Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda wish that the Raptors can do the Spurs some favor in the future but I know, it doesn't work that way.
    They gave us Matt Bonner, so this was just us returning the favour

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, trust me. The Raptor fans have booed their team during past playoff games where they lost unceremoniously. They do not have much concept of loyalty or class. They're all on the bandwagon at the moment. If the team came crashing down after KL leaves, they would going to the games or watching games. In this day and age of social media, most of the city is supporting them because it's the cool thing to do and gets you social media props. I have lived here for 30+ years.
    Oh I don’t doubt here are bandwagoners, you had them when the Jays were good recently as well.

But Jurassic Park has always been epic even when before this year. Raps have had some horrible showing in the playoffs in recent years but the fan base has always been solid. This decade it’s always been tough to get good tickets for fair prices because from 2013 onward the Raps have been compe ive.

After Kawhi leaves (if that happens) the team obviously wont be as good but Jurassic Park will still be crazy come playoff time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn't like Rasho back then but I thought Matt is better since he can shoot 3s. I was young back then.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao. God bless the red rocket. He served us well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you on this.Secondly,the Raptors is the only Canadian team in the league since the Vancouver Grizzlies move in Memphis so i support them being the only team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans from Toronto you are beautiful people. That's real dedication to the team especially from what we are seeing from the otuside. Those fan gatherings they showed last night in all the provinces was incredible, especially the Mississauga crowd.

I would be so hyped watching the Raptors dismantle Golden State if I wasn't a Spurs fan. Instead it is gut wrenching knowing how badly the Spurs FO got schooled in this trade. Ujuri unloaded a bloated contract and a player who was benched in the 4th vs the Cavs, didn't give up Siakam, and got Danny Green for their trouble.

Spurs FO handed them a potential dynasty if Leonard resigns as is rumored, and for relative scraps.

I've gotten over Leonard's charade from last year partly because timvp has hinted that the Spurs were complicit in more than we know. I think Gregg and RC owe us an explanation on what the went wrong. They look like fools in light of what's about to happen.

Anyway like I said God bless you Spurs fans living among that euphoria and it's awesome you guys are keeping the faith! Cheers

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'm in the same boat. It sucks man but 5 > pros uting your team for one ring.

As for fair weather fans, Toronto has a lot of fair weather people in general. You'll see people lining up for hours to get in the newest food joint or the latest instagram spot. Many people wanna be cool like the Americans.

There are still a lot of loyal fans of course that've been watching for 24 years but most can't name a player from before 2014

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in the same boat. It sucks man but 5 > pros uting your team for one ring.

As for fair weather fans, Toronto has a lot of fair weather people in general. You'll see people lining up for hours to get in the newest food joint or the latest instagram spot. Many people wanna be cool like the Americans.

There are still a lot of loyal fans of course that've been watching for 24 years but most can't name a player from before 2014
    Your profile says your team is Raptors. Make up your mind bro! Haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lifelong Spurs fan here. Don't post much online if ever. I am a Toronto native but my basketball alliances have always been with the Spurs even before the Raptors existed.

I absolute hate Leonard who went from my favorite player to my most hated after the he pulled off and quit on the Spurs. So on principle alone, I can't cheer for the Raptors success as that would mean cheering for this traitor.

And the arrogant as Toronto fans in the city with their We The North BS have always annoyed me. It's just 100 times worse now.

I wonder if there are any other Spurs fans in Toronto who are going through the same agony as I am. My blood boils with every game the Raptors win as they inch closer to the le.
    WETHENORTH

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Your profile says your team is Raptors. Make up your mind bro! Haha
    lol i made this account long ago, I picked that to show I'm a spurs fan in toronto. Thought the avy would be enough. Tried changing it too but cant find the option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans from Toronto you are beautiful people. That's real dedication to the team especially from what we are seeing from the otuside. Those fan gatherings they showed last night in all the provinces was incredible, especially the Mississauga crowd.

I would be so hyped watching the Raptors dismantle Golden State if I wasn't a Spurs fan. Instead it is gut wrenching knowing how badly the Spurs FO got schooled in this trade. Ujuri unloaded a bloated contract and a player who was benched in the 4th vs the Cavs, didn't give up Siakam, and got Danny Green for their trouble.

Spurs FO handed them a potential dynasty if Leonard resigns as is rumored, and for relative scraps.

I've gotten over Leonard's charade from last year partly because timvp has hinted that the Spurs were complicit in more than we know. I think Gregg and RC owe us an explanation on what the went wrong. They look like fools in light of what's about to happen.

Anyway like I said God bless you Spurs fans living among that euphoria and it's awesome you guys are keeping the faith! Cheers
    You’re welcome

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol i made this account long ago, I picked that to show I'm a spurs fan in toronto. Thought the avy would be enough. Tried changing it too but cant find the option
    I will need to drink my sorrows when the raps win this championship. Care to join me? Haha

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the North!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lifelong Spurs fan here. Don't post much online if ever. I am a Toronto native but my basketball alliances have always been with the Spurs even before the Raptors existed.

I absolute hate Leonard who went from my favorite player to my most hated after the he pulled off and quit on the Spurs. So on principle alone, I can't cheer for the Raptors success as that would mean cheering for this traitor.

And the arrogant as Toronto fans in the city with their We The North BS have always annoyed me. It's just 100 times worse now.

I wonder if there are any other Spurs fans in Toronto who are going through the same agony as I am. My blood boils with every game the Raptors win as they inch closer to the le.
    Must suck for you Hilarious to me though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats really annoying is when people there are raving about the clutch hes doing. Stuff we've witnessed while he we here and healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSN SPORTSNET DEVLIN RAUTINS ARMSTRONG JURASSIC PARK DRAKE

LETS GO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honestly feels like how Cavs fans must’ve felt when LeBron left the first time.
    Now he's a Faker. Neph soon to follow. Oh wait, that's where kwitter originally wanted to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats really annoying is when people there are raving about the clutch hes doing. Stuff we've witnessed while he we here and healthy.
    2016 vs OKC not so much. But then again he was like 24 or 25 so still not prime level like he's at now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not living in Toronto, but I share your sentiments all the same. Disgusting combination of arrogance/inferiority complex from their fans/media.

My annoyance/frustration reached a peak during game 5 of the ECF, when it became clear that what I suspected after the trade went down was in fact going to happen: S bag was going to the Finals and with the Durant uncertainty, probably winning it. When I heard after game 1 that Durant was likely out until at least game 4, I knew it was officially over and have been resigned since.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did just fans in Toronto cheered when Durant got an injury? That was "class". Considering that Durant used to consider playing in Toronto previously.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did just fans in Toronto cheered when Durant got an injury? That was "class". Considering that Durant used to consider playing in Toronto previously.
    Yep. Many videos of majority of the fans in the arena, in bars, at most Jurassic Park locations cheering, flipping him off and waving good bye at Durant.

There are also videos of Toronto fans attacking a GSW fan and his girlfriend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Many videos of majority of the fans in the arena, in bars, at most Jurassic Park locations cheering, flipping him off and waving good bye at Durant.

There are also videos of Toronto fans attacking a GSW fan and his girlfriend.
    Atleast you're right as you mentioned previously here, sure they are fully supporting their team but it seems they don't have a concept of sportmanship.
    Probably some casual fans as true fans shouldn't cheer any injuries on players from the opposing team.

Disgusting.

Thread Information