Feldman's article:

Full disclosure: I work with the former Ohio State head coach at FOX on our “Big Noon Kickoff” show.

Meyer is the elephant in the room when it comes to potentially huge coaching openings, and there could be one coming open this winter at Texas. Tom Herman is near the end of his fourth season at Texas, and the Longhorns are nowhere close to being a top-10 team. And despite a strong second season when they finished No. 9, it’s been very underwhelming.

After last season, Herman fired most of his staff — many of whom he brought with him from Houston — but the results haven’t been much better. A loss last Friday at home to Iowa State dropped Herman to 7-7 in his last 14 games. The feeling is this program should be better than it is now, and recruiting is backsliding. It would take $15 million-plus to move on from Herman, not to mention the cost of parting with the coaching staff.

People with knowledge of the matter say the UT brass is prepared to move on from Herman, but where they’d go next is the really intriguing part. Herman’s old boss, Meyer, is the wish candidate. He won national les at Florida and at Ohio State and wasted little time getting them there. The 56-year-old does have health concerns, and those were a real factor in him walking away from a plum job in Columbus. Does he still want badly to be on the sidelines?

Here’s my read on the situation: It’s really, really, really hard for coaches who walked away on top to stay away — especially someone as wildly compe ive as Meyer is. In Texas, you have a big job in a conference that appears ripe for the taking. This certainly isn’t the meat grinder that is the SEC. There are some parallels to how watered down the Big Ten was back when Meyer first showed up in Columbus. Meyer also has a good window into what’s going on inside at Texas and the personnel there given his former defensive coordinator Chris Ash now runs the Longhorns defense. Texas has great resources and a hefty recruiting base that Meyer did well mining when he was at Ohio State.

All that said, Meyer has taken to TV really well. He is extremely engaged in our show and very passionate about it — maybe as much as any analyst that I’ve worked with in TV. He genuinely cares about the show and takes great pride in the presence he has as a commentator on the sport, so I could definitely see him staying committed to that. I’ve worked with some former coaches who moved into TV and they essentially went through the motions, coasting on their name and personalities. That is definitely not Meyer or how he’s transitioned to it here.

I don’t know this for certain, but I suspect there are moments when he’s tempted by the prospects of being back in it as a coach, striving toward building and running a powerhouse being wired for how all-consuming that is. And then there probably are other days when he’s very comfortable with his situation now.

Man...who would have thought when the season began, we would be sitting here with two meaningless games to play, completely out of the conference championship conversation.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Man...who would have thought when the season began, we would be sitting here with two meaningless games to play, completely out of the conference championship conversation.
    That’s how it usually goes for Texas.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    I thought that

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Where is the rumor that Demond Demas may be hitting the transfer portal coming from?
    the Demas situation is still pretty strange; he was not suited up for Saturday's game and when asked all Fisher stated was that Demas was made unavailable for the game but that the reason was not due to injury or illness; it was also stated that Demas is not in the portal at this time. This situation definitely bears watching though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He had already opted out even though he was on the field.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    something big is happening tomorrow

Wishing, and hoping, and dreaming, and praying....

We shall see... very anxious to see if Texas and all the kings horses can get in a row.

Maybe we're rehiring Mack Brown from UNC again? Swweeeeeettttt!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just got off the phone with my Pops who lives in Gainesville FLA. Big U of F fan.

My 2 sibs went there-me i am a UT grad.

I told him UT gonna hire Urban.

He said most folks around U of F don't care for Urban.

Just saying what they say in Gainesville.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They do annual Nuclear Winter piece on Dec 1. That’s what that is hinting to.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Just got off the phone with my Pops who lives in Gainesville FLA. Big U of F fan.

My 2 sibs went there-me i am a UT grad.

I told him UT gonna hire Urban.

He said most folks around U of F don't care for Urban.

Just saying what they say in Gainesville.
    I bet they like that natty, actually both nattys
    Last edited by Billybass; 11-30-2020 at 09:57 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I bet they like that natty
    At the time yes. Urban wore out his welcome as time wore on.

At the time yes. Urban wore out his welcome as time wore on.
    We all know going in, the guy can be a pain in the ass. But he has skins on the wall. And he will win here also, if he comes. I’m so sick of losing, I am willing to put up with his . I have forgot what it’s like to beat Oklahoma, or to be in serious conversation for a national le. If he comes here, that changes immediately.

Thread Information